HELP! I’m having DVC buyer’s remorse

Great job. You made the right choice. Now take your time and buy a nice resale contract. My husband and I purchased our first contract in 1992. I was 46 and he was 61. We added a lot of contracts after that because our kids and grandkids loved Disney. He died in 2010 and I sold all my contracts for a nice profit. Then I bought RESALE 2 BCV and 2 OKW (extended to 2057) contracts for the same price for which I sold my points.

I had to do it. My kids were so disappointed that I was selling their fun vacation spot.

My point being, you will probably not get hurt buying a Disney Vacation Club contract, but down the road, you stand to make MORE money if you buy resale.

Last edited:
You sound to me like an ideal resale customer, keeping a very large chunk of change in the bank.

You’ve got that right! I’m so glad I slowed down and am now taking the time to understand how everything works with UY and also learning more about the various DVC properties. I should be at least more informed when I decide to pull the trigger. I’m definitely thinking resale.

You’ve got that right! I’m so glad I slowed down and am now taking the time to understand how everything works with UY and also learning more about the various DVC properties. I should be at least more informed when I decide to pull the trigger. I’m definitely thinking resale.

Smart move! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

You should save money, make a better choice and be happier with your choice. IMO it usually take a good 6 months of active investigation to get to the point of making a reasonable purchase. This may be a little less in your situation because part of the issue is getting past the emotions and you had that park kickstarted up front.

We bought into a Copper Creek DVC while vacationing last week. We purchased 150 pts. My husband and I are 59 years old and in hindsight, I wish we had purchased 10 years ago. I feel like we bought into this a little too late. I’m concerned that we will not get our money’s worth out of it in the next 10-15 years( I don’t think we will be making many trips once we reach that age) even though I know we can leave it to our children when we are unable to make the trips. I’m thinking of cancelling (our 10 days are not up yet). Any advice?

If you have any thoughts about canceling I would suggest canceling. You want to be 100% certain when you purchase. You can decide to become a DVC member at any time so I would advise to cancel.

My thoughts now are to catch a good deal through resale for 75-100 pts at maybe Boulder Ridge or Beach Club. Since we enjoy doing Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival in the fall and Flower festival in April we would like to have the benefit of a nearby resort like Beach Club for that. Of course Boulder Ridge is an option because we absolutely LOVE Wilderness Lodge and I don’t know if I’m patient enough to wait for Copper Creek to make its way through the resale pipeline. We have 5 children aged 17-35 years old with a20 year old autistic son in the mix. He and our 17 year old and 25 year old daughters have been taking trips with us since 2004. My son loves the characters. We even thought he might be able to get a job in the future at WDW because he knows the parks so well. All that being said, I know that most of our kids will continue to visit Disney well after we are gone. We always call it our home away from home. My 25 year old is a teacher and will be going in 1/3 on the contract when we are ready to sign so I know she is definitely serious about it. I would like to buy a minimal contract direct just so we and our children can benefit from some of the perks. We love the restaurants so the dining discounts are big for us as well.

My thoughts now are to catch a good deal through resale for 75-100 pts at maybe Boulder Ridge or Beach Club. Since we enjoy doing Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival in the fall and Flower festival in April we would like to have the benefit of a nearby resort like Beach Club for that. Of course Boulder Ridge is an option because we absolutely LOVE Wilderness Lodge and I don’t know if I’m patient enough to wait for Copper Creek to make its way through the resale pipeline. We have 5 children aged 17-35 years old with a20 year old autistic son in the mix. He and our 17 year old and 25 year old daughters have been taking trips with us since 2004. My son loves the characters. We even thought he might be able to get a job in the future at WDW because he knows the parks so well. All that being said, I know that most of our kids will continue to visit Disney well after we are gone. We always call it our home away from home. My 25 year old is a teacher and will be going in 1/3 on the contract when we are ready to sign so I know she is definitely serious about it. I would like to buy a minimal contract direct just so we and our children can benefit from some of the perks. We love the restaurants so the dining discounts are big for us as well.

I must have missed that your kids are older... Because it sounds like you will regularly be going at least with 5 "adults" and up, and may in the future be bringing grandkids, you should keep in mind max occupancy in the 1br (possible if you are only taking your 17, 20 and 25 year old) and the bathroom situations.

AKV Kidani and BLT can both accommodate 5 in existing bedding in their 1br, and 9 in their 2br, AND they have an extra full bath. So the 1br have 2 full baths, and the 2br have a luxurious 3 full baths. Unfortunately, BRV and CCV accommodate only 4/8 in their 1br and 2br units, and don't have the extra bath. AKV and BLT are also among the more cost-effective to own resorts as well. OKW can also accommodate 5/9 but I'm not sure if they have the extra bath.

Both links I tried to post don't seem to be permitted, but you can find that info online prett easily.

I must have missed that your kids are older... Because it sounds like you will regularly be going at least with 5 "adults" and up, and may in the future be bringing grandkids, you should keep in mind max occupancy in the 1br (possible if you are only taking your 17, 20 and 25 year old) and the bathroom situations.

AKV Kidani and BLT can both accommodate 5 in existing bedding in their 1br, and 9 in their 2br, AND they have an extra full bath. So the 1br have 2 full baths, and the 2br have a luxurious 3 full baths. Unfortunately, BRV and CCV accommodate only 4/8 in their 1br and 2br units, and don't have the extra bath. AKV and BLT are also among the more cost-effective to own resorts as well. OKW can also accommodate 5/9 but I'm not sure if they have the extra bath.

https://**************.com/disney-vacation-club-villas-guest-occupancy-guidelines/
https://*******.com/dvc-information/resort-information/dvc-room-inventory/

Just to note that CCV is maxed at 4ppl for the 1BR and 8ppl for the 2brs but BRV is 5 for the 1BR and 9 for the 2BR but you have to bring the bed and bedding for the extra person. If you book a 2BR lock-off at BRV then the 2nd room has the murphy bed and actually has beds for all 9ppl.

Just to note that CCV is maxed at 4ppl for the 1BR and 8ppl for the 2brs but BRV is 5 for the 1BR and 9 for the 2BR but you have to bring the bed and bedding for the extra person. If you book a 2BR lock-off at BRV then the 2nd room has the murphy bed and actually has beds for all 9ppl.

So the lock off 2br would get you 3 baths, and 9 people, right? but then there's only 2 actual beds (a king and a queen) + 2 sofa beds and a murphy?

So the lock off 2br would get you 3 baths, and 9 people, right? but then there's only 2 actual beds (a king and a queen) + 2 sofa beds and a murphy?

Because the BRV 1BR just has the 1 bath split bath (tub/sink in one and tub/sink/toilet room in the other part) it would still just be 2 bathrooms in the lock-off. The beds you list are correct.

Both links I tried to post don't seem to be permitted, but you can find that info online prett easily.
Thanks for that info. It’s definitely something to consider. We really need at least a couple of full size beds for the future and my 25 year old has a significant other that may be taking future trips and the 17 year old is already asking to bring along a friend too. We may need to suck it up and just get 2 rooms when we go since there’s also someone in the family that snores pretty loud( not naming names). That means 75 points won’t go too far so perhaps BLT or AKV would be better options for us.

Thanks for that info. It’s definitely something to consider. We really need at least a couple of full size beds for the future and my 25 year old has a significant other that may be taking future trips and the 17 year old is already asking to bring along a friend too. We may need to suck it up and just get 2 rooms when we go since there’s also someone in the family that snores pretty loud( not naming names). That means 75 points won’t go too far so perhaps BLT or AKV would be better options for us.
Yes, the extra bathrooms makes a big deal. Do consider renting points sometime if you want to get a sense of how the rooms will work - we stayed 9 people - 6 adults, 1 child and 2 babies - in a dedicated 2br BLT and the 3 full baths made a huge difference, especially when we came back from the pool, and getting ready to go in the morning.

Also keep in mind that 2BR is not too many more points than a 1BR, so it is definitely more points-economical than 2 rooms. In some seasons, at BLT a 1BR TPV is only a few points less than a 2BR std.

Yes, the extra bathrooms makes a big deal. Do consider renting points sometime if you want to get a sense of how the rooms will work - we stayed 9 people - 6 adults, 1 child and 2 babies - in a dedicated 2br BLT and the 3 full baths made a huge difference, especially when we came back from the pool, and getting ready to go in the morning.

Also keep in mind that 2BR is not too many more points than a 1BR, so it is definitely more points-economical than 2 rooms. In some seasons, at BLT a 1BR TPV is only a few points less than a 2BR std.

We stayed at AKV with 8 people (6 adults, 3 year, and 1 year) and we said SO many times thank goodness for the washing machine and the 3rd bathroom. It made the trip wayyyyy better. I can't wait to go back!

Glad to hear you backed out and made the right decision for you ! I just passed ROFR at Beach Club, I made an offer there because my kids are young and they enjoy it. I wish there were more years left on the contract though. You have a good size family who loves Disney, you might want to look into a resort with a longer contract that you can leave them ? Copper Creek is starting to show up now on resale. You could look into multiple contracts? Get enough points at Beach Club or Boardwalk for a 3 or 4 night stay during the Epcot festivals. Then another contract near Wilderness with enough points for your length of stay ? I know people who do split stays they start at one resort for a few nights then finish their stay at another. The resale market has all kinds of contracts available. You could also rent points near Epcot during the festivals and buy and Wilderness for your other trips. I hear Wildernesses is amazing during the Holidays? Good Luck !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter