Here is a random question...

Sabeking

DIS Veteran
Yesterday I went to my neighbor's house to bring her dinner. She is an 89 year old widow. She loves to chat and was telling me she got a letter for jury duty. She was so cute and told me they would probably send her home because whatever the case was she would tell them to "fry" every last one of them!!! Lol!:rotfl2:
Anyway to make a short story long, she became choked up at the end of the visit because I was wearing my apron when I brought the food over. She began to recall all the cooking she did and how special her aprons were to her. Sadly she doesn't cook anymore; she is almost completely blind. All this to ask...do you wear an apron when you cook? I do when it is messy ( BBQ) or holidays? Is wearing an apron still done these days?

I don't, but I keep saying I need to get one! I am a mess when I cook, and usually have to change my shirt after because it gets so dirty. I have yet to buy one, but I keep thinking I need one. I don't even know where to look for one in the store LOL!

How nice to bring dinner to your friend. I'm sure it means a lot to her.

I don't, but I keep saying I need to get one! I am a mess when I cook, and usually have to change my shirt after because it gets so dirty. I have yet to buy one, but I keep thinking I need one. I don't even know where to look for one in the store LOL!

How nice to bring dinner to your friend. I'm sure it means a lot to her.

Any Target, Walmart has them. I love to buy them in specialty stores though with witty sayings on them.
Our neighbor's have taken turns for five years to make her at least three hot meals a week. We feel lucky to have her! She is the resident grandma and such a character!!

Any Target, Walmart has them. I love to buy them in specialty stores though with witty sayings on them.
Our neighbor's have taken turns for five years to make her at least three hot meals a week. We feel lucky to have her! She is the resident grandma and such a character!!
:grouphug:Sounds like you're all mutually blessed by the relationship. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

But what section are they in? It wouldn't be women's clothes. Maybe with the housewares section where they sell kitchen appliances like toasters and dishes?

It's very sweet how you all look after this woman.

I do not wear an apron but I probably should. Some days I need to change after cooking since cook a big batch of something every other week or so.

Sure do. I always wear an apron while cooking.

man-cooking-apron-379.jpg

I always wear an apron while cooking. I prefer the full bib aprons that cover your entire skirt; I've ordered a few from websites but just got some new ones while visiting Amish country last winter. I tend to wear them out in about 4-5 years because I wear them so much!

I have my great-grandmother's aprons - I used to wear them sometimes but decided that they're too valuable to risk wearing them out. I'll pass them to my daughter as an heirloom.

Never wear an apron, but I should when making spaghetti and meatballs. Everytime I get splattered with sauce. I have aprons too, so the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that I'm too lazy to put the darn thing on. :confused3

And your neighbor sounds adorable! :goodvibes I'm still chuckling to her jury duty response.

I do sometimes. If I'm baking or making something for a party I normally wear one. I don't always when I'm making a weeknight dinner, unless it's particularly messy. I should always wear one though. I am notorious for getting stuff on my clothes.

My mom gave me a cute apron for Christmas a few years ago. I really like it because it's lightweight.

No, I don't have any. I have 1 or 2 kids ones from when dd was little. I HATE cooking and only do the minimum to put healthy meals on the table for my family. I'd rather clean my kitchen than cook in it.

I have one somewhere, in a box, in the basement. I never use one. I did when I was younger. My mom used to wear one. She is 86.

No. My mom ALWAYS did...had a whole drawer full. I just change into an old t-shirt before I cook

Yesterday I went to my neighbor's house to bring her dinner. She is an 89 year old widow. She loves to chat and was telling me she got a letter for jury duty. She was so cute and told me they would probably send her home because whatever the case was she would tell them to "fry" every last one of them!!! Lol!:rotfl2:
Anyway to make a short story long, she became choked up at the end of the visit because I was wearing my apron when I brought the food over. She began to recall all the cooking she did and how special her aprons were to her. Sadly she doesn't cook anymore; she is almost completely blind. All this to ask...do you wear an apron when you cook? I do when it is messy ( BBQ) or holidays? Is wearing an apron still done these days?

I wear one when I am baking :-)

Sometimes, but not always when I cook. Almost always when I clean, and always while I'm sewing.

My mom got me a blue apron several years ago and I had put it in a drawer and forgot about it lol. Then I remembered it couple months ago and pulled it out. I use it when I cook or bake now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter