Here is how you can best voice your displeasure (or approval) regarding the Genie/Genie+ Service

Ok here's mine.......

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

I'm sorry that you're concerned about the announcement of our Disney Genie+ service. As you've frequently visited our Resort, I can understand that you've come to understand the benefits of our Disney FastPass+ service and the ability to plan for your trip. Your frustration is understandable and I sincerely apologize for your disappointment.

I hope it's some comfort to know that our Disney Genie+ service was designed to provide Guests with an improved experience and there are many details that have yet to be shared. That being said, I want you to know that we absolutely rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when the changes we make should remain ad when we should implement something different. You can rest assured that I've shared your comments with the appropriate Leadership within our Resort so that your feedback can be considered with future decisions.

Linda, thank you again for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Emily Bristow
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

Ok here's mine.......

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

I'm sorry that you're concerned about the announcement of our Disney Genie+ service. As you've frequently visited our Resort, I can understand that you've come to understand the benefits of our Disney FastPass+ service and the ability to plan for your trip. Your frustration is understandable and I sincerely apologize for your disappointment.

I hope it's some comfort to know that our Disney Genie+ service was designed to provide Guests with an improved experience and there are many details that have yet to be shared. That being said, I want you to know that we absolutely rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when the changes we make should remain ad when we should implement something different. You can rest assured that I've shared your comments with the appropriate Leadership within our Resort so that your feedback can be considered with future decisions.

Linda, thank you again for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Emily Bristow
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

hope it's some comfort to know that our Disney Genie+ service was designed to provide Guests with an improved experience and there are many details that have yet to be shared

The one and only thing they want to help you with is helping you to loose your money.
they don't care about you, your family your vacation or having a good time. they only care for the money that they can sap out of you.
and if you go, then you been took. said the spider to the fly where there is a way in, but no way out. captive attendance.

“Details yet to be shared”. Translation? “We’re starting to realize people may be upset and we’re going to offer a genie ++ where for a one time fee of $500 we will only charge you $10 a day for genie +”

All of those replies from Disney read like standard/boilerplate replies to customer complaints. I would imagine most large companies who have complaint departments have such letters on file when complaints are submitted. The typically say...............thank you for writing........we have noted your concerns.........we think these changes will improve the customer experience.....................are the statements you typically find in any of those letters.

Probably your letter/email then goes in the trash.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they want to drive just enough people away where the parks aren't so crowded with people that guests can have a decent experience AND the company experiences larger profits. But unfortunately, that might mean pricing people out so they can make more money with fewer people.

Then they are targeting the wrong people The ones who enjoyed the pre planning FP+ were mostly from out of town/state going to the parks for more than a day. These are the same ones who eat 2x + per day/shop/book hotel rooms etc... MANY of the daily crowd are AP holders and CMs (free tickets for them and there is roughly 70,000 of them) They are the ones that would benefit from this new APP/G+ same day, with a moments notice, decide to go for the day. Seems like they are accommodating these day trippers and want more crowds.

On the fairness point, maybe emphasize that only a tiny fraction of children ever get to set foot in Disney world?

or “yup. Stay in school, kids!”

Disney gives me FOMO real bad so I have to give myself the same talks :)

All of those replies from Disney read like standard/boilerplate replies to customer complaints. I would imagine most large companies who have complaint departments have such letters on file when complaints are submitted. The typically say...............thank you for writing........we have noted your concerns.........we think these changes will improve the customer experience.....................are the statements you typically find in any of those letters.

Probably your letter/email then goes in the trash.

I would doubt they go in the trash. Every company will have a complaint procedure they will follow. At the very least they will be keeping a tally of complaints. However i wouldt be surprised that the people dealing with them will be given a standard response letter in order to save time on the amount they are getting. Continuing customer complaints about the same issue will filter back up.

Now if they choose to act on said complaints is different matter.

The lady that rang could offer nothing just noted my issues urged me not to cancel ( a standard response). The fact they wont have the guts to release the "posh ride" prices shows they are rattled by the responses they are getting. Disney hates any kind of bad press be from actors to theme parks. Currently they are being dragged over the coals on every media platform and getting direct complaints.

Last edited:

Likely you can interpret Disney's recent actions in many different ways. The haphazard rollout of Genie looks more to me like they haven't thought it through, rushed to get parts of it announced and are making it up as they go. Those hastily created ride signs that look like someone ran down to the local Kinko's to get them printed seems to support that view.

Last edited:
They might not discard it if they think they could make more money off of it. Just sad....Stock is at an all time high and it's still not enough for the corporate greed.

Well, I'm not saying the Disney doesn't use every opportunity to raise prices...because they do. But Disney reported a loss of 2.7 Billion in 2020...the first year they've lost money in 40 years. They reported net profit of 12 Billion in 2019, so that's a huge swing to the downside. They're now using this crisis as a way to reboot the way they operate in the park and recoup some of those losses. And they're not firing on all cylinders yet in parks and certainly not for DCL. They've seen a drop in attendance and cancellations rising for the fall of 2021, thanks to the Delta variant. They delayed the opening of the All Star resort by several months. On and on. They're looking for ways to get more money out of the people who do travel there....now more than ever. I wouldn't expect that to change, certainly not for the next several years.

I haven’t read through this entire thread to see if this was anyone’s personal experience, however, I did want to say that today (a Sunday morning) I got a personal call in response to my email to guest services in which I had complained about the directions the parks were heading in. I had sent the email last week sometime and was having a technical glitch and it kept bouncing back. It successfully went through on Friday. My thoughts were a bit impassioned (though respectful), which is what maybe got the attention.

Although the woman I spoke to couldn’t promise me any immediate fix to my concerns/complaints (I didn’t have a personal specific issue that could be fixed, but rather expressed my feelings about Disney seemingly focusing on profit over the guest experience), she was very passionate about the fact that my thoughts do go to management and are taken seriously. She basically said they’re hearing feedback similar to mine (no surprise) and that management was listening to the suggestions and will working on getting back to the Disney we knew and loved. I’m paraphrasing the conversation and didn’t really push her for details because I could tell the woman herself was a passionate Disney fan and was frustrated herself. I also knew she personally probably didn’t have much influence except for communicating up.

Of course I don’t think my letter alone can make an impact, but I thought it was interesting I was put on a call list. I definitely got a sense that their guest relations department may be handling an unprecedented level of communication.

I know some people feel that written feedback doesn’t matter, but I do think that Disney aggregates all the key words in the communication and red flags the ones that seeing significant increases period to period and escalates them up. I still think it’s worth 10 minutes of your time to put your thoughts in writing because the more people that do this, the more data there is to highlight major problems.

I haven’t read through this entire thread to see if this was anyone’s personal experience, however, I did want to say that today (a Sunday morning) I got a personal call in response to my email to guest services in which I had complained about the directions the parks were heading in. I had sent the email last week sometime and was having a technical glitch and it kept bouncing back. It successfully went through on Friday. My thoughts were a bit impassioned (though respectful), which is what maybe got the attention.

Although the woman I spoke to couldn’t promise me any immediate fix to my concerns/complaints (I didn’t have a personal specific issue that could be fixed, but rather expressed my feelings about Disney seemingly focusing on profit over the guest experience), she was very passionate about the fact that my thoughts do go to management and are taken seriously. She basically said they’re hearing feedback similar to mine (no surprise) and that management was listening to the suggestions and will working on getting back to the Disney we knew and loved. I’m paraphrasing the conversation and didn’t really push her for details because I could tell the woman herself was a passionate Disney fan and was frustrated herself. I also knew she personally probably didn’t have much influence except for communicating up.

Of course I don’t think my letter alone can make an impact, but I thought it was interesting I was put on a call list. I definitely got a sense that their guest relations department may be handling an unprecedented level of communication.

I know some people feel that written feedback doesn’t matter, but I do think that Disney aggregates all the key words in the communication and red flags the ones that seeing significant increases period to period and escalates them up. I still think it’s worth 10 minutes of your time to put your thoughts in writing because the more people that do this, the more data there is to highlight major problems.

Very similar to my call from Disney. Lip service maybe. Time will tell if they are listening. I did mention reading the feedback here and on the dibb boards as well as the YouTube video comments.

Disney Genie video 1: 11000 thumbs down, 895 thumbs up : a 93% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 2: 18000 thumbs down, 1500 thumbs up : a 92% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 3: 7400 thumbs down, 776 thumbs up : a 91% disapproval rate

as of 8/27/21 12:01pm EST

That's 36400 thumbs down, 3171 thumbs up : a 92% overall disapproval rate :sad2:

This is the worst up/down % Disney has ever had on an official announcement, by far. I really hope they are paying attention and will rethink the details before implementation. I like the Genie part for first timers. From there its all downhill, especially for those who like/need to have a plan in advance. Then LL$ is just a horrible idea and where I think a majority of the dislike resides.

D

Unfortunately, it will continue as long as people keep paying for it. As for this long time Disney Fan and DVC member I am out for now! Not feeling the magic with this one! 😕 It is complicated, confusing, time consuming and stressful! I don’t fly 3,000 miles multiple times on vacation to deal with that and constantly have to be on my phone! That is not vacation to me! I realize things change and they have over the years…some for the better and some not. I always thought that booking everything 6 months or whatever was a little ridiculous but I did like booking a few fast passes in a day so at least I had a few guaranteed rides and the rest of the day was spontaneous. I really don’t like the direction Disney is going. This just seems a bit of a gross money grab with extra fees for everything and the hassle accompanied with them! JMO Of course, Disney has my many thousands of dollars already invested So I guess they are moving on to the next group they can suck $$ from in the shortest amount of time possible?🤷🏻‍♀️ I will bank my points for now and see where things end up. I might end up selling my points?🤷🏻‍♀️

Not going as a protest to this change will mean absolutely nothing to Disney. They will have guests pouring in regardless. However, telling them, in writing, gives them hard proof that what they are doing is not popular and may cause loss of revenue. That is what Chapek will feel. More importantly, his employment board. The Genie+ program, as I see it, will only create two stand-by lines. Those who paid to stand in in line, and those who didn't.
I agree. They really only care that the parks are full and their stocks are high. They are also dealing with the Pandemic and how long the parks were closed, so we knew prices going up would be coming. The only way that things will change is if people speak with their pocket books and stop going. But, the parks seem to be busy all the time now.

That being said, I do like the idea of something like Genie+ helping your routes and with planning. But, waking up at 7 am and sitting on a phone that early? Not so much. I also shudder to think of someone like my mother trying to figure out a system like that on her phone. Time will tell if they work out the kinks.

I guess I have no problem with them charging for it, as that will hopefully bring the numbers down of use, which should not slow standby down as much.

Lol. People have said similar things for all the ticket price increases over the last decade, and attendence has only gotten bigger. They know that they have most families over a barrel and are just bleeding us for more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter