Help me sort out all this information!

EKIMR

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Loads of info in this forum but I don't understand all the acronyms (get your tickets from AAA?)

I am travelling from UK. We are coming for the 23rd Dec to the 31st.

Firstly - does anybody have an opinion on whether the queues will be massive at this time of year.

I have only one son age 12- and he will be going alone on the rides (ie without parents). I read alot about getting tickets as 2 or 3 day passes. I am hoping 2 days shouyld suffice! , I also have the option of getting my tickets here in the UK or over in Florida. I reckon its best value to get them in Florida but what companies are 'good prices' a and also can I buy tickets for fast track through the queues in Advance through these agencies (will I need fastrack in December christmas week>) or is fast track only available in the park by getting a ticket stamped.

Is Universal the place with that 'jaws' ride where Jaws comes out of the water!

Great forum, thanks for any help - looking forward to coming over...

Yes, you will be there at a busy time.
AAA is the AAA Auto Club and Travel Agency. They offer discounts on park tickets.
YOu don't say where you're staying. If you're stay;ing at the Hard Rock Hotel or the Portofino, you don't have to worry about getting express passes. If you're not staying on site, you get the express passes by putting your park ticket in a machine and it issues you a pass to come back at a later time and go right into the express line. You will want to get to the parks as soon as they open and hit the popular rides---Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Spiderman in IOA---MIB, Hannah Barbera, Terminator in US. Get your express pass for a ride you want to do later. You can only have one express pass at a time.
Yes, Universal is the park with the Jaws ride.
Just get to the parks early. Don't know if they're open later during the holiday time, but if they are, come back in the evening and have more fun.
You also might enjoy the restaurants and entertainment at City Walk which is between the two parks.
Have a great time.

We colonials like to call queues "lines." If we called them queues then "FOTL" would be "FOTQ" and that would sound obscene. And yes they will, indeed, be massive during the Christmas week. Prepare yourself.

"AAA" stands for American Autombile Association.

Discounts on Universal tickets aren't as great as they used to be, but you can save a few dollars. Search for "discounts" on this board or wait for someone else to weigh in on this thread.

A two-day ticket should suffice, but then to quote that great British poet, Mick Jaggar, "Too much is never enough."

Finally, "Jaws" is at Universal Studios Florida and, while some on this board don't agree, I think it's one of the park's most successful rides.

Hi,

Many thanks to all who respond...

A couple of other questions:

How big is 'massive' when it comes to queue size (oops sorry Line size!<S>))

here in the UK , the popular parks are often 1 hour waiting times for the major rides...are we talking about 1 hour or more...?

Also, if we have 3 adult tickets, but only one person doing rides. can we have 3 fast track tickets going at the same time - so I can book my lad on 3 different rides pre-advance?

Originally posted by EKIMR
How big is 'massive' when it comes to queue size (oops sorry Line size!<S>)

Waits of an hour or longer are not uncommon at busy times. get to the parks early and use Universal Express.

your three pass exchange for 3 express is a good idea. Best advice for the time frame you will be here is. GET OUT OF BED AND BE THERE WHEN THE GATES OPEN. your vacation is inside the park, not in your hotel bed.
do what you really want to do first thing before the crowds of late sleepers arrive. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter