Help with baby name for baby girl....

:lmao: I've enjoyed all the replies, thanks! We will do some thinking today and see where we get. My husband is terrible and has a (what he thinks is funny) comment to them all. I loved Sophia until he wouldn't stop with Sophie the Trophy...and for Lucy he says Loose >:(...now I can add Amelia Bedelia and Vivian the hooker for my consideration. :lmao: Better to consider those things now than afte the birth!

I do LOVE my older daughter's name and think it fits her and is gorgeous.....and I want something I love as much for this baby, too!

I have yet to find a parent that truly HATES the name they have given their child. It does grow on you over the years. Don't stress about it that much.

I do have to say that Lucy is a very popular name for dogs around here :rolleyes1. Being in MN, home to the Peanuts, Lucy isn't that popular of a girl's name here either.

I love the names in this order:
1. Catherine
2. Amelia
3. Vivian (sounds better as an adult name rather than a child's)
4. Lucy (not a fan of this at all....reminds me of a pet or the cartoon Peanuts)

Good luck in your decision!

I like Vivian. It's classic, not overly popular or trendy, without being "out there."

Vivian Lucinda
Vivian Amelia

I don't care for Lucy. I'm not fond of nicknames as full names. If I were to use Lucy I would go with Lucinda or Lucille. I think a full name gives a child options as they grow.

Vivian could bu Vivy
Amelia (too popular for me) could be Amy or Millie
Catherine could be Kate, Katie, Cathy, Kay
All 3 give your child a choice for a more "mature" name as an adult.

It's been my experience that siblings of the same sex and with similar beginning sounds to their names, get tangled up more often.

This, this, a thousand times this! My sister & I have "same initial" names, and despite being long past childhood, and having lived in different states for a couple of decades, I still get called by her name!

I like all your choices, although I did think of "Amelia Bedelia" (don't know if those stories are still read by kids). But I have to say, I love classic names for boys and girls, and Catherine is one of those classic names that will never sound "dated."

They're all very nice. I see why you're having a hard time of it.

I'd go with Lucy, or maybe Amelia. :) Vivian is pretty, but since Angelina Jolie named her daughter this, there might be several popping up or people may think that's why you chose the name.

I love both Lucy and Amelia. Love the nickname Milly for Amelia. I don't know. Do you have a middle name picked out? Lucy Amelia is gorgeous.

I am having such a hard time deciding a name for our baby. I'm down to 3 (I think) but can't decide from there. Can you help? The 3 I've narrowed it down to are:

Vivian
Lucy
Amelia

I also like Catherine......haha.....but I'm incapable of making a decision at this time!

I love the name Catherine..it's classic and classy.

Thanks for all suggestions. Catherine is a forerunner now, with Norah as a new candidate. What do y'all think of Norah?

Too many replies for me to read so just adding my two cents. I like Amelia Claire, Amelia Grace or even Amelia Vivian. I also like Catherine Grace. :)

Congratulations and best wishes!

Thanks for all suggestions. Catherine is a forerunner now, with Norah as a new candidate. What do y'all think of Norah?

Norah is really nice. I do like Catherine. It's classic and pretty, but I like a little more unusual names. There are lots of Catherines/Katherines in the school where I worked.

I love Norah! Not a name you hear very often, but not unusual. You have picked some lovely names. :)

If you went with Norah, would Rae still be the middle name? Norah Rae. Sounds nice.

I love the name Catherine because I've seen it spelled in some really pretty ways [Kathryn, Catheryn, Cathryn,] at least on the list of possible names there isn't the name machmood (which is what my darling fiances father wanted to name him). Lilly Catherine is a pretty combo I think.

Catherine is such a beautiful name. G oes well with Victoria. I also really like Norah!

Lucy is my favorite but that is my middle dd's name. She is the sweetest child ever.

I like Catherine better than Norah. I don't feel like either is super popular at least around me. A lot of the more classic names aren't used as much anymore.

I LOVE Amelia! That name would have been a strong contender for my 3rd, but my good friend (and 3 kid's godmother) has an Emilia so that was out. However, what I think is notable, that friend's kid's name is Emilia Victoria, sooooo, clearly the names go well together! So I think it pairs well with her sister.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter