Heads up for the August Crowd - Park Hour Updates

I posted a thread just a little while ago about August park hours changes as sent to me by Touring Plans. Has opening and closing hours for all parks during our short stay Aug 11-15, if anyone needs those hours!

FWIW....

11pm MK closings in August 2017: 0
11pm MK closings in August 2018 at the moment: 10 (and 11pm-1am EMHs on three nights, there were only 10pm-12am EMHs last August)

I know many have griped about the shorter August hours in recent years... at least for the moment it would appear things are looking a bit better this year. :-)

We are so happy. We love MK late at night - less intense heat in the summer. So glad that it is going back to the way it used to be - or at least partially.

FWIW....

11pm MK closings in August 2017: 0
11pm MK closings in August 2018 at the moment: 10 (and 11pm-1am EMHs on three nights, there were only 10pm-12am EMHs last August)

I know many have griped about the shorter August hours in recent years... at least for the moment it would appear things are looking a bit better this year. :-)
Indeed. I griped and griped and griped AND wrote Disney multiple times. So, you’re welcome. :P

We’re going at the same time this year and we’re happy to get the TP notification the other day. Nothing beats more time after the sun goes down in Aug.

That said, longer hours correspond to higher guest attendance estimates! (sad trombone, I know, sorry!)

But I still think it's great. Thanks for posting!
And yet some other threads were positing lower crowds based on some promos, I think (I didn’t buy it, personally). I’ll be curious to compare. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Urgh, definitely nervous this means they are anticipating higher crowds (MK and AK hours were extended later every night our trip).

On the bright side, no changes to morning hours means my PPO breakfasts are still good to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter