Heads up for the August Crowd - Park Hour Updates

FWIW....

11pm MK closings in August 2017: 0
11pm MK closings in August 2018 at the moment: 10 (and 11pm-1am EMHs on three nights, there were only 10pm-12am EMHs last August)

I know many have griped about the shorter August hours in recent years... at least for the moment it would appear things are looking a bit better this year. :-)

Afternoon parade changed to 2pm on August 17th as well. Mentioning because I have been watching that for our re-entry plans. :)

Yay both our MK days got extended by an hour! At least the second one we'll take advantage, the first we'll probably still do rides during the fireworks and then head out.

Wonder if this means they are expecting larger crowds.

Several August AK closings pushed to 9:30pm vs 8:30pm. A couple of 8am openings on Saturdays (along with 7am EMHs).

Keep watching over the next few days for FoP FPs to open up if AK hours changed on your dates!

That said, longer hours correspond to higher guest attendance estimates! (sad trombone, I know, sorry!)

But I still think it's great. Thanks for posting!

FWIW....

11pm MK closings in August 2017: 0
11pm MK closings in August 2018 at the moment: 10 (and 11pm-1am EMHs on three nights, there were only 10pm-12am EMHs last August)

I know many have griped about the shorter August hours in recent years... at least for the moment it would appear things are looking a bit better this year. :-)
the only August we aren't going. Go figure lol

I'm not sure if I am bummed or relieved that virtually nothing changed for when we'll be there (last week of the month).

Just posted a thread on this a few days ago, lol.

Do we think they're not likely to change again? I have a trip at the beginning of August and would love to nitpick my schedule details, but have been afraid they'd switch things up again. I know it could ALWAYS change, but it's not super likely to now, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter