Healthy Living from the INSIDE OUT - May 2016 WISH Challenge

It's woohoo Wednesday!!!!!!

Whether you woke up in the castle suite married to Prince or Princess Charming, with a billion Disney dollars in your wallet, and a BMI of 20, or you just woke up and said, "at least Tuesday is finally over," I know you have something to woohoo about!

Ok I'm just going to slide in with a late woohoo - its already Thursday night for me but I think still Wednesday night for you guys lol - So was at the shops to drop DS off to work and we had not dinner food at home so it was eat out before his shift. I was feeling a little blah and not all that hungry BUT instead of pushing ahead with something like Maccas like I would usually do I opted for a small chicken salad!!! So woohoo to me for listening to my body and hunger level and making a better choice - its a start.

Here's a question for the ladies - what do you think about swim shorts or boy shorts for a woman over 40? I know true board shorts are for your teens and twenties (or if you surf), but what about regular swim shorts? I'm just not sure if I'd look ridiculous.

My boys also had soccer tryouts (first time for the younger) and both made the top teams for their club; one was expected (he's a natural athlete), the other was hard earned (he's moved up from the C team to the B team the A team over the past 4 years). I'm proud of them both and glad tryouts are over. They are always hard for me as I prepare for all the various outcomes and how to address each (this year was the best of both worlds - I was concerned that my younger would make the A team and my older the B team - thinking about how to address that situation was so uncomfortable.) Woo-hoo to avoiding that!

If you want them I think you will be fine - I tend to like swimmers that help be hide my bits these days and the shorts would cover a bit more.

Congrats to your boys on their achievements :cheer2:

This past week has been somewhat eventful. Our middle DD graduated from high school on Friday night and we had a small gathering at the local mexican restaurant (her favorite in town) afterwards. Her party is June 4th, so I've still got a little time to prepare for it.

Oh another baby growing up too fast! Hope she enjoyed her graduation :D

Finally got some pics to load to my Flickr so I could share from our vacation:

My daughter with the beach homes she would like to live in. :)

Gorgeous photo of your daughter - we too wished we could live in some of those beach houses. And I laughed when I saw your picture of the birds - it brought back memories of seeing them on our beach walk on our trip there - we saw that at Hermosa Beach - which beach were you at? Also on the bird topic we couldn't get over how big the seagulls were! We have seagulls here at home but nowhere near as big lol.

I know that nostalgia too. I can't believe my baby starts 8th next year. I want to get her in a few more trips before she feels its not cool to hang out with me doing theme parks and stuff.

Even if she hits that phase I'm sure that she will gravitate back to having fun with mum. Our trip to DL brought my DS back to me and we was 13 at the time of the trip - he had already been going through that phase of walking several steps behind me at the shops and looking mortified at school if I dared looked like I was going to kiss him goodbye :scared1: - but then on our trip I got hugs in line, walking along with me with an arm draped on my shoulder, a random kiss on the cheek all in public :rotfl: but granted far from home. But it carried over when we got home and he's back to walking WITH me and kissed me goodbye in front of the office at High School this morning after a late drop off (but there were kids around) - he's 15 now.

know I've been AWOL this month, but is it ok if I share some woohoos today??

1. I started a part time job this week! Today was my second day but my first actual training shift, and while my anxiety is keeping me from being super over the moon excited right now, I'm really happy about it so far. It's a bakery <3, the co-workers I've met so far all seem to be SO so nice, and it's part time which will allow me to make enough money to hopefully get ahead on some bills but still give me some flexibility to hopefully keep my shop open at the same time.
  2. That also means Disney is a definite for October! We even found a room discount for our dates so we switched for All Star Music with 2 double beds to Pop with a king bed for $30 less. Yay!
  3. My PT job has some leniency with hair colors, so I finally get to color my hair the fun crazy colors I've always wanted it to be but could never have because "professional adult". LOL. It's the little things sometimes, y'all.

All great Woohoos - Congrats on the job, so happy it looks like you can persevere with the shop and last of all what colour are you thinking?!

Good morning all! I have literally one minute to say hello, but I wanted to share my belated WOOHOO Wednesday celebration!!

DS got an invitation to the scholarship awards ceremony at school.... which means he definitely is getting a scholarship!! WOOHOOO!! We think we know which one it is and it isn't a huge amount, but it is still so exciting!

Anyhoooo.... I'm off to ANOTHER day at school.... another day to convince myself that I can make it... I won't quit with just 2 weeks left... but honestly, it is getting harder and harder to convince myself of that every day. I talked with my assistant principal yesterday and she definitely understands I am struggling with this particular student, but I am determined to stick it out. She thanked me for not quitting (without me even saying anything!), so I know she understands. I'm doing for the student.... I want her to have some consistency though the remainder of the year. It has been tough enough with me taking days off plus standardized testing issues.

Anyhow.... gotta dash.... TTYL.............P

We are down a person at work which makes things a bit too busy for my normal check-ins so a belated woohoo Wednesday over here:
- We leave for Disney for the long weekend tomorrow after work!
- I got all the reservations and FP+ I wanted, even if it did mean switching my whole schedule at 7am last Saturday!

Be back later to catch up and answer todays QOTD. That's a good one, and I need to put some thought into it :-)

QOTD - May 26

View attachment 171231

Good morning!!! At the beginning of Inside Out, Riley had five islands of personality - places outside her mind that shaped who she was inside. These included Honesty, Family, Hockeyland, Friendship, and Goofball. These islands changed, contracted, and expanded over the course of the movie and are eventually joined by a few others.

What are some of your islands of personality? Have they changed or transformed through your journey?
Wow, this is actually kind of tough. Let's see...

My Judgement Island is a nicer place to hang out, as I've had some ah ha moments where I realized how tough and judgemental I was being with other people and myself.

Energy Island is much steadier and consistent instead of flashing on and off.

That's really all I'm coming up with.

Talked with my doctor last night and everything is OK and I am feeling much better today. Scale is back up a bit do need to focus on that. I haven't cooked any of my Blue Apron meals yet and need to... One is going to have to wait till I get back from the beach, I think the faro based "salad" will keep the best. I also ordered Kodiac pancake mix and really like it. I'm going to get a waffle maker, because I think I would like that even more than pancakes.

Oh, one delayed woohoo. I've moved to a new desk at work and love it. I'm next to the window now, which is nice in itself, but I'm also at the end of the row so no one is sitting or walking behind me, which is a big thing for me.

Ps... Signed up for MFP, to help make some adjustments.

Last edited:
2009 was the last year for it, and I think 2008 was the last full year for it. NFL construction started in 2009 and ended in 2014 when 7DMT was complete.

ahh okay so it was there more than likely in June 2009 but ended after. I never heard. We moved back here to AZ and I have not made it to Florida since. :( Hopefully this year.

Well last night I got to pace and didn't have to constantly drop back that workout either. So working my way into that pace and will be ready soon to start some speedier parts. I just want my legs to get broken in this one. So I don't over push it.

Off to do some job hunt activities for the day. I'm hoping/praying that something comes up really quick. I'm ready to fully say good buy to the up/down PT game of my current employer.

QOTD - May 26

View attachment 171231

Good morning!!! At the beginning of Inside Out, Riley had five islands of personality - places outside her mind that shaped who she was inside. These included Honesty, Family, Hockeyland, Friendship, and Goofball. These islands changed, contracted, and expanded over the course of the movie and are eventually joined by a few others.

What are some of your islands of personality? Have they changed or transformed through your journey?

For me big islands would probably be stuff like Music and Photography the big two. And yarn work. That one has been less busy as I haven't had much time for it. I've been enjoying walking and really could see a big island of weight lifting. :)

What year though? Because I thought it was still there in 2009. But I could be wrong. I didn't even spend but maybe half the day there. :( Had taken my then boyfriend and his exBIL and his ex BIL had special needs and was getting agitated. I should have sent them home in my car and rode home with my friend. But hind sight. :( How sad that it ended.

I just looked it up. It closed February of 2011. We went with the kids in 2012

QOTD - May 26

View attachment 171231

Hmm ... There's definitely a Sports island. As a kid it was probably playing and watching sports, then as I got older it became watching only ... but now I think the running can be part of sports island.
Probably also a Storybook island, because I love reading, and because I actually used to enjoy writing my own stories (I stopped doing that years ago, though).
Plus ... Joke island ... which is about 75% sarcasm, and 25% actual funny jokes.

This is definitely a tough one ... I'm sure there are other islands, but it's hard to think of something! I'll keep thinking and report back if I come up with anything else.

Good evening friends! Just another breeze through here between cooking, dishes, laundry, and my walk tonight, but I didn't want to let the day end without checking in. Things have been fairly quiet here recently.... I imagine that means that people are busy with end-of-school things, the start of the summer vacation season (for most of us), and just busy life in general!

My Fitbit appears to have died (although I am trying to resuscitate it), so it was hard to convince myself to take a walk tonight because it won't "count".... but I got out the door while dinner was in the oven (tonight was confetti spaghetti squash, but I ate alone since the men are at robotics). I did get the Fitbit to wake up enough to at least sync yesterday's steps and I was super excited because yesterday was a good step day, despite it being a double job day (nearly 17,000). For today it only recorded about 200 steps.... oh well. HOnestly, I thought I"d never really like the Fitbit and I resisted wearing it for SO LONG! Now I love the instant feedback! It is fun to challenge myself.... in fact, I just bumped up my daily goal by 500 steps yesterday to keep me moving more.

Two loads of laundry are waiting for me, so I"ve got to dash. Hoping every one is well and doing great. I'm staying solidly OP with my food, but I've been skipping my evening popcorn snack the last few days and I really miss it! I'll plan to have it over the weekend after a day of hard yard work (with a light beer to wash it down).... something to look forward to! Off to nurse my poison ivy! TTY in the morning.........P

my motivation is running little low. things are really slow this month

Pjlla I love my fitbit too. I like numbers so I keep track on Fitbit Calories burned - MFP and weight loss and I find it takes 9500 calorie (results from last 5 weeks) deficit to loose 1 kg. The theory is you need 7700 so I have a feeling fitbit overestimate burn little

but I still find it great tool and plan to continue using one even after I reach my goal

Happy Friday All

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a weekend.... and it's a LONG weekend! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

And good news.... my FITBIT appears to have survived! Gotta rock the steps today to make up for yesterday (even though I did walk a lot, it doesn't "count" if the FB doesn't track it, right??).

Going to give the scale another opportunity tomorrow morning before I declare an official number (and before I throw the scale out the window and go buy a new one :mad: ).

Need to dash in one minute in order to drop DS off (or have him drop me) and for us both to be on time! I was nearly late yesterday and it isn't a relaxing way to start the day!

No hanging out laundry this morning because they are predicting off/on thundershowers today.... frustrating since I don't want to use the dryer.

Anyhooooo.... running now, but I'll be back later to chat! ..............P

Good Friday morning friends.. Just a quick pop by this morning.. for Islands I would say I def have a "Disney Island" where all my love of Disney stuff hangs and vacation planning lives, I have a "Scrapbooking Island" where I house all my retreats and page planning ideas and then I have a "Cooking/Baking Island" where all my love of cooking and baking lives..

we are getting ready for the park wide yard sale this weekend ,years a go we had to truck all our stuff up front to the office parking lot to sell but in the past 2.5 yrs we've been able to just hold them on our own lots and since we are moving we have some stuff to get out there, altho my parents stayed over Mon - Thur afternoon (they live 2 hrs away and when my dad works down here he sleeps over on our couch and then my mom joined for a few days talk about a full house 12x60 2 bedroom with 4 adults YIKES but I LOVE when they are down here) so we didn't get any packing done this week.. Oh well we'll put out what we have and if we find more as the packing continues off to goodwill with it.. It's supposed to be sunnish and 80 tomorrow then cloudy and cooler Sun..

no new on the new house cluster .. my lady at the mortgage co yesterday said the appraiser got back to them with some information but not everything they asked for again, so this will be the 3rd time they went back to him for more information.. I am beyond flustered at this point but there isn't anything we can do but sit tight. She said it appears once he gets them what they need we should be good for closing.. 14 days I can make it, altho I am hoping that if they get what they need we can close sooner then 6/10 :)

Happy Memorial Day weekend - I'll be back on Tuesday :) :) Hugs and Smiles to all... Michelle

QOTD - May 27

The month of unending rain is over and it seems to be SUMMER!!!! My least favorite season but one I'm pretending to accept with JOY!! Instead of SADNESS and DISGUST at the realization that walking a mile in my work clothes has left me a disheveled mess. At least the pool will be open tomorrow!!!

What fun things do you have planned for summer???

Nothing out of the ordinary this summer other than DS's graduation party (which will NOT be happening if I don't get the invitations mailed in the next few days!) and a niece getting married on 6/11. We will have our usual July 4th celebration on Cape Cod with DH's family and our week at the lake with my family, but sadly DD will probably be lucky to squeak in a few hours at each event because of her research this summer. I'll miss her terribly and it won't be the same without her, but it is totally understandable. And as the "kids" are getting older (there is only one left under 18) and the first one gets married this summer, we all know that our times together will be changing and we will eventually settle into a new "normal". And this research project is SO important for her! I'd rather have her miss our family time because she is busy changing/saving the world instead of just general teen/young adult apathy of not wanting to spend time with family!

Of course, I will probably be working 40+ hours between my summer maintenance job at school, my WW meeting and my 24/7 chat shifts.... plus lots of housework, yard work, and getting DS packed up and ready for dorm life in the fall!! Sounds like fun, doesn't it??:rolleyes: ..........P

Been off and on the last few days - I'll try and catch up before we head to St Louis to take my daughter to the American Girl store (pray for me):

QOTD - May 26

View attachment 171231

Some of my islands:

Family island - it's my most important island.

Football island - it's my favorite activity (both watching and coaching).

Goofball island - love just acting goofy with my kids. I think sometimes my wife would like goofball island to shrink a bit.

Weight loss island - this is a new one for me, but since January weight loss has been a big part of my daily life.

Relax island - it's summer, that means recharge the batteries before next school year!

QOTD - May 27

View attachment 171537

The month of unending rain is over and it seems to be SUMMER!!!! My least favorite season but one I'm pretending to accept with JOY!! Instead of SADNESS and DISGUST at the realization that walking a mile in my work clothes has left me a disheveled mess. At least the pool will be open tomorrow!!!

Not as much as I would like! We will be going down to Gulf Shores, Alabama the first week of August for a vacation with my parents and my brother's family. We are probably going to do a long weekend in Ohio and hit the pro football hall of fame, rock and roll hall of fame, and Cedar Point for some roller coasters.

I really wanted to head to Disney sometime in June, but it just didn't work out.

Other than that, just getting ready for football season. Weight room days start next week and camps start in July.

I got busy packing last night and never came back! So back to yesterday:

QOTD - May 26

View attachment 171231

I definitely have an Adventure Island. I loooooove traveling and am ALWAYS planning a trip (even if it's just a fantasy plan which drives DH nuts haha!).
Also there is Crazy Cat Lady island: Between my cat and the rescues I work with, that island is always busy busy busy.
Family Fun Island: The whole reason I moved from GA-- to be with my cousin who is like my sister. We have become the family planners always getting everyone together which is awesome!

I mentioned before I used to have Artsy island, but that has lost power over the years as I've joined the "real world." Although, I think that's why I love Disney-- the artistry and performance of it all really resonates with me.

As for health related islands.....yeah, this journey hasn't really built up one of those yet to be major parts of my personality. However, I am finding as I am becoming more accepting of myself and happier in the health choices I am making, the other islands are more fulfilled if that makes sense.

also ordered Kodiac pancake mix and really like it. I'm going to get a waffle maker, because I think I would like that even more than pancakes.

I had never heard of this before -- just looked it up and now I am going to be on the lookout! This looks great!

Plus ... Joke island ... which is about 75% sarcasm, and 25% actual funny jokes.

LOL! I can totally relate!

QOTD - May 27

View attachment 171537

I feel like everything slows waaaaaay down for me in the summer. First of all, we are in a super seasonal area-- all the snowbirds are heading back north so the town quiets down a lot. Because a lot of people leave, there isn't a lot of house remodeling going on, which means our business is slower too. DH and I do not travel in the summer (not even to Disney!) due to high heat, high crowds, and high prices! Soooo we usually just get a beach pass and go some weekends. It's funny-- you move near the beach and think you will be there all the time-- nope! This year I am making more of an effort to go though.

But.... we do have one big fun thing planned (well my cousin and I planned it). A big group of our family is going up to the cold springs of central FL for July 4th weekend. We rented a 16 person "camp" with bunk houses and are putting on a "camp" for the kids in the family. The springs are AWESOME that time of year because they are freezing and FL is sweltering. Seriously, if anyone is looking for a day trip away while at Disney, I totally recommend going--they are everywhere up there!

Summer fun for us is just relaxing in our soon to be new house as we have used 2 vacation weeks moving/packing/unpacking.. we are about 1.5 miles from a local beach which we normal spend about every other Sat at then on the other Sat's in the month we travel a little further to a state park beach.. all sundays are reserved for household chores (laundry, lawnmowing, grocery shopping) Oh and once a month June, July and Aug we have tickets to our local AAA baseball team.. No weddings, graduations or anything much going on, which is ok because we have a few bigger things coming in the fall (a friends wedding, a new neice, and my birthday get away) .. Michelle

QOTD - May 27

View attachment 171537

Our summer begins with vacation - June 15-26th (Universal (both parks), Magic Kingdom, 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise, and one final day in Orlando at Epcot). I am getting really excited!

Other than that, we will have a big July 4th celebration, but everything else is low key. Various kids will be going on short trips with their dad (my daughter to Cincinnati for a Zac Brown concert and my boys to the Chelsea game in Ann Arbor). I would have loved to go with to the Chelsea game, but it's the same day we need to pick up my daughter from sleepaway camp and we can't just leave her there! I think we'll be getting a lot of use our of our pool pass! I just like summer for the laid back feel - schedules are less hectic and I don't do as much nagging!

QOTD - May 27

View attachment 171537

Well since summer officially starts Memorial Day Weekend heading down to the beach is my first summer activity. I'm looking forward to some good junking and actually have a list in mind. I'm also planning on going across the river to my favorite quilt store in Canon Beach OR to stock up on quilting fabrics, because I quite simply don't have enough already ;).
It's going to take me all summer to get caught up on yard work, but I am actually looking forward to it. I intend to take more one day road trips and get out and explore more. Plus I'd like to get out camping and hiking several times. I'd like to drop about 15 pounds over the summer, so I'm buying fall clothing in the next smaller size.

Hope all have a fun and relaxing holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter