Here now- Avatar

Based on when I was there last time that's about average! When I went to Navi the line went to Lion King and then doubled back down the bridge all the way back to Pandora.

For those that have been to Pandora and Harry Potter more than once or twice which one seems to be consistently more crowded?

For those that have been to Pandora and Harry Potter more than once or twice which one seems to be consistently more crowded?
It's really hard to compare, they are so different in their designs and handle crowds very differently. And they take a very different amount of time to experience.
Right now, most every visitor to Disney has never seen Pandora, since it only opened in May. So just about everyone visiting Disney will go to see it for some period of time.
While many guests visiting Universal have been to and seen the 2 HP lands it doesn't mean they won't return again. I'm thinking most who go will still go back to HP but they may not spend as much time in the lands.

Tricky question because the Harry Potter area extends to two separate parks. Harry Potter also has more rides and things to do. So Pandora will have the longer waits but the Harry Potter sections will have a lot more people since it's bigger.

Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are nothing short of amazing

Sometimes it would be nice to have real time google maps. That looks like a significant distance on the map. Current wait time is only 150 mins.

Looking at the app, it indicates wait is 125 minutes for flight of passage, which is pretty short(relative) for that ride. Expedition everest is 35 minutes.
I think you picked a pretty good time to be honest.

I haven't been to Pandora yet (going in February), but we did RD for Harry Potter and it wasn't bad at all. We were the first ones in line for the Gringotts Bank ride. Universal is a little more lax with letting people run in the morning so we were able to pass tons of people (it was just DH and I). I will say that we were at Islands of Adventure on a Saturday and couldn't wait to get out of the Harry Potter area. It is a very narrow walkway with too many people allowed in. It felt very claustrophobic.

I have no idea where the end of the line was at Thanksgiving, but the FOP wait was an estimated 300 minutes. With a line like that, I didn't need to find the end! LOL.

I have no idea where the end of the line was at Thanksgiving, but the FOP wait was an estimated 300 minutes. With a line like that, I didn't need to find the end! LOL.

You'll find the end eventually just by wandering about!! LOL

When we walked from FOP back to the safari on Saturday the 11 of November we were flanked on each side by the line for FOP. It went clear down to FOLK and then circled back through pandora almost to the bridge to enter/exit the land.

Mind. Blown.

Apparently one way to pass the time in line is to watch the entire Avatar movie. Although by the look of this particular line the movie would end and you’d still have some time left to kill.

I'm confused by the line ever extending back toward Lion King. When this happens do they not have the entire queue opened up? It's the longest queue at Disney and isn't it still rumored to hold a 6 or 7 hour line, which FoP hasn't been.

So if that's the case I don't understand why they don't open up all the twists and turns of the entire line instead of stretching it out of Pandora

I'm confused by the line ever extending back toward Lion King. When this happens do they not have the entire queue opened up? It's the longest queue at Disney and isn't it still rumored to hold a 6 or 7 hour line, which FoP hasn't been.

So if that's the case I don't understand why they don't open up all the twists and turns of the entire line instead of stretching it out of Pandora

I can’t speak to the standby line inside the building as we only rode FP but what I can add is that there were CMs directing the line traffic like city traffic cops. They would have to keep stopping regular park goers in order to let 30-50 people move ahead in the line in about 3 different places within Pandora. It was most chaotic and I certainly hope the entire queue was open within the building, but I stopped trying to figure out behind the scenes Disney logistics a while ago.

Going to guess you mean Flight of Passage, since that's the ride near LK.
At 10:30, the line to LK is normal.
Yes, Flight of Passage! I think the wait was 3 hrs? Crazy. We had FPs. We usually weren’t around that area at 10:30. Prev days we rope dropped FOP for 20-30 min wait, then FP+. But it was our last day and being a tad lazy lol.

I can’t speak to the standby line inside the building as we only rode FP but what I can add is that there were CMs directing the line traffic like city traffic cops. They would have to keep stopping regular park goers in order to let 30-50 people move ahead in the line in about 3 different places within Pandora. It was most chaotic and I certainly hope the entire queue was open within the building, but I stopped trying to figure out behind the scenes Disney logistics a while ago.
Yes, that’s what we saw too. Lots of CMs holding signs directing. And traffic stops, lol. With those crowds you’d think all queues would be open.

I haven't been to Pandora yet (going in February), but we did RD for Harry Potter and it wasn't bad at all. We were the first ones in line for the Gringotts Bank ride. Universal is a little more lax with letting people run in the morning so we were able to pass tons of people (it was just DH and I). I will say that we were at Islands of Adventure on a Saturday and couldn't wait to get out of the Harry Potter area. It is a very narrow walkway with too many people allowed in. It felt very claustrophobic.
Pandora is much newer than Diagon Alley. We were at Universal the first year Gringotts opened. It was near to impossible to ride it. And constantly broke down. One early morning it wasn’t running, but was the next early morning so finally got to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter