Help me choose resort!

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am doing a 2 night, solo parenting trip with just me and my about-to-be 7 yr old birthday boy in January. I have these options. Which one would you choose? Leaning toward Poly since we like to walk to the monorail for both Epcot and MK. But Contemporary is also super easy for the walk to MK, which is his favorite park.

Disney's Contemporary Resort - Garden Wing Garden View
$1,156.50

Disney's Polynesian Resort - resort view
$1,381.50

Disney's Beach Club Resort - Garden or Woods View (good for walking to Rise of the Resistance too!)
$898.97

I don‘t know a lot about room views at the Poly (it has been a while since our last stay), but I try to avoid resorts under renovation/construction. Just my two cents. I agree however it is your best option for convenient access to the MK and Epcot.

We have often stayed in the CR garden wing rooms and they are pretty much identical to those in the tower in size (although no balconies on upper floors, just a patio in the first floor rooms). The rooms are close to the pools and marina, but the view can vary quite a bit. They are newly renovated and pretty quiet, although some can be a bit of a walk to the main tower. Walking to the MK is easy and convenient. There are no dining options in the wing; all of those services are in the tower.

The BC is wonderfully convenient to Epcot and the Studios with many restaurant options. Transportation to the MK would be by bus.
Good luck deciding and have a fun trip!

Beach Club is my favorite of those three resorts. I loathe the garden wing. So I think it comes down to how important the monorail/close MK access is to you and your son. it sounds like that is important to you all, so I would go with Poly

Poly - hands down between CRGW and Poly. The walk to Ticket and Trans is easier to do only one monorail to Epcot. Also like Beach Club/Yacht Club option but if your time is spent at MK, and budget doesn't matter, go with the Poly. Otherwise, BC.

The ambiance and convenience of the Poly is definitely a winner for me. Love being able to walk home after fireworks to CRGW tho .... and I can't imagine paying that price for a dirt pit view. Quite the gamble!

Last edited:
Are you planning any pool time? If so, the Beach Club. They have an awesome pool, from what I hear.
However, I've heard that that pool can be a tough one to keep track of young ones. Might be a little problematic if there's one parent. But then, one parent and just one child may not be bad, I don't know. Something to consider.

CR. I would not take the gamble on the construction at those rates.
Agree. The "resort view" category now includes the old standard/parking lot views. There is a chance you would not get a dirt pit view, but there is also a chance you will get a dirt pit view. I would not take the chance. I'd do the CR or the WL (not that you mentioned it, but the boat ride to the MK is only 8 minutes and a nice trip). BC is not my favorite, and it may be too chilly to swim in January. And if the MK is the goal, the BC is bus transportation to the park, or driving/ride share.

If you have never stayed at an EPCOT area resort, Beach Club is an excellent choice. The pool is incredible. You also have a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. But if MK is the key factor, I would go with the contemporary. No chance of getting the dirt pile view at the Polynesian, and at the end of the day, if the monorail line is cumbersome, it's an easy walk to your resort right across the street.

I would take Poly out of the equation - no way would I roll the dice on a dirt pit view.

If you are spending the majority of your time in MK, do CR GW - we really like the garden wing, it quiet and a quick walk to MK, the buses and the tower. If you will do EP/DHS, consider BC - you could even splurge on a Minnie Van to MK and still come out less than staying at CR!

I agree with peeps saying CR.
I’ve only stayed there once and it was in the GW, and we all loved it!

The room was spacious, the walk quick to MK (you go through security on the path to the park so that’s quick and easy), and it’s a beautiful resort.
Being that you’re going in January you probably wouldn’t use the pool at BC much if at all.

CR is a magical place to stay… being so close to MK, the monorail goes right through it, you can see SM and Tron and the Castle from there and you have Chef Mickey’s! Very magical for a 7yo boy 🙂.

The BC and Poly are beautiful too, but if MK is his favorite park, CR makes sense.
Especially with construction at the Poly and the cooler weather to keep you out of SAB.

If your stay was during the warmer months and you planned on using the pool, my vote would be for the BC, but in January my vote goes to CR.

If your main park is MK and you want to walk or monorail, then I would choose Contemporary. If you don't mind taking a boat or a bus to MK then Wilderness lodge is close but not walkable. I love WL.

If you are going to split your park days, you can't beat the location of Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, and Yacht Club for easy access to TWO parks.

I own DVC at the Beach Club, but given your circumstances, I'd choose the Poly. The garden wing at the Contemporary is a bit of a walk from all of the action (but a lovely view), and the convenience of being so close to the MK may be negated by the relatively lengthy walk back to your room. You can't go wrong with any of those choices though!

My favorite of the three is BC, but I think for your son it sounds like CR might be the winner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter