Help me choose where to stay, Opinions welcome :)

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
We have the option to stay at these three properties. I have not been to any of them but are travelling with 7 people( 3 are kids 17, 10 and 8). If you have stayed at any of these properties, I would love your input!!
Sheraton Vistana
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Summer Bay Orlando

We will have a car but would love to be close to Disney. Also, we are planning on some down time at the resort so ammenities are important. We are DVC owners and have stayed onsite a ton( and will still stay onsite once a year) but wanted to go this route. Thanks for any and all input, good and bad!

I would go with Bonnet Creek. I have never stayed at any of them, but my DD has stayed at Vistana and she said it was only OK and I don't know anyone that has stayed at Summer bay so I can't answer that one.

Of your list, Ive only stayed at Vistana and like PP stated, it was OK. No place Id rush back to. I recently spent a night a the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. It was wonderful. They even had a lazy river. Not sure what time of year you are going, but I went in September 2015 and got it for $102 / night. Rooms were very large. Tons of amenities around the resort.

I was only there for one night and could probably stay another night or 2, but honestly, it is nothing like staying on Disney property. In just that one night, I felt very removed from Disney World (which was the purpose..wanted to relax and get off my feet for just one day before going home and going back to work!)

We stayed at Vistana the week before Easter. It was very nice. No lazy river but the pools were nice. So close to Magic Kingdom and very easy to drive to the parks. Clean and very close to restaurants, the outlet mall and grocery store. There is a Walgreens at the corner for last minute needs. I don't know anything about the other two. But Bonnet Creek is very loved also.

I've never stayed at Summer Bay but it looks really neat. I think they charge extra for a lot of the amenities though. It is the farthest from the parks.

Vistana was nice with several pools. They also have a mini golf course and I think a tennis court.

Bonnet Creek has nice pools, lazy rivers, and a mini golf course.

We've stayed at Vistana and WBC and far prefer WBC for its proximity to WDW and amenities.

Thank you for all of your responses! Unfortunately, Bonnet Creek no longer had the room size available during the time we need. We are going to try Summer Bay and then added a few days on to the end just so we can end our stay with the Disney feeling. Thanks again everyone!

Thank you for all of your responses! Unfortunately, Bonnet Creek no longer had the room size available during the time we need. We are going to try Summer Bay and then added a few days on to the end just so we can end our stay with the Disney feeling. Thanks again everyone!
Availability at Bonnet Creek is always changing. Changes hour to hour. If you are interested in staying there you should find an owner willing to look for your dates. I recently was told "booked to capacity" with no offer to continue to watch for my dates by Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy. I have used both in the past and this time got short emails saying sorry...no rooms available. I found a really nice lady named Jeanette that sells on ebay - her ebay seller name is "QVAC" she has been a pleasure to deal with. I have confirmed my reservations with Bonnet Creek so I know its legit. She was able to piece together a few different owners dates and I booked my requested dates May 18 to May 27th in a 2 bedroom deluxe for $900. Best rate Ive had in years. My point is dont give up - it took her less than 24 hr to find my dates and get it put together. You can not beat the amenities and location of Bonnet Creek !

I know you've made your decision, but thought I'd answer in case others are consider some of these options. I've stayed at both Sheraton Vistana Resort and Wyndham Bonnet Creek within the past year. I'd stay at either again, choosing based on a combination on price, length of stay and who's traveling with me.

I'd choose Sheraton Vistana Resort for more of a home-away-from-home stay. It's laid out very much like a quiet suburban subdivision, with shaded winding streets that move through neighborhoods with water features, with recreational amenities. It's very low-key. I'd choose WBC for more of a stay that's more like a hotel resort, with its towers surrounding a lake. For our needs on most trips, we choose WBC.

Both resorts have several pools, grills, shuffleboard, mini-golf (SVR for a fee), children's play areas, scheduled activities, game rooms and arcades, fitness centers and the like. WBC has a lazy river, a pirate-ship play area, and the better pools in general. SVR has tennis courts, basketball courts, and water volleyball. This is an incomplete list - just off the top of my head.

WBC has the better overall sit-down dining options, thanks to its proximity to the hotels that are part of the complex. SVR has the better quick-service options, IMO, thanks in part to its marketplace/convenience grocery that doubles as a deli. Both resorts have Starbucks coffee available for purchase.

Both have ample, free parking; I find it slightly more convenient to park right outside my unit at SVR but it's not really a problem at WBC. I didn't find the drive from SVR to Disney to be a problem (6-15 minutes, depending on park), but there's no doubt that it's even more convenient to drive from WBC (right next to Disney's Caribbean Beach). I've not taken the shuttles from either resort so I can't speak to that; I think both charge a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter