Healthy Living from the INSIDE OUT - May 2016 WISH Challenge

over the last two weeks I spent 12 days weighing in below a BMI of 25. To me that counts for something.

I think it definitely counts! As you said you have those parts of the month where you are heavier - ugh the joys of womanhood. I'm sure it won't be long before even your heavier part of the month will be below the BMI of 25.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next month.

Good morning!!!! Thank you all so much for sticking with the thread this month. I've been such a rubbish hostess but I know that many of you have overcome challenges, accomplished your goals, or (perhaps most important) just keep moving forward. You are all amazing and I'm a honored to be a part of this group.

QOTD - what have you learned this month that you will carry into next month and beyond?

Maggie - this has been a fantastic month, thank you so much for hosting - granted I am pretty much at 0% but that is all on me letting life get in my way this month. I have really enjoyed exploring the emotions with the help from our friends from "Inside Out" and of course your thought provoking questions accompanying them.

I guess what I will try to take with me is to explore and listen to my emotions more especially when it is related to my eating and to find ways to experience more JOY. This wasn't something new I learned this month - but it was reaffirmed what a great group of supportive, empathetic inspiring people we have on here - I can't tell you how happy I am I stumbled across the January thread and met you all.

Final Weigh-in:

I knew I would probably go up after Sunday's weigh-in and I did. It's not that I ate bad, just that the 7 lbs in a week I lost wasn't totally legit and my body would bounce back.

Anyway, I'm at 245 lbs. Started at 259 lbs and the goal was 14 lbs so I hit the goal exactly. 100% - I'll take it!!!

Great month! Thanks to everyone that participated. Special thanks to @DisPup75 for all the work this month!

Last edited:
QOTD - what have you learned this month that you will carry into next month and beyond?

So, this is an interesting question. My gut reaction was to stick to the weight loss stuff, but I think I learned more from the theme than I did from what I did.
I didn't love the movie Inside Out. But thinking about some of the emotions and how I relate to them ... I think I'm letting the wrong emotions (anger, sadness) control me too much, when I should be working to overcome the difficulties they can cause (as I am with fear). I think that once I learn to use my emotions to motivate me to change rather than letting them control me, everything will be a little easier, including sticking to a healthier lifestyle. So I think that will play a factor in my goals for next month.

I didn't get a chance to step on the scale before breakfast today, so I'm sticking with Friday's check-in of 33% for my final check-in. It's not quite goal, but it's certainly better than nothing and I'm really happy about it!

Thanks for an awesome month, @DisPup75! Even though I didn't participate as much as I wanted some weeks, it was great to be a part of this awesome group (especially with an awesome theme this month!), and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you next month too!

Hi Everyone. Was a busy weekend away for Memorial Day. I am at 87% for the month. Not bad:) I also managed to lose a few pounds this month which is the first time in a while. I think what changed was really tracking faithfully, and giving myself permission to be honest with it and not be upset on days I went over. Before, I'd avoid tracking on bad days. But by seeing the damage on over days I used it as motivation. I'd say, okay, I indulged in x or y today, but I am going to stay right on goal to undo the damage the next few days. Before, by ignoring the truth, it would happen more often than I wanted to admit. Food and celebration are a big part of my life. I have got to learn to incorporate them in ways that i can live with.

Thanks @DisPup75 for a great month. I loved the theme and it definitely helped me think some emotions through more!

Weighed myself in after the amazing week at Disney World and... I lost 3 pounds. I must be the only person who can go to WDW and manage to lose weight! :rotfl:

Ending the month at 100% of exercise days complete and at 141 pounds.

I don't even know... :confused3

What have I learned this month? That its OK to be in a holding pattern for a little while mid-journey. And that trips and vacations present a new set of food challenges and that healthy choices may not be weight loss choices... But if you are going to be eating more make sure it's nutritious.

Thanks @DisPup75 for the great job hosting!

The Memorial weekend trip to the beach was a success... My Sister got the restorative time she needed. We had fun junking at the garage sales, talking to people we wouldn't normally connect to, and going to some neighborhoods and houses we wouldn't normally go to. We connected with a friend of my Dad's who we hadn't seen since Dad's funeral in 2001. My Sister got to ask him a bunch of questions and hear some good stories which was important to her. Two of the three days were good weather and even the drive home yesterday was OK. And I weigh basically the same, despite some pretty significant meals.

Haven't chosen new goals for June yet. I've got a minor health thing going on that I'm trying to corral, so that'll be a point of focus.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend... On to June we go!

QOTD - May 31

This month included a week at Disney World and a 10K race... so I was all over the spectrum. WDW taught me to follow my body's cues. Was I really feeling full? Should I eat that treat? I listened to my body and recognized when I could no longer eat and this worked for me! I've also discovered I'm not a "sweets" person any more and desserts weren't too appealing. (What!?) Ice cream is still my weakness but I didn't go crazy and just indulged when I felt like it but mostly stuck to the routine.

The 10K race was great for me to learn I can run long distances without stopping. I did 1:19:59 without stopping - that's really something and now has given me confidence going into this weekend with the goal of a 2:59:59 finish for my half marathon.

Anyway, I'm at 245 lbs. Started at 259 lbs and the goal was 14 lbs so I hit the goal exactly. 100% - I'll take it!!!

Congratulations on your success! You also completed your first 5K and are on your way to a 10K! You had an amazing month and I am excited to see where the next month takes you!

So, this is an interesting question. My gut reaction was to stick to the weight loss stuff, but I think I learned more from the theme than I did from what I did.
I didn't love the movie Inside Out. But thinking about some of the emotions and how I relate to them ... I think I'm letting the wrong emotions (anger, sadness) control me too much, when I should be working to overcome the difficulties they can cause (as I am with fear). I think that once I learn to use my emotions to motivate me to change rather than letting them control me, everything will be a little easier, including sticking to a healthier lifestyle. So I think that will play a factor in my goals for next month.

I love this take and perspective. Once I read this I realized that sometimes I let Disgust manage my console too much and it prevents me from actually enjoying the moment and the process. Thanks for helping me realize something that I hadn't recognized in myself.

What have I learned this month? That its OK to be in a holding pattern for a little while mid-journey. And that trips and vacations present a new set of food challenges and that healthy choices may not be weight loss choices... But if you are going to be eating more make sure it's nutritious.

So true! Sometimes you'll be in a holding pattern and others you won't. Travel is difficult but you'll learn what works for you as you do more of it.

Congratulations on your success! You also completed your first 5K and are on your way to a 10K! You had an amazing month and I am excited to see where the next month takes you!

Thanks! I actually ran my first 10k this past weekend. I ended up finishing at 1:20:23 and didn't walk. I also wasn't last, which I know doesn't matter, but I was really hoping I wouldn't be last. I actually started last (when the 5k runners and 10k runners split up, all the people behind me were 5k runners), but I was able to pass some people.

Doing another 5k this weekend: The French Fried 5k - http://frenchfried5kfestival.com

Loved seeing the pics of your trip. I could look at Disney vacation pics all day!

Thanks! I actually ran my first 10k this past weekend. I ended up finishing at 1:20:23 and didn't walk. I also wasn't last, which I know doesn't matter, but I was really hoping I wouldn't be last. I actually started last (when the 5k runners and 10k runners split up, all the people behind me were 5k runners), but I was able to pass some people.

That's fantastic - I think my 10K was 1:19:59 so we're about the same pace :D Congrats on being able to monitor your speed and run the entire thing. You rocked it!

That's fantastic - I think my 10K was 1:19:59 so we're about the same pace :D Congrats on being able to monitor your speed and run the entire thing. You rocked it!

Thanks. I think I kind of like the 10k better. I like that pace and the length is just right for me. I try and pick up the pace on my 5k's (did a practice one this morning), but going faster isn't my strong suit!

Thanks. I think I kind of like the 10k better. I like that pace and the length is just right for me. I try and pick up the pace on my 5k's (did a practice one this morning), but going faster isn't my strong suit!

I think the 10K is the perfect distance as well. You start to get into the groove of things by about mile 2 on a race and then you can cruise for 4 miles. Not too short and not too long, like a half marathon.

Checking in after our long weekend away: I haven't gotten on the scale since we got back (we got back at 2am last night and I was not even thinking about the scale!), but I am feeling good about this trip-- better than usual at least. DH and I really slowed up on our fun eating at Disney. We shared almost everything-- we even shared a croque glace even though we could have easily had one to ourselves! The only time we did not split a meal was at Tusker House LOL I felt so much better NOT eating a full "Disney-sized portion!" And you know what-- it was always enough. Oops -- I forgot and lied-- I did NOT split my Sprinkles cupcake!!! Yummmmm! Also, we spent a lot of time in Animal Kingdom this trip. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like healthy options are just soooo easy to find there compared to every where else. I had veggies, hummus, or fruit for every snack barely looking for healthy alternatives to the Mickey pretzels and ice creams.

At any rate, I'm going to be optimistic and let my final number be last week's number: 75%
I know I didn't loose, but I am hoping I didn't gain. I will start fresh next month.

QOTD - May 31

Good morning!!!! Thank you all so much for sticking with the thread this month. I've been such a rubbish hostess but I know that many of you have overcome challenges, accomplished your goals, or (perhaps most important) just keep moving forward. You are all amazing and I'm a honored to be a part of this group.

Also - don't forget final check-ins if you haven't already done them!

This month was a LOT about balance for me. I was still able to loose without too much deprivation. The whole theory on "best weight" really resonates with me. My attempts in the past have not been successful because they were quick fixes based on super deprivation. I'm being the tortoise and not the hare this time, but I am more confident that I can win the overall race of a healthier lifestyle by balancing the sometimes and the always foods in a way that makes me happy and still able to enjoy celebratory eating and drinking with family.

@DisPup75 Thank you so much for hosting-- I really enjoyed the theme and the super thought provoking questions :-)

So stress today was at an all time high. Almost to a point of a melt down this morning. I held it together though. 2 more days of intense training and packing and then I can relax.

In the rush of getting out of the house I forgot to weigh myself. I am pretty sure I am at the same weight or gained 1 pound. Hopefully I will remember tomorrow.

My final check-in for the month is down 7.5 pounds which puts me at 75% of my 10 pound goal. I was hoping for a bigger loss month right before we head to Hawaii, but it's ok. I'm seeing the same thing this time - slower weight loss, but hopefully will be permanent this time. Since February 16th, I've lost 27.5 pounds and it's been pretty steady. Usually 1 or 2 pounds per week, so I need to learn to be happy with that.

It's so true that we all need to find a plan that work for us for the rest of our lives. Now that our kids are getting older, DH and I eat out a lot more than we used to and I've been fitting that into my plan ok. Not always the best choices, but something I'd be willing to do forever.

Thanks so much for the super fun theme this month! When we saw the movie in the theater when it came out, it was one of my favorites and you've made me think about it all again. It's a movie that really makes you think!

Looking forward to next month and trying to decide what to do about my goal since I'll be gone from June 16th-the end of the month. Hopefully I can lose a few more before we leave and maybe come back at the weight I'm starting the month at. I'm not really sure.

Ok, I am still at 0% for my final weigh in!

@DisPup75 thank you so much for hosting this wonderful challenge! It was such a great theme that lend to so many really thought provoking questions. It will be hard to follow up! I know this was a stressful month for you, but we all appreciate that you stuck it out with us! I know how hard it is to keep it up for a whole month, so again: Big Thank You!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!