Help me lord

Priorities - why are you there? I am usually there to make a lasting memorial vacation with my kids and NOTHING is getting in the way of that ESPECIALLY my attitude or that of my DW. We discussed this at length before going. We talk about "checking" each others attitudes and egos so that our kids have a great memory and so do we. I hope the Lord DOES help us with that. If you can't prepare yourself ahead of time mentally just as you prepare your itinerary and money, maybe you should stay home and argue in the backyard.

Sorry, but since when has abusive behavior become acceptable?

Please, don't take it from anyone. Whether relative or stranger.

What's going to happen to you if you stand up aganist the abuse inflicted
on you and possibly witnessed by your children
My father was abusive towards my mother and my immediate family but as an adult
no way, no how
will I take it from anyone even my husband and he knows it.

But I can say my husband has enough respect for me not to try
it and knows I would never abuse him or anyone I encounter during a "vacation."

no way, no how

Huh? Who here abused someone or took abuse? I thought we were talking about little meltdowns which, if you are human, has happened to everyone.

Huh? Who here abused someone or took abuse? I thought we were talking about little meltdowns which, if you are human, has happened to everyone.

Well, the OP did talk about the possibility of a person turning into a lunatic and
possibily hitting someone. Maybe you were talking about a little spat but if
there are issues in a home sometimes these things can erupt.

We were on line one night for Universe of Energy. Two men were standing
right behind us having a conversation. One of them spitting during the time.
Spit left, spit right...I got tired of the nasty habit and my husband told him
to stop. He just stared my husband down and continued. We walked off the line. It was very dark and with 2 men it was the best way to go.

A small temper spat can be normal but if there are issues already they can escalate.
If I'm around people that are having a loud argument, I am going to walk away because it's not enjoyable for me on my vacation and I don't know how it can turn out.

Now I am no child abuser but. . .

I have been known to tell my daughters (pre teen at the time). . .

You WILL have fun at disneyworld even if I have to BEAT it into you!:lmao::lmao:

it's one of those things you don't understand until you've had a preteen

Now I am no child abuser but. . .

I have been known to tell my daughters (pre teen at the time). . .

You WILL have fun at disneyworld even if I have to BEAT it into you!:lmao::lmao:

it's one of those things you don't understand until you've had a preteen

Preteen is an angel, try teen.:rotfl:

I had one of those adult meltdowns last year; I am basically a very happy person, so it came as a shock not only to myself, but my traveling companions.

I took two college aged women who work for the bar I frequent. I am 50, so far removed from the whole entire texting thing.

One of the girls spent the first three days constantly arguing over her phone with her boyfriend, texting back and forth all hours of the day and night.

We walked into the upper level of the GF, off the monorail and my other companion gasped and said, "Oh my goodness, how beautiful." It was completely decorated for Christmas and the piano player was playing, etc.

The second companion entered, while I was still holding the door, continuing to text. She looks up and says, "I don't know why I have to deal with this now."

And right there in the middle of the lobby, I had a meltdown. Forgive me, I couldn't help it. It was my sentiments exactly - why do you have to deal with this now????

My expectation was to take two very nice young ladies who brought my single life some pleasure by having a place to go each night to have a nice meal and a couple of glasses of wine, on a wonderful trip. And that trip at that moment wasn't living up to my expectations at all...... so it does happen. :thumbsup2

no way, no how

:thumbsup2

I agree. When reading the title, I thought something dreadful had happened.

Me, too, but I'm glad it didn't. It's not a Southern thing - I have been in the South almost all of my life.

Seriously? :confused3

Maybe that explains the thread title. ;) The heat, crowds and long days can make anyone grumpy, but I don't think they predispose someone to physical violence unless a person thinks it is acceptable other places.

But the dramatic title did get us all to read the thread, so I guess it worked! :rotfl2:

I'd be willing to bet that it is modus operandi for that family. I have always subscribed to the theorum that E + R = O....Event plus Response equals Outcome. The world is going to do what it does....how you decide to react to it will deterime the outcome. If you look for problems, you will always find them...if you look for solutions, you will always find them....it's all where you put your attention...and that is completely under your control.

Very well said.

We have taken four vacations with my mom in the last two years since she was widowed. Two trips to Disney, one to Vegas and a cruise. Each and every one of these vacations have resulted in major in fighting within my family (me, DH, and DD22). We have never, ever fought like we did on those vacations.

I love my mother but I believe that when you travel with someone who does not live in your house, it does add stress.

In these same two years, DH and I have taken two vacations (Vegas and a cruise) by ourselves (our upcoming trip to Disney will be our 3rd vacation and matches all of the other vacation locations). We had one disagreement during those trips. I wasn't feeling well and I lashed out and I was sorry, but it was 105 degrees in Vegas and I was downright hot, tired and cranky.

On a future note, my mother will have her own cabin on the next cruise, in an effort to keep the "stress" from occurring.

I love my mother but I believe that when you travel with someone who does not live in your house, it does add stress.

Yes. The one time we've traveled with someone staying in the same place, my eldest daughter had a meltdown (not anger, but hysterical crying). We were all stressed but she's the one who brought it to the surface, if you know what I mean. It wasn't just having a guest - we were dealing with health issues and things as well - but that was definitely a factor.

In our experience people who live separately having their own units helps a lot (even if you switch kids around a bit), so here's hoping your next vacation with your mom works out better. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter