Height restrictions for 2 kids riding together?

My 5 year old was allowed to ride with my 7 year old on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (my husband and I each rode with one of our 4 year olds). They just had to make sure the 5 year old was in the same car as one of us.
For Barnstormer, my husband had to ride three times because each car can only fit two, not 4 like Mine Train.
The other ride there was an issue was Kali River, because the 4 year olds had to sit in special seats which were on opposite sides of the raft, and I don't like to ride that one. So we made friends with a group of adults in the line, who were fine with each sitting next to one of my kids so I was able to duck out of line before loading.

Thanks for tour help. Just curious in this situation would we get a Rider Swap Pass or is that only for instances where there is a child under the height requirements?
I'd ask the CM at the ride entrance what the procedure is. They'll tell you, and if they kids can't ride all with one adult in some fashion, I'd guess they will offer you a RS pass. If not, ask, but I can't imagine they wouldn't give you one if you needed it for all of your kids to ride.

Thanks for tour help. Just curious in this situation would we get a Rider Swap Pass or is that only for instances where there is a child under the height requirements?

Yes. Or at least they gave us RS on Barnstormer when two of my 3 kids were under 7. That was 3 years ago but I can’t imagine they would make you go thru stby 3 times.

I think they were just trying to cram you in and save a seat for another party, which is absurd IMO. A few years ago, a cranky CM at PP tried to cram DH, me and our two small kids into one boat. We asked nicely for two boats and she refused to budge, but neither would I. Finally, I looked at her and said, "Fine, then we don't know them (pointing to my husband). We are a party of two (pointing to one of my kids.) She gave me a nasty look, rolled her eyes, and let us do it have two boats.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.34.17 PM.png

Okay when I read this I immediately thought of this picture of our 16 year old son on Pirates last week. He likes to go off on his own in the parks a lot. For some reason the CM directing guests into the boat thought it made sense to put a single rider in the same row with a family of 4 . . . while there were only two people in the row in front of them. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this picture - the side eye he is giving the camera expressing his displeasure is perfect!! (He's the one on the far left looking less than pleased).

Yes, I think riding in the same "train car" is allowed if they are under 7. I know that BTMR and 7DMT let us do this before our kids were 7. They will just put the 9 and 6 yo directly in front of you and the 5 yo.
I know a few people that do this they have twin 5 YO and a 3 YO. the twins sit in a row together and mom a the 3 YO sit right behind them. it is like with space there is no age limit but you sit single file.

So what happens when you have a 9, 6 and 5 year old with only one adult?
My wife does not ride roller coasters and all of my kids are over 44” now.
l

We have similar situations as we have kids 8,6,4 and 2. There are some rides that seat 3 across Like Splash and Big Thunder so you can have the 2 younger with you and the 9 yo ride in front , although I would guess they might let the 6yo ride with the 9yo. Soarin you just need to make sure the 2 younger ones sit on either side of you. Test Track you can all fit in the same row, but again the littles need to be right next to you.

I didn't know this rule and took my 4yo, 2yo, and 11 week old on its a small world. DH was handling the meltdown with DS5 at the time so they didn't come on. I couldn't figure out why the CM was insistent I sit in the middle between the 4 yo and 2yo (baby was in a carrier). But then I learned they need the adult to sit next to the ones under 7.

View attachment 296140

Okay when I read this I immediately thought of this picture of our 16 year old son on Pirates last week. He likes to go off on his own in the parks a lot. For some reason the CM directing guests into the boat thought it made sense to put a single rider in the same row with a family of 4 . . . while there were only two people in the row in front of them. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this picture - the side eye he is giving the camera expressing his displeasure is perfect!! (He's the one on the far left looking less than pleased).
He was probably supposed to wait for the next boat. It happens to me a lot on the safari. Two people get on and the next family of four tries to load, too.

He was probably supposed to wait for the next boat. It happens to me a lot on the safari. Two people get on and the next family of four tries to load, too.

That almost happened to me last year on Big Thunder. I was a single rider waiting for a train. They always line up 2 trains deep on that ride. The 2 women who were going to be in my row (in the train after mine) clearly didn’t speak English. I just knew they were going to try to cram in with me. I’m very small, but there’s still nowhere near enough space for 3 adults in one of those cars and I wasn’t about to be basically in the lap of someone I didn’t know. So when my train came, I got in really fast and pulled the lap bar down as quickly as I could. Sure enough, the confused women were trying to figure out how to get in. A CM saw them and told them to step back. Crisis averted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter