Can anyone share how the rental cars at MCO have been? I read some people had to wait for cars to be returned since there is a rental car shortage. We arrive next Wednesday and have a rental car at MCO through Alamo
We rented through Alamo a week ago. We prepaid, so just went to the lot, selected our car out of a huge number of options. Under 5 minutes to go through check out.
I've read other horror stories, so not sure if we just timed it right? 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. Returning the car was equally easy.

Thank you all for the feedback on the QS! We don't have any food allergies, but we definitely have picky eaters.

I looked at the mobile ordering on My Disney Experience and noticed that Lotus Blossom Cafe wasn't listed. Does that mean they are not open or they don't do mobile ordering? So much has changed, I feel like I'm starting over!

Here now and loving it! Flew in yesterday. Flights were fine albeit of course delayed. We had a driver meet us from TiffanyTowncars. Very professional, very helpful. One of those drivers that could answer anything but did not force conversation. Really recommend their service.

We went to MK yesterday after we got settled at the swan. Crowded but not crazy so. If you need 100% compliance with masks and social distancing this is not the time or place. Masks were pretty good overall. Social distancing has left the park. We don't really care as we are fine and enjoy chatting but could definitely see some people that were making comment and getting agitated because people wouldn't stay on the appropriate line.

Most of the lines seemed to be 10-15 minutes less than posted. HM and BTMRR were both walk-ons even though they were posted at 20 and 30 minutes. I did find the times posted by the touring plans app to undershoot the wait by about 5. So we started splitting the difference and were generally good.

Today is HS. Got up psyched myself up and these fat, over-forty fingers scored boarding group 7!!! So incredibly excited. Honestly this ride is the reason we came . . . well, that and celebrating our fifth anniversary. Finishing up to walk over from the swan and feeling some wonderful magic!

We got in very late, 12:30am, a couple weeks ago. We use the Emerald Aisle at National. There were no vehicles left in the Emerald Aisle. The premium aisle had only large mini vans and trucks. We ended up with a Ford F-150. They did not charge us for the upgrade. I am used to driving full sized trucks, but it was a surprise for sure. All the rental car companies seemed very low in inventory. I noticed people were scrambling to grab vehicles.
Thank you for sharing! Thankfully I am used to driving my husbands truck! I’d love to get upgraded to a minivan haha well I’ll be happy to report on Wednesday my experience with Alamo. We land at 9am

Here now and loving it! Flew in yesterday. Flights were fine albeit of course delayed. We had a driver meet us from TiffanyTowncars. Very professional, very helpful. One of those drivers that could answer anything but did not force conversation. Really recommend their service.

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you are having a great time!

If I may ask, where did your Tiffany driver meet you? We are using them next week for the first time since Covid and are wondering how they do it these days. Thanks!

Just got back - amazing! Perfect weather - perfect trip celebrating our third anniversary... wish we had a few more days!

No big coasters this trip - back issues.

Monday - bus line from Yacht club (6:25 a.m.), first bus not until almost 7 a.m. - arrived later than car drivers. AK gates already open - nice, no line/people - just a selfie of us in front of tree of life. Short line for FOP - moved the whole time. Walk on Navi - Rum Blossoms from Pongu Pongu plus a Mickey Pretzel (perfect breakfast). Watched the birds/parrots at tree of life (cast member told us exactly where to sit to be right beside them). Tough to be a Bug - no wait, always a good laugh and neat to see the animals on the tree. Donald and Daisy on boat cavalcade. Animal Trek then Gorilla Falls Trail. Yak & Yeti (made a reservation through Landry's/call to restaurant) - so good! - for lunch. Back to Yacht Club for Storm-along-Bay then Beaches & Cream for dinner. Shared a meal (plenty of food!) and a bucket-list Mickey Pants Sundae for dessert. Took a ride on the skyliner and walked the Boardwalk to enjoy the weather.

Tuesday - walk to Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. Breakfast pizza (best food have had in while) and cute pancakes. Complimentary croissant with chocolate treat for anniversary surprise (Disney magic). Walk to Epcot - arrived 9:45 a.m. to a short line waiting for temp checks. About 10 a.m. to gate to wait - opened about 10:15 a.m. Straight to Soarin' (no wait first time, second time maybe 10 min wait). Nemo and aquarium walk on/through. Walked to front - saw Mickey and Minnie and then topiaries: Minnie/Mickey, Pluto/Huey/Dewy/Lewy, Figment, Donald/Daisy. Pixar Film Fest (3D - loved it!). Orange Wine Slushies (always a favorite) and Pork Belly Slider for a quick snack. Canada - watch the movie! Saw Mary Poppins near Tea Garden. To France to maybe see Beauty & Beast sing-a-long (since never have) - missed it, opted not to wait 18 mins. Had Macaron on a stick and La Vie en Rose Wine Slushie - both good! Back to Yacht Club for break. Around 5:30 back out. Canada movie again (so DH could see the narwhal he missed, LOL - plus he loves Canada - missed his annual trip last year and maybe this year). Caught the Jammitors. Cool, beautiful weather. Pooh / eeyore topiaries in England. Peter Pan/Hook and Piggy/Kermit topiaries on the way. Walked through butterfly house. Mickey pretzel for me, beer for him. Rode the Land. Skipped Mexico (had reservation later). Walked through and enjoyed countries. Food at China (chicken skewer and wontons both very good). Germany - picked up a replacement glass Mickey ornament (my tree fell over last year and it broke). Pineapple skewer from Outpost (did not like it) - Frozen Brown Elephant drink (yum!), not on menu but can ask for this Frozen Coke drink. Missed American Adventure (next time) on to France for movie - no wait (loved this movie!). Enjoyed the walk back to Mexico. Boat ride - no wait, always fun. First time dinner at San Angel (9:30 p.m. on a 10 p.m. park close night) - great food and ambiance. Park almost empty - BEAUTIFUL moon. Pretty perfect stroll back through countries to International Gateway - back to Yacht Club via the Friendship boat (with that moon, was a treat).

Wednesday - leaving day. Drive to MK (arrived at toll booth at 6:50 a.m., second car in one lane - let through at 7:15ish a.m.). Definitely behind buses and others after taking monorail over. Still early - in park about 725. Decided to go less traveled route. Walk on Pirates (got my Mickey Ears). Walk on Haunted Mansion. Walk on Peter Pan. Walk on Carousel. Cinnamon roll from Gaston's. Walk on Buzz Lightyear. Walk on People Mover (happy)!!!! Watch Philharmagic - no wait. Walk on Ariel. Walk on Aladdin Carpets. Dole Whip and Mickey Pretzel (saw the Spring Roll cart, but dole whip won out). Country Bear Jamboree - enjoy it. A little shopping on main street (no waits, stores had plenty of room) - treats to take home: for the kids and rice krispie treats. Headed to Tony's for lunch reservation. Saw my favorites - Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit and Piglet on the train station balcony. Spaghetti and meatballs plus fried mozzarella and complimentary anniversary ice cream dessert. A goodbye wave from Eeyore and Pooh on our way to the car.

ADRs helped us avoid searching for tables out of the sun and gave good mask breaks. Low to no lines (FOP was the longest at rope drop - we weren't first in park but still early and the wait was almost all just walking the queue).

Sad to leave, already hope to go again.

Last edited:

If I may ask, where did your Tiffany driver meet you? We are using them next week for the first time since Covid and are wondering how they do it these days. Thanks!
Right at baggage claim

Monday - Back to Yacht Club for Storm-along-Bay then Beaches & Cream for dinner. Shared a meal (plenty of food!) and a bucket-list Mickey Pants Sundae for dessert.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

Any tips for getting for getting a Beaches & Cream ADR? In all our days at WDW we've never been there (never tried), but want to make it a priority this year. The morning that ADR's open for us, I plan to try for a day later in our stay. (60+7 due to our split DVC stay) Hopefully it won't be booked up already. We are a party of 5.

I'm not the original poster, but I too used Tiffany for our April trip. The day before, they sent a text with the photo of the driver who would pick us up. When our plane landed, we got a text from him asking which luggage carrousel we would be at, and met us outside the nearest door. He was a great driver, and I will probably use Tiffany for all future trips.

Is Bell Services still able to hold onto luggage after checkout. IE - Last park day we'll be going to MK and hopping around then transferring via Uber to Universal at end of day. Can BWV hold luggage and then we can come back to our resort at night well after 11am checkout hours?

Initially we were planning on renting a car, but may drop rental with all variability on car availability

Sounds like you had a great trip!

Any tips for getting for getting a Beaches & Cream ADR? In all our days at WDW we've never been there (never tried), but want to make it a priority this year. The morning that ADR's open for us, I plan to try for a day later in our stay. (60+7 due to our split DVC stay) Hopefully it won't be booked up already. We are a party of 5.

I had success with the $5 Mouse Watcher site, as well as stalking the Disney dining reservation website. A lot of reservations opened up a day or two before we went. I had a reservation, and then was able to drop it and get the perfect time. :) Have fun!

Is Bell Services still able to hold onto luggage after checkout. IE - Last park day we'll be going to MK and hopping around then transferring via Uber to Universal at end of day. Can BWV hold luggage and then we can come back to our resort at night well after 11am checkout hours?

Initially we were planning on renting a car, but may drop rental with all variability on car availability
Yes bell services will hold your luggage.

I had success with the $5 Mouse Watcher site, as well as stalking the Disney dining reservation website. A lot of reservations opened up a day or two before we went. I had a reservation, and then was able to drop it and get the perfect time. :) Have fun!
the touring plans reservation finder works great for this. but on our last trip in late January, we literally snagged one the same day - just really good luck I guess. So keep checking even if you don't have one by the time you get down there!

Thanks Lorileahb and NashvilleMama. If I don't snag one I will be using the touringplans ADR finder. I've used it in the past with success. Dan

Thanks Lorileahb and NashvilleMama. If I don't snag one I will be using the touringplans ADR finder. I've used it in the past with success. Dan

Nice! Touring Plans used to work for me (and mouse dining) - but this year the Mouse Watcher popped up ressies before the others. Hopefully you'll get to book what you want from the get go. :)

Question about TOT. Got into HS today 45 minutes before rope drop. Went straight to TOT and it wasn't open and cm wouldn't let us cue. Went to SDD and when we came back a short while later it was up to 90 minutes. We waited another hour and it went up to 120 and we (for the first time ever) waited about that long to ride it.

Any strategies for Saturday? If we get a similar experience and cm response would you suggest we just pace around until it opens? Any other suggestions?

Just got home so final update from my trip. Yesterday was my HS day, I managed to get BG 34, which was pretty surprising since I've been failing at my practice attempts! I decided to walk over from the YC since boats weren't running yet. Left YC at 7:25 and got to HS at 7:40. Not a bad walk, although the weather was really nice this week so it was actually pretty cool in the morning.

They held us back behind the skyliner until just before 7:50 when they walked us slooowly to line up for temp screening. It was kind of a mess trying to get into lines there, they didn't do a great job clarifying the lines at first so people who had been at the back of the line ended up in the front. People started offloading from the skyliner about 5 minutes after the walkers got into the temp screening line.

The park opened at 8:17 and it seemed like half the crowd headed towards MMRR and the other half to SDD. I headed to SDD. It wasn't open when I got there, but did a few minutes later at 8:36. Was on the second train of the day. I asked the CM for the back row and he happily obliged.

Next I headed to MF:SM and there was no one there. I actually thought it was closed at first, but it was just shockingly empty. Walked right on and had the ride to myself. It was awesome, but my co-pilot sucked. :rotfl2:

Rode TSMM next with maybe a 10 minute wait, would have been shorter but lots of people were holding up the line so they could get pictures with Mr. Potato Head.

After TSMM I decided to go check out the line for MMRR. It looked bad, and was posted as 45min, but it constantly moved and the total wait only ended up being about 25 minutes. I did ask a CM in line there what the rules were about eating and drinking in lines that are outside, and he said that as long as I was stationary it was no problem, but as soon as the line started moving again my mask had to be back on. Actually saw him call out a few guests for trying to walk and eat in line.

Stopped for a Mickey bar after MMRR, and while eating my BG was called! Great ride, and glad they were doing the whole thing, I heard some people complaining that earlier in the week they weren't doing the preshow.

I was going to head out at that point, but as I was walking by Baseline I saw there were only 3 groups waiting to order and there was no one sitting in the seating area, so decided to stop. Probably a mistake because even with only 3 groups in front of me it still was a 25 minute wait, and by then all the tables had been taken, a bunch from people coming just to sit and rest, not eat or drink anything. That was a bit annoying. They really shouldn't let people sit there if they aren't ordering from Baseline.

It was a great morning in the park, and it was the best distancing in line that I saw all trip. Granted one line there was no one else there, but for the rest of the rides everyone I could see was distancing.

Took a midday break before heading back for my Oga's reservation. It was SO nice being in there not squished in with people.

Decided to take the skyliner back once I wrapped up at Oga's. As it was coming into Epcot I saw that Epcot looked empty, so changed my plans to head in there instead. It was so much calmer in Epcot yesterday afternoon than it had been the previous three days. It was a really nice evening in the park, got to try a lot (too much) of the F&G food.

Overall it was a really great trip, I'm really glad I went. I was really worried about how the mask would be in the heat , but it wasn't bad at all. Granted, the first 15 minutes of wearing I had serious doubts I would be able to do the whole trip in it, but I did get used to it after a bit and it was fine after that.

As I mentioned before, getting to parks early is key for low waits. It was definitely a lot more running around and a lot less relaxed without FP+ than I'm used to. To avoid long waits there was a lot of rushing between rides in the first few hours of park opening, whereas when we had FP+ we could knock out all the non-headliners we wanted to do in the morning with little to no wait and have time for pictures before our hair became a frizzy mess (priorities right?). Still not awful, just different from how I'm used to touring.

I unfortunately didn't have good luck with waits in the evening before the parks closed. I was hoping the wait times were inflated during the last 30-45 minutes of the park being open, but the ones I attempted ended up being pretty much the posted wait. So mornings definitely worked out better for me.

Ok, this is turning out longer than expected so I'll stop now. If anyone has any questions let me know!

MK Wednesday 4:28: we arrived at the bus stop at 6:20. The bus arrived at 6:50am. At 7am we pulled up to MK and the line for parking had not been released from the toll booth yet. We made it through security, ticketing and bathroom break to 7dmt at 7:20. The ride was still testing until 7:40 but we we’re committed. Once the line started moving we were on within 5min. Then we headed to Peter Pan which we walked on. Splash mountain was running and we were probably in line there just after 8. It posted 40min but it was more like 20. Then we did Pirates, 10 min wait, mostly walking. We went to thunder mountain which posted 30 min. It was definitely a walk on. Then we did haunted Mansion, walk on. Aladdin was 15 min posted and was about 10-15min. Back to Thunder Mountain and again it was a walk on. Earlier it was very calm and parts of the park were empty. Now it’s 11am and it is very obviously becoming more crowded and hot. We used the restrooms and waited for our 11:30 mobile order window which actually opens at 11:25. We got a table outside and decided to head back to the hotel. The park was more crowded than we liked (covid or no covid). We always do afternoon pool breaks so this wasn’t unusual for us. Our bus was waiting for us at the transportation area and we were back to our hotel by 12:30.

Swam for a bit and headed back to the park at 5. We did space mountain which said 40 min but it was more like 25. 7dmt had been down but just opened as we walked by so we walked on that. Walked on Barnstormer twice. Then we grabbed dinner at Pecos. We went to Thunder Mountain Railroad and did that twice, both walk on. My daughter loved Splash and begged to do it. We got in line at 8pm. It said 50 min but I was hoping it would be less. Nope, definitely 50min.

Thursday 4/29
We walked to Hollywood and arrived at 8am. Nobody was in the park yet, we were put in a queue with probably the first 500 guests to the left. Then busses arrived and they opened up more health checks to the right. Well everyone that had walked or skylines and queued up had a longer line to wait in than the busses which had a whole entrance opened so they walked right in. I definitely recommend hanging back if you arrive before buses and not queuing up to the side if you want to get in ASAP.
We had gotten Boarding group 10 for ROR. We went right to slinky dog and rode it twice with walk ons both times. Then the line formed and we went to Runaway Railroad. We waiting about 15 min before my husband realized our boarding group only had 20 min before it ended. I thought for some reason it would send my phone a notification when it began, but maybe I missed it. Thank God he happened to see it when playing in the app or I would have missed it. I had no experience with virtual queues so I didn’t know what to expect. Learn from my mistake!

So we left the Railroad line to go to ROR. amazing! So much better than I expected. We went to Millennium Falcon and it was 50 min wait at about 9:45. We waited 35min. It was underwhelming but my daughter thought it was super cool and like a video game. My son got Green Milk, ehh. It was a fun experience for him. Then he built one of the kid lightsabers at Star Tours. Thank God they kept that option. The worker at Disney Springs Star Trading Post said it isn’t available anymore but it definitely is. My daughter wanted her own too. Lunch at backlot. Ferried back at 12:30 to swim.

After a break we ferried back to HS at 4:45. The ferry is great! Line is never long and it comes very regularly and we haven’t had any long lines. Hollywood studios really emptied out in the evening and I’m not sure why. Slinky dog was down from late morning through the rest of the day. We did Runaway railway finally and it is so cute but it’s so hot to stand in that line outside. It’s definitely the worst line so far in regards to the sun beating down on you with minimal shade. It had an accurate 25 min wait. We walked on to Midway mania. Then walked on 2x to Alien SS. We had an accurate 20 min wait for Star Tours. The kids were tired and we went back to the hotel for dinner at 7. If not for the kids I would have stayed bc there were a lot of short lines. We also saw the Pixar cavalcade a few times and Donald watered the kids with his watering can.

MK didn’t really seem to empty out as much as I expected in the evening. Hollywood seemed much emptier after 5. Masks at MK seemed more optional to many people by evening. I was shocked at the amount of people just walking around completely massless. Early morning at MK and all day at Hollywood studios were fine with mask compliance. I’m not a big mask enforcer outside especially in wide open spaces but I’m sure CMs are super annoyed with asking people to pull their mask up and then being blatantly disregarded. I feel bad for the CMs and can see why they just don’t say anything sometimes. I’m not sure what it is, but a lot of guests were just rude at MK. I had not experienced that before on my trips as much as I did this time. I didn’t notice it at HS so I’m curious about our next MK day and AK days coming up.

Oh! An interesting piece of info I learned. On the line to Runaway Railway before you board there’s a room with rails that ramps down. The CM said they put this sharp detail onto the bottom rail to deter kids from playing on them. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. I attached a photo of it.

Attachments

• E125B8E3-D723-4DAE-8876-A6896FD3CF54.jpeg
    E125B8E3-D723-4DAE-8876-A6896FD3CF54.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter