Here now- Avatar

We waited in line two and a half hours on the 11th, starting at 9 a.m. We saw wait times over 3 hours while we were there. But we got to ride it 3 times thanks to FP+ and an anytime fastpass! It was actually worth the wait, but did put us in a grumpy, lethargic, miserable mood the whole time, and we swore it wasn't worth it.....till we rode it! Was worth it!! If we had the time we would have done the wait again and gotten in a 4th ride on it! We were kind of more exhausted the rest of the day , starting the day with two and a half hours of miserableness. I'd recommend doing the wait at night if you can.

I rode both with fp and also standby this summer (week leading up to the 4th of July) and waited 2 and a half hours one time and the line did not extend past the entrance. Not even close. I can’t imagine why they would ever allow it to get to FOtLK. It has a massive capacity.

Sitting outside Avatar right now at 6 pm on a Saturday night and the wait said 390 minutes but now 265. I am hoping the are just overestimating to discourage people from getting on before closing. We got fast passes in the park this afternoon.

We rode FOP today with a fastpass when the standby wait was 4 hours long. It was a bit surreal walking straight through that massive line right to the front of the ride.

One positive thing was that even though it was a crazy crowd day, the rest of Animal Kingdom wasn’t too bad since so many people were in line at FOP!

I feel bad for people who want to see Lion King but get in this line instead!
That's how I got my first ride on Haunted Mansion! On my only childhood trip, we got in line (on or near Fourth of July) for what we thought was the Riverboat. When we got close enough to see it was HM instead, I did NOT want to ride! But my mom said "we've waited this long, we're riding it!"

They should probably have screens showing the Avatar movie. You could watch the whole thing while you wait! :tongue:

I love that ride , but I would not wait in lines like that. Insanity!

I didn't know they don't open up the whole queue in the morning. Explains what we saw Saturday. Got there at 8:30, when EMH started at 8. The line actually started in front of Tiffin's, turned right all the way to FOTLK, then looped back into Pandora. I had never seen a line that had those 'breaks' like another poster mentioned above. Really like traffic cops where they would release some folks to move across the main walkways to another part of the line. I had a FP for later that morning, so we were heading to NRJ, but we got to see all the insanity of the early morning FOP line.

When we exited FOTLK and went to the bathrooms there, the FOP was forming a “U” just outside the bathrooms. They were letting people out for potty breaks. But I’m not sure how they stopped people from just walking up as if they went to the bathroom and cutting half the line?

There is no ride on earth I would wait in that line for.

When we exited FOTLK and went to the bathrooms there, the FOP was forming a “U” just outside the bathrooms. They were letting people out for potty breaks. But I’m not sure how they stopped people from just walking up as if they went to the bathroom and cutting half the line?

There is no ride on earth I would wait in that line for.
If that happened to me I would say something to the people jumping in line. I'm not one to stand by and let people cut when others have been waiting for hours. I'm very vocal about my thoughts because some people aren't.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am here now and got in line for FOP 3 minutes before park close on Saturday night. It took us almost exactly an hour. Being in that queue at night also gives you the absolute best view of the nighttime lights.

I am pretty sure all parts of the queue were working and we saw everything.

The posted wait time was double what we waited and the end of the line was almost at the entry point when we entered. Don't let that deter you. I think that has got to be the best way to ride without a FP, forget rope drop unless you are one of the first there.

Once the FP cleared out we moved continuously.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am here now and got in line for FOP 3 minutes before park close on Saturday night. It took us almost exactly an hour. Being in that queue at night also gives you the absolute best view of the nighttime lights.

I am pretty sure all parts of the queue were working and we saw everything.

The posted wait time was double what we waited and the end of the line was almost at the entry point when we entered. Don't let that deter you. I think that has got to be the best way to ride without a FP, forget rope drop unless you are one of the first there.

Once the FP cleared out we moved continuously.
Awesome thanks for the report!

The early morning line this morning was all the way to Africa. It was 4.5 hours at one point.

The ride is fine but in no way worth such a ridiculous wait. Whoever said get in line before park close is right. That’s the way to do it. Rope drop is not worth it. Sleep in.

The early morning line this morning was all the way to Africa. It was 4.5 hours at one point.

The ride is fine but in no way worth such a ridiculous wait. Whoever said get in line before park close is right. That’s the way to do it. Rope drop is not worth it. Sleep in.

Rope drop seems to be the busiest time of the day for this attraction. I checked times on Touring Pans recently and the actual wait was 240 minutes within 10 minutes of opening and 30 minutes just before park closing.

I think the most efficient use of our time is to hop in line about 45 minutes before close with the hope of riding twice.

I think it can be done. I know it can't be done in the morning.

I’ll just add a small warning based on personal experience. If you wait to ride until nearing park close and it’s your only chance to ride for your trip, if the ride goes down, they may not try to reopen it if it’s within 30 minutes of park close. They would usually give you a FP for another day, but if it’s your last AK day, again,you’re out of luck. Just something to consider.

I’ll just add a small warning based on personal experience. If you wait to ride until nearing park close and it’s your only chance to ride for your trip, if the ride goes down, they may not try to reopen it if it’s within 30 minutes of park close. They would usually give you a FP for another day, but if it’s your last AK day, again,you’re out of luck. Just something to consider.

There are four ride rooms. Unlikely all would be down at the same time.

An added bonus is that Pandora is quite beautiful at night. It would be a pleasant way to spend the time waiting in line just to look at it.

There are four ride rooms. Unlikely all would be down at the same time.

Agreed. But if something technical happened that affected all rooms, I guess it could happen. Luckily it looks like the ride has not had too much down time. I just warn because this happened to my DD on Test Track one trip, and it took two years for us to get back so she could ride it!

This seems pretty unlikely to happen. I guess the same thing could happen in the morning and the ride not be able to open. I sure wouldn't be happy if I waited outside the locked gate for two hours just to find out that the ride is closed. At least at night the time lost would be much less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter