Helloirishkitty's PJ: 02.13.09 ~*WP/ADH/II*~ Room Block Headache....

helloirishkitty

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited to start my PJ. I'm 15 months out, which seems like a lifetime, but I figure the more I have done now, the less I have to worry about it later (of course, I still will, but that's the perfectionist in me!). It also helps with the budget, and it gives us more time to save for things we don't think we can live without :goodvibes.

So now about us :)

Me :bride: - I'm 21 and in my 5th year of a 6th year program to get my PhD. A Disney wedding was my idea, but he wasn't that hard to convince :)

DF :cool2: - He's 28, adorable, and the smartest man I know. He's from England but I'm very glad that he came to the US for his postdoc! He treats me like a princess and is my very best friend (and the love of my life :lovestruc ).

How we met...

It's really kind of boring. We met online about two years ago. He was moving from England to Western New York, and wanted to talk to/get to know some people before he moved here. We continued e-mailing until he was settled in, then we went for a drink together. At the time, we were both in other relationships, so the drink was a platonic thing. Our other relationships didn't last too much longer and we soon became a couple.

How I became a :bride: (or how he proposed)...

My mom almost ruined it for me. DF had asked my father for my hand in marriage (without me saying anything or knowing- which I thought was SO cute!) in September, so everyone knew but me. My mother must have told my relatives, because about a week before the actual proposal, I got a “Congratulations on your engagement” card from my aunt. I thought it was kind of weird, but when I asked my mom about it, she blew it off. I never believed that you would just *know* until I met DF, but it’s so true! Anyways… heh… one of our favorite things to do is just walk down the canal in Rochester because it’s so peaceful and relaxing. It’s also the place where we first became a couple so it’s special to us. On a random friday night we went to the movies and afterwards, we went for a walk down the canal. It started to rain, and I insisted on going back to the car, but he wouldn’t let me. I turned around to start walking back (I’m stubborn.. and I was cold), but he called my name. I turned around and DF was down on one knee. I thought he was messing with me, but there was a ring in his hand so I figured he wasn't...

as soon as I get a good picture of this on my hand, I'll post it because this one doesn't do it justice...
EC1C.jpg

Why we chose Disney...

Our families are spread all over the world, so there really was no "convenient" place to have our wedding. I've also been dreaming of a Disney wedding for awhile, and once I convinced DF that we wouldn't be getting married on Space Mountain, (even though that would be so fun!) he was accepting of it too.

So to make a very long story short, we're planning a Wishes wedding with about 100-150 guests (I'm desperately trying to cut down the guest list), for February 13, 2009. So far, we know we want our ceremony at the WP, and a dessert party for just our parents/siblings/bridal party the night before the party. We're also tentatively planning on a welcome dinner before the dessert party, but I'm still looking into options for that :)

I haven't gone dress shopping yet, partly because my mother lives in Ireland and I really want her to go with me, and partly because I'm so nervous! I'm not the smallest girl (size 14) and I really just want to feel comfortable about the whole process.

I do know that I want a pickup skirt though, the bigger the better... :bride:. My wonderful father has offered to pay for my dress, so I'm trying to keep costs down on it while making sure that it's truly me. I'm very pale but I still want a white dress because ivory makes me look kind of sick. Here are my two favorites so far:

product_imagephp.jpg

anjloqiebridal2.jpg

I'm having three attendants, my best friend from middle school, my best friend from high school, and one of my pledge sisters. I didn't realize my bridal party would cause so much drama but apparently some of my sorority sisters felt "slighted" that I didn't include them. I just didn't want a huge bridal party, and you can't make everyone happy. Anyways, here are my ideas for them (I :love: Bill Levkoff's bridesmaid's dresses so they're all by him.. heh)...

billevkoff3.jpg

billlevkoff1.jpg

billlevkoff2.jpg

i think davinci bridal makes the first dress you picked out, or something like it, they made mine...i got it on ebay for a fraction of the price. still waiting for it to arrive! great plans so far! i agree with you, the more that you get done now, the less you have to do later!

Oooh, those dresses are beautiful! The second wedding dress is my favorite. And the BM dresses are beautiful too! The second one is my favorite again, but they are all gorgeous :love:

OO those dresses are beautiful, congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.

PS. I'm from western NY too, are you ready for that snow they say is coming?:headache:

i think davinci bridal makes the first dress you picked out, or something like it, they made mine...i got it on ebay for a fraction of the price. still waiting for it to arrive! great plans so far! i agree with you, the more that you get done now, the less you have to do later!

thanks for the info about ebay... i've been looking at so many dresses that I can't seem to remember who designed what!

Oooh, those dresses are beautiful! The second wedding dress is my favorite. And the BM dresses are beautiful too! The second one is my favorite again, but they are all gorgeous :love:

hehe, that's the one my attendants like too. Now I just have to figure out if I want them to be in baby blue or cinnamon... :idea:

OO those dresses are beautiful, congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.

PS. I'm from western NY too, are you ready for that snow they say is coming?:headache:

It seems like it's too soon for snow! We had 80 degree weather for a really long time, then a week of fall, and it's practically winter now. :sad2: I finally bought a snowblower this year so I think I'm a little better prepared this year, so bring it on :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

That's my fav on the bm dresses too. In fact... I would wear it in white as a bridal dress. I just really like it that much! :rotfl:

Liz! You started a PJ! The dresses you chose are beautiful! I LOVE the second BM dress! The funny think about looking at dresses online is once you try them on your opinion completely changes...i "knew" i was going to have a strapless pickup skirt with a short train.................and i ended up with a cap sleeve no-pick-up with an enormous train :lmao: or maybe im the only retarted one that flip flopped lol

I'm so excited to start my PJ. I'm 15 months out, which seems like a lifetime, but I figure the more I have done now, the less I have to worry about it later (of course, I still will, but that's the perfectionist in me!). It also helps with the budget, and it gives us more time to save for things we don't think we can live without :goodvibes.

So now about us :)

Me (Liz) :bride: - I'm 21, and in my 5th year of a 6 year program to get my PharmD/PhD. I currently work in a psychiatric hospital as an intern pharmacist... Our Disney wedding was my idea, but he wasn't that hard to convince :)

DF (Phil) :cool2: - He's 27, and has a PhD in Physics. Right now, he's a researcher but eventually he wants to become a professor. He's from England, and has never been to WDW (his first trip will be for our site visit in January).

How we met...

It's really kind of boring. We met online about two years ago. He was moving from England to Western New York, and wanted to talk to/get to know some people before he moved here. We continued e-mailing until he was settled in, then we went for a drink together. At the time, we were both in other relationships, so the drink was a platonic thing. Our other relationships didn't last too much longer and we soon became a couple.

us2.jpg

us.jpg

(ignore my weird hair in the second picture.. lol)

How I became a :bride: (or how he proposed)...

My mom almost ruined it for me. Philip had asked my father for my hand in marriage (without me saying anything or knowing- which I thought was SO cute!) in September, so everyone knew but me. My mother must have told my relatives, because about a week before the actual proposal, I got a “Congratulations on your engagement” card from my aunt. I thought it was kind of weird, but when I asked my mom about it, she blew it off. I never believed that you would just *know* until I met Philip, but it’s so true! Anyways… heh… one of our favorite things to do is just walk down the canal in Rochester because it’s so peaceful and relaxing. It’s also the place where we first became a couple so it’s special to us. On a random friday night we went to the movies and afterwards, we went for a walk down the canal. It started to rain, and I insisted on going back to the car, but he wouldn’t let me. I turned around to start walking back (I’m stubborn.. and I was cold), but he called my name. I turned around and DF was down on one knee. I thought he was messing with me, but there was a ring in his hand so I figured he wasn't...

as soon as I get a good picture of this on my hand, I'll post it because this one doesn't do it justice...
EC1C.jpg

Why we chose Disney...

My family is spread over three continents, and his family is in England/California so there really was no "convenient" place to have our wedding. I've also been dreaming of a Disney wedding for awhile, and once I convinced DF that we wouldn't be getting married on Space Mountain, (even though that would be so fun!) he was accepting of it too.

So to make a very long story short, we're planning a Wishes wedding with about 100-150 guests (I'm desperately trying to cut down the guest list), for February 13, 2009. So far, we know we want our ceremony at the WP, and a dessert party for just our parents/siblings/bridal party the night before the party. We're also tentatively planning on a welcome dinner before the dessert party, but I'm still looking into options for that :)

Don't worry about being 15 months out, it goes really fast, faster than you would ever think. My DF and I got engaged March 2006 so we have been engaged for about 20 months now and our wedding is in three weeks! It has gone by so fast. Congrats!

Don't worry about being 15 months out, it goes really fast, faster than you would ever think. My DF and I got engaged March 2006 so we have been engaged for about 20 months now and our wedding is in three weeks! It has gone by so fast. Congrats!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Liz! You started a PJ! The dresses you chose are beautiful! I LOVE the second BM dress! The funny think about looking at dresses online is once you try them on your opinion completely changes...i "knew" i was going to have a strapless pickup skirt with a short train.................and i ended up with a cap sleeve no-pick-up with an enormous train :lmao: or maybe im the only retarted one that flip flopped lol

Heh that's what I'm worried about! I'm afraid I'll go dress shopping, try what I "want" on, and then have no idea what I really want! Oh well, that's why I have lots of time... :rotfl:

This a little update, I went dress shopping with my MOH yesterday and I have a few pictures, so I'll upload them when I get home from work :)

I jus got an e-mail back from Randy saying that he is available for our date :-)cool1:.. I was nervous that he wouldn't be). Once we figure out how much photography we'll need (I'm leaning towards one of the unlimited packages, but it's still up in the air), we'll pay our deposit and have the most important part of the day planned.... I'm so excited! :goodvibes

Congratulations to you. I can't wait to hear more as things progress.

I love the first wedding dress (the bodice is amazing looking) and the third bridesmaid's dress. Tbe first one is nice (the pink), but there's something about the 3rd one I like.

Whatever you choose will look beautiful.

:tinker:

Congratulations to you. I can't wait to hear more as things progress.

I love the first wedding dress (the bodice is amazing looking) and the third bridesmaid's dress. Tbe first one is nice (the pink), but there's something about the 3rd one I like.

Whatever you choose will look beautiful.

:tinker:

thank you so much for the compliments on the dresses. The bodice on the first dress is what sets it apart for me. I'm going to a shop tomorrow that says they have it in white so I really hope I can find it :)

This is just a random update... nothing monumental... well, to me maybe, but not to everyone else! heh

1) I really want to have my reception at ADH. But, there's been Sorbet course confusion and whether or not it's going to be allowed, so I'm just going to push until they say yes. If it gets time for me to contract, and the answer is still no, I'll be having my reception in one of the Ballroom's at the Boardwalk.

2) I started my *fit for the fairytale* diet. I'm not following a book or a program, just working out 5 times a week and watching what I eat. It's worked for me in the past before, so hopefully it'll work for me again. I've lost five pounds since then wednesday before thanksgiving.
I also started taking ballet again so I can try to look long and lean, instead of just long and clumsy... lol.

3) I found invitations that I love :love:. Here they are:
i2.jpg

i1.jpg

Now we're trying to figure out how to word the invitations. I want a traditional bride's family invite like this:

Mr. and Mrs. John *blank*
request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter
Elizabeth Anastaisia
to
Dr. Jason *blank*
Friday, the thirteenth of February
Two thousand and nine
at two thirty in the afternoon
Disney's Wedding Pavilion
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista, FL

while DF wants a more laidback wording like this:

Elizabeth *blank*
and
Jason *blank*
invite you to share in the joy
when they exchange marriage
vows
on February 13, 2009
at 2:30pm
Disney's Wedding Pavilion
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista, FL.

I think we'll have to meet somewhere in the middle on this one... hmmm :confused3

4) DF and I are considering taking ballroom dance lessons for our first dance...:rotfl: ... have any of you girls done this? I cannot see it working out well for me.. :lmao:

Happy Planning Everyone!

I like the traditional wording too :goodvibes

I hate all the confusion about the sorbet at ADH too! I told joe if we can't have it for everyone at least me and df are having them and he agreed lol

cute invites. I hope you can have your sorbet. The ADH is fanstasic for a reception! We had ours there and I coulnd't ask for anything better. We wanted the ice sorbet in the beginning but in the end we couldn't do it per DIsney. It was ok, we didn't push to get it because of the price we were unsure. Instead we did specialty coctails and a dessert party. It outbeat the sorbet by a long shot. You wont regreat the ADH so if they don't let you do it, think twice before going to a ballroom. You can get a ballroom anywhere but not the ADH. Is the sorbet that important that you are willing to change the venue?

if you order your invitations from mouseweddings you'll get a discount! i ordered from them, i would suggest ordering 25% more than you need. many of mine came folded, or the disney characters were not printed correctly. overall they worked out, just order extra...

i am having my reception at lss and am also having a buffet and was told that a sorbet is a bad idea because the food is already set out when your guests enter your room, so they won't even think abut eatin the sorbet, there is no "grand sorbet entrance" because they don't sit to await their meal for a buffet like you do for a sit down meal...hth, i just got the email from my planner today!

generally the wording of the invitation is dictated by whoever is paying for it, so if your parents are paying, their names are addressed, as in your example, if you and your fiance are paying for it, then you guys are addressed, etc...both sound great though, and i actually saw those invitations in a hallmark store and thought they were lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter