Do they have a well marked and lighted path to DS now? When we stayed at OKW a few years ago, the path wasn't well marked.

We received two surveys from our April trip. The first survey asked questions about the resort we stayed at. The second survey was interested in transportation - how we got to parks and other places. They asked other questions as well, but those topics seemed to have the most questions.

I love surveys and wish my two had come AFTER my trip. :)

The path from OKW starts on the golf cart path by the South Point quiet pool. It's a paved path that leads to SSR with no lights because it is only supposed to be traveled on during light hours. They have closed one path near SSR because they want you to go all the way to the second path from SSR to DS so that you can funnel into the same security/temp check entrance near Earl of Sandwich.

Just ordered my two umbrellas! I got true sun blocking ones. Definitely plan to use these to block sun AND people! Do a lot of others use them or will my daughter and I be the only ones with ‘parasols’?
I've used umbrellas for portable shade for many years and yep, I'm usually the only one doing it in the parks. But I can't tell you how many times strangers have seen me and commented, "What a great idea!", so I think most folks just never think of it, rather than it being something seen as "weird."

I've used umbrellas for portable shade for many years and yep, I'm usually the only one doing it in the parks. But I can't tell you how many times strangers have seen me and commented, "What a great idea!", so I think most folks just never think of it, rather than it being something seen as "weird."

Same. I saw many longing faces while we were in line places as people were fanning themselves and we had some nice shade under our small umbrellas. We also prefer umbrellas to ponchos when it does rain. I don’t like the clingy steamy feeling of a poncho.

Dan

Same. I saw many longing faces while we were in line places as people were fanning themselves and we had some nice shade under our small umbrellas. We also prefer umbrellas to ponchos when it does rain. I don’t like the clingy steamy feeling of a poncho.

Dan
Agreed! I got a lot of jealous looks while waiting in the Aug. sun several hours for MF:SR on GE's opening day, lol!

Does anyone know what time the parking lot actually opens? I have a friend going later this week and is hearing conflicting information (1 hr vs 2 hrs)

Does anyone know what time the parking lot actually opens? I have a friend going later this week and is hearing conflicting information (1 hr vs 2 hrs)
You can typically line up approximately 1 hour before official park opening. Toll booths will open about 45 minutes before opo. Temp check, security and ticket scans begin at the same time the parking lot opens.

When we were on the bus to MK at exactly 7am they had green cones in front of the parking toll booths with cars still not allowed in. We were actually in line at 7:20 for 7DMT and you could tell the parking people had arrived inside the park bc there was suddenly a huge wave of people.

Just got home today after a 7 day trip staying at Kadini. I felt the crowds were more then I expected but there was a cheer competition and the weekend was Dapper Days at MK on Saturday and at EP on Sunday. First time I had seen that and the costumes were amazing.

Buses were mostly good. Thursday we waited well over an hour for MK bus. Sunday we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's and after waiting for 2 buses that filled up quickly, we had to take a taxi. Otherwise we never shared a bus and didn't wait long.

Posted times for rides were almost every time overstated. Safari on Saturday was listed as 55 min and we were on an off in 40. Pirates on Tuesday started at 30, went up to 55 while we were in line but we ended up waiting about 20.

I was able to get boarding passes for ROR on Friday (48) and Monday (62). Monday it was down for at least an hour. Friday we were evacuated from MMRR at the last room but got a return pass.

Can anyone share how the rental cars at MCO have been? I read some people had to wait for cars to be returned since there is a rental car shortage. We arrive next Wednesday and have a rental car at MCO through Alamo

No sure about Alamo. I have rented cars through National my last 3 trips since July without any issues. We use "Emerald Aisle" and just walk to a car and go. Hopefully, it stays the same since I have a rental coming up in July :)

Can anyone share how the rental cars at MCO have been? I read some people had to wait for cars to be returned since there is a rental car shortage. We arrive next Wednesday and have a rental car at MCO through Alamo
Alamo should have a 'skip the counter' option. They did the last time we used them!

I talked to a coworker today who is a huge Disney fan. She said her trip two weeks ago wasn't great. She really missed the fireworks, parades and the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion. She also mentioned there were only 3-4 food choices at the quick service restaurants. Can anyone comment on that? Why so few?

She also mentioned there were only 3-4 food choices at the quick service restaurants. Can anyone comment on that? Why so few?

All the menu's are online if you want to check out a few. Some are smaller than normal.

Almost every restaurant near me tightened up their menu since reopening last spring so I expect it when dining out. Reduced staff, reduced tables to serve, providing ample space in the kitchen so staff are not working close together, etc are probably the biggest reasons why menus are smaller.

It is a bummer but is (likely) temporary.

We got in very late, 12:30am, a couple weeks ago. We use the Emerald Aisle at National. There were no vehicles left in the Emerald Aisle. The premium aisle had only large mini vans and trucks. We ended up with a Ford F-150. They did not charge us for the upgrade. I am used to driving full sized trucks, but it was a surprise for sure. All the rental car companies seemed very low in inventory. I noticed people were scrambling to grab vehicles.

I talked to a coworker today who is a huge Disney fan. She said her trip two weeks ago wasn't great. She really missed the fireworks, parades and the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion. She also mentioned there were only 3-4 food choices at the quick service restaurants. Can anyone comment on that? Why so few?
We ate at quite a few QS over Easter and didn’t find any that had only 3-4 options.

There are plenty of QS. Menus have been tweaked since reopening. If you don’t have any food allergies or intolerances, there are more choices available.

If you go to mde as if you are making a mobile order, you can see the qs menus.

It's definitely limited and we found ourselves getting pretty sick of the lack of options st cs places really quickly over our 6 day stay last month. It's not horrible, but it does get annoying...at least for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter