Does anyone know if everyone is ok from the Skyliner accident that happened this evening? We were there in April when the last one happened & thankfully there were no injuries.

What???? Was there really another skyliner accident on 6/8/21?? No one here has answered this question yet, and I haven't seen it anywhere else? Is it true and if so, details.

Oh yeah! I didn't think to just look at the app for wait times. That's a great idea.

How early do I need to get to parks for "rope drop?" We are camping in an RV at Fort Wilderness, but we plan to drive to the parks to get there easier. The campground bus system can take forever.
I've seen recommendations lately to try to arrive at the MK park lot toll booths around 90 minutes prior to posted park opening although they may have you circle around at that time.
What???? Was there really another skyliner accident on 6/8/21?? No one here has answered this question yet, and I haven't seen it anywhere else? Is it true and if so, details.
Sadly, yes.
https://blogmickey.com/2021/06/disney-skyliner-crashes-again-at-disney-world/
I don't know the status of the Epcot Skyliner today. Can anyone there report status? Thanks.

Currently here staying at Poly DVC. I was here with my sister in January over MLK week. Here are some things we’ve noticed this trip.

1. It is HOT. We are normally fall/winter vacationers but my mom wasn’t comfortable going in January and really wanted a trip before losing points so here we are.We upgraded our tickets to PH+ week before arriving and very grateful we did. We go to the parks early and leave around noon to rest or hit the pool or Blizzard Beach and then go back to the parks after dinner.

2. There are definitely more people. That was expected but it is noticeable for sure. Without the shows and parades to eat people, the lines build pretty quickly. That said at least they move continually without the stopping for FP. We know how to use FP to our advantage but I kind of like the continuously moving lines.

3. The social distance markers are in the lines but no one uses them. In January most people were very good about keeping to the distance markers. Now they may as well not be there. No one is breathing down our necks in line, but it does feel more pre-COVID-19 line distancing.

4. Mask compliance is not as good as January. Most people in January were great at following the rules. Now, I’d say 75% compliance in lines and 50% or less at the resort. Maybe it is better in resorts where you have to walk more inside to get to your room. We don’t mind as we are all vaccinated but just an FYI to those who have concerns.

5. Wait times tend to be inflated. We noticed this in January as well. I’ve been using the Lines app from touring plans and it has been pretty accurate. Definitely pay attention to the last reported times as sometimes it is over an hour since a report.

we are having a great time but I think it will be a while before we come in the summer again. My mom and sister don’t handle heat well. For that matter, neither does my husband. 😂

I’ve been checking the wait times on the My Disney Experience app. I’ve noticed times going up slightly-the other day I saw a 90 minute wait for slinky, 70 for splash, 70 for jungle cruise, etc. Still not back to pre-pandemic waits by far, but it looks like they’re getting longer.

Except we had FP+ pre-pandemic to eliminate those long waits. There is a "tipping point" coming where guest satisfaction will drop to a point where they need to open more shows, increase ride and dining capacity, reinstitute FP+, or all three. I'm hoping for all three.

I will not be happy to stand in ANY line that is 70 minutes. NEVER have I done that in my 11 years of WDW vacations. On average it is 10-25.

Dan

I am just returning today from a quick trip staying at the new refurbished rooms at Wilderness Lodge. Here are my observations from our fantastic stay. Note: This is more 4th visit since covid started and my most relaxed.

*I love the new decor in WL rooms. It is simply done and very crisp and clean. They have done away with the iron and it has been replaced by hand held steamers. I love this!!!!
*Really enjoyed our meal at Guyser Point. The hamburger was the best I have ever had on property.
*Transportation was great during our stay. We used boats and buses.
*Never waited more than 50 minutes for anything. And we only did that twice. Once for Seven dwarfs and the other for FOP. Everything else was 20 minutes or less. Crowds were there but lines moved quickly for sure.
*We went to MK on Sunday 4pm-close. Got everything we wanted done and did some things twice.
*Monday we did 3 parks. Went to AK from 1-5. Did everything there but Rafiki's planet. We even got to see the baby zebra and baby flamingo. Both were precious. Hopped to HS. There we did Tower of Terror, Star Tours, , Slinky Dog, and Mickey's run away train. We took the skyliner to Epcot and ate in Mexico. We did Soarin and called it a night.
*Pool day and shopping yesterday.
*Mask wearing was much more relaxed. My past visits felt like there was so much policing on masks that it stressed everyone out. It was not like that at all this time. It was so nice not to have mask outside. Guest had them on to get on the bus and boat but some quickly moved to the chin. Guest did have them on to enter the ride que, but the same....moved them to the chin while in line. No one was checking to see if they were on or off while waiting in any of the lines that I was in. Same with transportation. Also, I noticed they did not have the AC pumping in ride ques yet so that probably encourages people to pull the mask down because it is so hot. They would remind you while getting on the ride to keep your mask up. There are markers still on the ground but no one follows them at ALL! No one was on top of me but markers were not used in any attraction. It was nice to see smiles. Everyone was very happy to be there.
*Happy to answer any questions. It was a great trip!!!!

Good morning! Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect during my June 19-25 trip? I've heard the park is at 55% capacity now, as opposed to 35%. I'm wondering about wait times and such. I haven't been down there in years, and obviously not without Fastpasses!

I know about the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance. And my sister said to go straight to Smuggler's Run at rope drop. In AK, we're planning to go straight to Flight of Passage at rope drop. Is that still the best strategy?

Super excited for our upcoming trip!
We did FOP with a 50 minute wait at 4pm. Crowds were there this week but wait times were not that bad. I thought they were worse in December than they are right now. We did not do rope drop on our days and were just fine. You can get alot done in the late afternoon.

I used the Touring Plans Lines app extensively both to report and see times and it was much more accurate, though I always have to remind people that it's important not just to look at the time but go into the ride's screen and look to see when the last user submitted time was reported. Things can change quickly sometimes. In general though, if you rope drop and stay flexible, you'll be good. Alternatively if you come in the late afternoon, you can get a whole lot done as well (though Epcot is the exception to this, Test Track lines stay ridiculous all day long even up to closing).
Thank you for this excellent bit of advice!

Good morning! Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect during my June 19-25 trip? I've heard the park is at 55% capacity now, as opposed to 35%. I'm wondering about wait times and such. I haven't been down there in years, and obviously not without Fastpasses!

I know about the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance. And my sister said to go straight to Smuggler's Run at rope drop. In AK, we're planning to go straight to Flight of Passage at rope drop. Is that still the best strategy?

Super excited for our upcoming trip!
I'll be there the same week. Since summer recess begins around the same time for much of the country, I'm expecting slightly higher crowds than early June, but not as high usually for the same week in years past. I anticipaing managble crowds, but being flexible with expectations. Enjoy your trip!

I am just returning today from a quick trip staying at the new refurbished rooms at Wilderness Lodge. Here are my observations from our fantastic stay. Note: This is more 4th visit since covid started and my most relaxed.

*I love the new decor in WL rooms. It is simply done and very crisp and clean. They have done away with the iron and it has been replaced by hand held steamers. I love this!!!!
*Really enjoyed our meal at Guyser Point. The hamburger was the best I have ever had on property.
*Transportation was great during our stay. We used boats and buses.
*Never waited more than 50 minutes for anything. And we only did that twice. Once for Seven dwarfs and the other for FOP. Everything else was 20 minutes or less. Crowds were there but lines moved quickly for sure.
*We went to MK on Sunday 4pm-close. Got everything we wanted done and did some things twice.
*Monday we did 3 parks. Went to AK from 1-5. Did everything there but Rafiki's planet. We even got to see the baby zebra and baby flamingo. Both were precious. Hopped to HS. There we did Tower of Terror, Star Tours, , Slinky Dog, and Mickey's run away train. We took the skyliner to Epcot and ate in Mexico. We did Soarin and called it a night.
*Pool day and shopping yesterday.
*Mask wearing was much more relaxed. My past visits felt like there was so much policing on masks that it stressed everyone out. It was not like that at all this time. It was so nice not to have mask outside. Guest had them on to get on the bus and boat but some quickly moved to the chin. Guest did have them on to enter the ride que, but the same....moved them to the chin while in line. No one was checking to see if they were on or off while waiting in any of the lines that I was in. Same with transportation. Also, I noticed they did not have the AC pumping in ride ques yet so that probably encourages people to pull the mask down because it is so hot. They would remind you while getting on the ride to keep your mask up. There are markers still on the ground but no one follows them at ALL! No one was on top of me but markers were not used in any attraction. It was nice to see smiles. Everyone was very happy to be there.
*Happy to answer any questions. It was a great trip!!!!

We arrive for our 1st stay at WL next Tuesday. You said the transportation was good? No issues with the buses like other resorts are having? How full did the lodge seem?

We just returned home today from a great trip! I found mask compliance to be pretty good. We would not have been comfortable if we were not vaccinated as others have said social distancing is not great. But vaccinated we felt comfortable with no masks outdoors and masks indoors. I will say that mornings are good but definitely not as productive as when we had fp. At mk our first day (this past Sunday) we caught first bus from cbr an were first at taps. We rode space, buzz, then thunder twice with no lines. By the time we hit our next ride (pirates) lines were definitely building. Normally we would have started using fpp once the lines started building. Instead we just did some picking and choosing of what we wanted to ride and we took a break for nutella waffles!

One thing I did really enjoy were evenings. They really were better. We have been in evenings many times and while everyone always said there were less crowds we really never found that to be the case. However this time we did and I suspect it was lack of fpp? We arrived around 5 and by 6 it was SO MUCH COOLER. Just really nice in each of the parks we went to at night. The biggest difference was HS because frankly it is just hotter than the face of the sun there during the day. The one day we didn't take an afternoon break was HS and we definitely regretted it.

We hit sdd at rd in HS, Space both days in MK and FOP in AK. Worked great for all but we were front of the pack for all (first at taps both days at MK, 3 fami. At MK if you are not headed for SDMT being front of pack is not as critical. Hardly any people were headed to space!!!!

There are definitely things we missed (like fireworks) but we still had a fantastic time!

Ok, so I've been home for 2 days, but I brought a cold home with me so I haven't done much but try to call Disney to get Boo Bash tickets :rotfl2:
We did have a great trip aside from both of our rooms on our split stay, at Riviera and Old Key West, not being ready until 5pm or later. We were obviously not thrilled, but were always nice about asking about our rooms, and both times were given room credits which were greatly appreciated. Had great stays at both, and especially enjoyed OKW for our pool days at the end, just wish I hadn't woken up with a screaming sore throat on check out day. Parks were actually great this trip, aside from being hot, just so many coughing kids everywhere; I blame the kid that coughed in my face on Friday for this lovely cold (was walking over to Haunted Mansion, he crossed in front of me while I reached for my mask, looked right at me and coughed the nastiest wet cough right in my face before I got my mask on for the queue....ewwwwww). It's not Covid though, and I'm already on the mend, just not a fun thing to bring home, just be mindful out there folks (and if your kid has a cough, put a mask on them and keep it on them). We're glad we went before capacity went up, and it was really nice to see many CM who had recently returned back to work after a long furlough. I still say RD is the best time to go, break midday after lunch, then back in the evening to round out the day. We did everything we wanted to multiple times without rush and without huge waits doing this.

DH and I are here now, hitting the parks only late afternoon into evening because it’s so hot. I don’t have anything new to report, but I do have a question. Last night at MK around 8:45 we were walking from SDMT to Jungle Cruise, trying to get there before closing. We came out from the castle to see the hub almost full of people standing and sitting, looking expectantly toward the castle as if they were waiting for something. We asked a group of CMs what everyone was waiting for, and they said they didn’t know, they didn’t get the memo! 😆 We kept walking and made it to Jungle Cruise just before they closed the line, but we’re still wondering - do any of you know why so many people were gathered in the hub at closing last night?

DH and I are here now, hitting the parks only late afternoon into evening because it’s so hot. I don’t have anything new to report, but I do have a question. Last night at MK around 8:45 we were walking from SDMT to Jungle Cruise, trying to get there before closing. We came out from the castle to see the hub almost full of people standing and sitting, looking expectantly toward the castle as if they were waiting for something. We asked a group of CMs what everyone was waiting for, and they said they didn’t know, they didn’t get the memo! 😆 We kept walking and made it to Jungle Cruise just before they closed the line, but we’re still wondering - do any of you know why so many people were gathered in the hub at closing last night?
They may have been waiting for the Kiss Goodnight? Not sure if that is currently happening or not. When we left after riding splash late last night we were 100% cooked so didn't even think to wait and see.

They may have been waiting for the Kiss Goodnight? Not sure if that is currently happening or not. When we left after riding splash late last night we were 100% cooked so didn't even think to wait and see.
Yeah, we wondered about that - didn’t think it was happening, and the CMs we talked to didn’t mention it. Hoping someone will come along and let us know if the Kiss Goodnight is indeed happening nowadays - we’ll be back at MK tomorrow night and might want to watch! Or make sure we leave before those large crowds do :scared:

Mask compliance is not as good as January. Most people in January were great at following the rules. Now, I’d say 75% compliance in lines and 50% or less at the resort. Maybe it is better in resorts where you have to walk more inside to get to your room.

As a counterpoint, we are finishing up a double resort stat tonight, and for both Wilderness Lidge and the Beach Club, I’d estimate mask compliance to be 95%-99%, with the cast members being pretty good at gently reminding the remaining people that they must wear masks while indoors.

Busses and boats were at 100%, with a bus driver nicely reminding two teenage sisters that after the third warning, he would have them exit the bus.

Ride lines were more varied , with chin-wearing being the most common “non-compliance”, but when cast members noticed, they were quick to remind people that they must wear masks while in the line proper.

As fir spacing in lines, somewhat hit or miss, and there were some marker removals in multiple places, so distancing rules may be on the way out?

All in all, all things considered, an excellent trip, and one a long time in coming.

Yeah, we wondered about that - didn’t think it was happening, and the CMs we talked to didn’t mention it. Hoping someone will come along and let us know if the Kiss Goodnight is indeed happening nowadays - we’ll be back at MK tomorrow night and might want to watch! Or make sure we leave before those large crowds do :scared:

There were still tons of people milling about the castle when we left and we all wondered what they were doing as well. Then we waited for a bus for what seemed like 90 hours. Never will I ever not drive to any park when we will be there til close. I thought we had learned this lesson but apparently we had to be reminded again!

There were still tons of people milling about the castle when we left and we all wondered what they were doing as well. Then we waited for a bus for what seemed like 90 hours. Never will I ever not drive to any park when we will be there til close. I thought we had learned this lesson but apparently we had to be reminded again!

Driving is not much better. Monorail is still socially distanced with plexiglass so less people fit in a car. I haven’t taken the ferry in a while so not sure how full they are filling it. Then you have to walk to your car.

Driving is not much better. Monorail is still socially distanced with plexiglass so less people fit in a car. I haven’t taken the ferry in a while so not sure how full they are filling it. Then you have to walk to your car.

We took the ferry this evening and there was zero social distancing both waiting for the boat and riding in. Not sure capacity but it was enough to feel crowded by your neighbor. Fwiw, mask complaince was no problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter