Help with baby girl names

beautybelle

DIS Veteran
I just found out Friday that Im having a baby girl. I was dead set on another boy (theres all boys in our family) so I had a name picked out for him. But after being told there is a little princess in our future I cant think of a name that sticks with me at all. Ive searched websites and books and everything. What are some names you moms have named your little princesses?

My very favorite girl names are...

Isabella
Gabriella

(they weren't Irish enough for DH - LOL)

I love Kristina

what are your boys names? my girls are named Siena Rochelle and Alexandria Elizabeth. I love Siena and it is unique. Alexandria I like also but there are a TON of Alex's out there so we call her Lexy.

momxx5 said:
My very favorite girl names are...

Isabella
Gabriella

(they weren't Irish enough for DH - LOL)

I love Kristina

If I had been married to an Irishman I would have named a girl Rhiannon. I love that name. But we aren't Irish so it didn't really fit us. And for a boy: Rhys.

I love the name Lexy....I saw a character in a movie once with that name and almost named my daughter that. But alas, I fell in love with another name too. ha ha. We named her Raven Nicole. She is the only Raven in her class or anywhere close that I know of. She is not raven haired, but a red head, but the name suits her anyways.

Another girl name I almost used was Courtney Danielle.

We have 2 DDs, and both there names are somewhat popular....if we ever were to have another girl, we're stuck. I like Athyn, Rylan (boy or girl), Krisily, and Carsyn....I seem to like names with 'Y's in them. Congratulations!

We have Nicole Lauren. We are also having another girl and we are thinking of Samantha Paige.

Congrats to you.

coliebird said:
Samantha Paige.

Congrats to you.

That is DD's name!! :)
We also have a Haley Nicole....

I loved the name Natalie - but DH said no.
I also loved Emily, Tabitha, Cameron and Whitney.

My daughter has an old fashioned name, it's Virginia but we call her Jennie for short. If my son had of been a girl he would have been Kaylie.

We have a Greek last name, so we stayed with Greek names. My DD12 is Eleni Catherine Georgette and the one who died was Stacia Mary Catherine.

Our DD's name is Haylee Helene

I wanted her name to be Rilee, but DH wouldn't go for it. I also love the name Isabella and Alexandria (lexi). Congratulations! Little princesses are so much fun! :)

Congrats!! princess:

We have one daughter named Anya Rose.

We have another daughter due next month :earseek: Her name will be Heidi Marie

check out www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com (Warning, she will make fun of about every name you come up with).

What sort of name do you like. Biblical, historical, old fashioned, unique, ethnic? Is there a special sound you are attracted to (E names - Emily, Emma, Eleanor, Elina, Elizabeth, Ella).....Do you want a long name that can be shortened, or are you a fan of short names?

I generally like traditional names, names that start with vowels, think everyone should be able to get two nicknames from their first name, think spellings should be fairly traditional (i.e. Jane and Jayne are both ok with me. But Jaine is just asking for needing to have her name spelled every time she says it for the rest of her life with "huh?" Jayne needs to have her name spelled, but its a historical alternate spelling).

Have fun choosing. My candidates were Katherine (Kitty or Kit), Collette (Lottie), Eleanor (Nell), Alexandra (Sasha), Cecilia, Elizabeth (Eliza), Jane. I have a preference for the odder nicknames. Most my husband shot down. Chosing a girls name was hard.

(As long as I'm going on - is there a family name you like, a fictional character? - I've loved Anne of Green Gables since I was a kid and tried to talk my husband into Anne Shirley - he shot it down. A historical person you are attracted to? )

My DH and I have 3 DD's and a DS! Everyone in our family has the intials AM. My oldest is named ALYSSA princess: , her sister is ARYELLE princess: , and our littlest princess is ABELLA princess: . All of the names have meaning. ABELLA means "a beauty" in Italian, which is what my DH family is!! If my son was a girl he probably would have been ANDREA(girl for ANDREW which is my husbend's name and now my son's too!) With our last girl I tried to get my husbend to go along with APRIL JUNIOR and call her AJ for short but no go :rotfl: , now that I think about it thank God he talked me out of it!!! Good luck with the search!!

DH 30 :earsboy:
DW 32 :earsgirl:
DD 8 princess: Jasmine
DD 7 princess: Ariel
DS 4 pirate: Capt Jack
DD 18 months princess: Belle

Rileigh
Kennedy
McKenna
Claire
Brooke
Savannah
Abigail
Grace

Congratulations on your princess!!!! The above are some of our favorites - we stopped after two (thanks to moving to Maryland and it being too expensive there to expand our family) so we didn't get to use any of these names!!

We have 2 dds ages 4 and 3.

Oldest is Hannah Elizabeth (4)
Youngest is Sarah Grace (3)

Sarah Margaret for us... (We're went for the royalty touch for our little princess!)

My oldest Bryana Nicole and the youngest Britney Taylor

My name (yes, I'm female): Randi

1st daughter's name: Jodi

2nd daughter's name: Riley

Niece's name: MacKenzie

Other names I liked: Taylor and Madison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter