Help me lord

Sure it is heat and crowds and crying kids around and this is why they sell WINE. No, seriously, everyone have bad days but not everyone shoots people around. Some people just out of control,that is all. I worked for a bank years ago, when this woman came and wanted to deposit check several days before its date. We were not allowed to do it without a manager permission and she refused.This woman got ballistic on me, she was cursing and screaming. If she could reach me she would start a fight. Imagine how I felt.

Doesn't make what they did right, and sometimes the stress simply exposes what's always there, but I do hesitate to assume that someone losing it at Disney is expressing their "true" nature. There's just no way to know.

:flower3:

As annoyed as I can get at rude behavior and such, I have to agree, for the most part. I know that there are sometimes when I have a bad migraine and my tolerance for other people is much lower, for instance. I have sometimes said or done things while in that state and on heavy painkillers where I have definitely had to go back and apologize later. Things I would never say or do under "normal" circumstances. And I think everyone at some time or another experiences a series of events where finally there is just something -- maybe even something small -- that is the straw that breaks the camel's back and just makes you snap like a twig.

I don't know what it is, but as soon as we go on vacation, DH turns into demonspawn.

He's a pilot, you see, and therefore he's the worst passenger imaginable. One time, he actually threw a suitcase at me while we were at a checkin counter because the agent said it was 2 pounds over and asked me (very politely) if I could pull something into my carryon. As I was reaching for the bag, he got angry and actually hurled it at me, and I had to duck out of the way. I swear, after everyone got over the shock they were gonna call security on him but I managed to smooth it over.

We've been married long enough now that I just accept his incorrigable travel behavior as par for the course, and apologize profusely in his wake to anyone and everyone. Once we arrive at our destination, he's great. I just don't know why he won't chill, but he doesn't, and no amount of trying to change him has worked, so I don't let it bother me anymore.

He's a pilot, you see, and therefore he's the worst passenger imaginable.

He's not in control whereas that's what he is used to. But still, sad situation for you. Maybe he knows enough horror stories of some other pilots that he can't relax not knowing who's piloting him. Too bad you can't secretly slip a ground up Xanax in whatever he drinks before you leave - just joking for those who will jump on this. lol

Eh, I just keep our airline lounge memberships active and get him isolated and, um, "lubricated" as quickly as possible before any flights.

He generally gets on a plane and goes right to sleep.

It's just the checkin counter, the security line, and airport itself that gets him.

If you go to WDW enough with kids you will eventually have that Disney Rage moment. You may not verbalize it but you are feeling it. Thank goodness most of us just let it pass and don't let it ruin a trip.

I'd be willing to bet that it is modus operandi for that family. I have always subscribed to the theorum that E + R = O....Event plus Response equals Outcome. The world is going to do what it does....how you decide to react to it will deterime the outcome. If you look for problems, you will always find them...if you look for solutions, you will always find them....it's all where you put your attention...and that is completely under your control.

I too have had this. On our first family vacation it was our 15th wedding anniversary. I wanted everything to be perfect. So, I wanted a picture in front of the castle. Well, my husband did not want to use Photopass. He was so against the idea of paying for pics. (He is not from the US) I was trying to get him to do it and explaining how much it meant to me. When he said no I freaked out and stormed off down Main Street USA crying. All the way down to the exit. Way ahead of my family. That way how we left our second MK day. Luckily we took another vacation in April for my birthday. But we were very stressed out on the first one having done the commando touring thing for two days straight and he was just having his break down too, only in a different way. Everyone wants their vacation to be perfect but perfection is an idea in your head that often never reaches fruition!

OP I totally knew what you meant. And I am a Yankee! :lmao:
This is the reason that I will have my emergency bag with me at all times!
A cold compress, a few hershey kisses and a xanax!
Just kidding... I am not packing a cold compress!:laughing:

Please take a deep breath.

There is NO EXCUSE for negative behavior towards ANYONE during your
vacation at Disney. Why? Well, it's not only your vacation. Many other people
have children, have spent time and money for the time to be with their
family to enjoy themselves. No, I don't want to hear people yelling, mistreating, call it what you will directed at family, strangers, etc. Or any form of adult meltdowns.

If you have a valid complaint there is a way to deal with it. Do you want
adults ranting in front of your children? Well, there are loads of children there..and we Don't have any children.

You have a choice, if you're tired Take A Break. Please, show courtesy to
your own children and others. No man/woman is an island. We live in
a society with a vast number and should treat others as we would expect them to
treat us to borrow the quote from the Good Book.

Amen to that one!:thumbsup2

The Lord helps us out from problems that seem small to others. Messing up the day for yourself, your spouse, your children, passers-by, leaving a sour taste over a great trip -- these may be more important than we know. We all pray for self-control and kindness . . . . or we should.

Its funny because I am a rather short-fused person with adults (I teach high school and have a ton of patience for teenagers) and I am very impatient (hate waiting, especially when its because someone is being super slow) but at Disney I let it all go. I don't even care. I am much more relaxed, I don't stress over seeing everything, and ignore most less-than nice people. I try to spread the magic when possible and share tips with families that I can tell are on their first visit. I think that's why I love Disney so much because it lets me keep the stresses of the "real world" away and I just have fun.

I can see how one would get overloaded and stressed, though. It takes a conscientous effort to step away and take a break (especially for the kids). I recommend taking breaks to anyone that asks me for some tips about Disney.

I don't know what it is, but as soon as we go on vacation, DH turns into demonspawn.

He's a pilot, you see, and therefore he's the worst passenger imaginable. One time, he actually threw a suitcase at me while we were at a checkin counter because the agent said it was 2 pounds over and asked me (very politely) if I could pull something into my carryon. As I was reaching for the bag, he got angry and actually hurled it at me, and I had to duck out of the way. I swear, after everyone got over the shock they were gonna call security on him but I managed to smooth it over.

We've been married long enough now that I just accept his incorrigable travel behavior as par for the course, and apologize profusely in his wake to anyone and everyone. Once we arrive at our destination, he's great. I just don't know why he won't chill, but he doesn't, and no amount of trying to change him has worked, so I don't let it bother me anymore.

:scared1: Can you slip him a Xanax before you get to the airport?

My husband and I joke when we go on vacation that we are calmer there than at home. Our wedding toast included something that said 'we put furniture together, moved, and took a flight together without fighting or killing someone or someone else so we are meant to be together' :rotfl2:

Funny thing is he's the one who starts turning read when he's getting angry and the only red in his face our last vacation to the World was from the sun, and that's why we keep going back! :worship:

Everyone and anyone can have a bad momentary break at Disney.It is a high stimuli environment.It has happened to us and I am not proud of it, but to judge someone by a 60 second snapshot you see of them in the park is simply unfair..No one is perfect.Whenever I see it ,I feel bad for the family and hope they find the magic again quickly.

Warning.....Warning...Warning....

Disney may be hazardous to your mental health..

and your wallet.......;)

Those who suffer from Disney Addictions.............. press 1
Those who suffer from Disney Anger outbursts....... press 2
Those who have been a victim while in Disney....... press 3
Those of you who have lost your mind.........press 0 and wait for it to return

and your wallet.......;)

:rotfl2: We all victims of Disney...on this site.:rolleyes1

and your wallet.......;)

I pressed 0 and it said to press 1 for English?:lmao:, I thought 1 was for addictions:confused3?

I'm still holding for lost and found.It seems they have located a lot of minds left inside the TTC and still have yet to be claimed:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: We all victims of Disney...on this site.:rolleyes1
:lmao: very true. On these boards there are some things you should not speak or say or else you will have a derailing or locked thread.:rolleyes1 Tempers get the best of people even before they reach Disney grounds!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter