HEADS UP... Disney just changed the EMH schedule for July all the way thru Dec...

I think it's interesting that in a era where you have to pre-plan everything so far in advance, they decided to do this EMH change up. It seems like the MK pm extra hours were on Sunday and Friday for the longest time. Now the sudden change :confused3 and there is no explanation as to why they're switching to Saturday? We plan on going to DTD that Saturday night, the next Saturday we are returning home. It's disappointing, but we have our days set and with only one ADR, we are not affected as much as others. A little pixie dust for all of us pixiedust:

Except for July. They originally had five EMH nights scheduled, now there are only three. Not only do we lose out on EMH, we also have the least amount of time to make any changes to our plans.

In July, they are offering evening EMH on the 3rd, 6th, 19th, and 26th. So they are still offering them every week, just not every seven days. I agree that it sucks, just pointing out that they have not actually decreased EMH hours unless they were previously offering them more than once a week.

The changes are fairly beneficial to our trip. EMH are til 1 a.m. on our arrival day. We weren't planning on going to the parks at all that day. This will make it worthwhile. The only negative would be ADR's. I probably would have booked something different.

Even though it worked out for me I totally understand everyone's frustration! I would be roaring mad if it messed up my planning.

In July, they are offering evening EMH on the 3rd, 6th, 19th, and 26th. So they are still offering them every week, just not every seven days. I agree that it sucks, just pointing out that they have not actually decreased EMH hours unless they were previously offering them more than once a week.

You are right about the 26th. I was going by the DIS calendar that has the 26th as a morning EMH, but the official website has it listed as evening. So they went from originally having 5 days in July to 4, not 3. Still bothers me.

Yeah, that stinks for people who are travelling within the next 2-3 months and have their plans set. If you're anything like me, you'd have changed all your ADRs 15 times before your trip anyhow, so rearranging them is old hat.
Which reminds me...I have to go rearrange some ADRs for December just for fun.

How about those of us who are traveling in 2 weeks and now don't have late EMH's at MK on Sat (July 12) or Sunday (July 13). I am there 9 days with no late EMH at MK. This is unacceptable. And with it being 2 weeks away there are very few ADR's remaining for me to change and very difficult to change FP's i made 6 weeks ago and get even remotely what i want.

How about those of us who are traveling in 2 weeks and now don't have late EMH's at MK on Sat (July 12) or Sunday (July 13). I am there 9 days with no late EMH at MK. This is unacceptable. And with it being 2 weeks away there are very few ADR's remaining for me to change and very difficult to change FP's i made 6 weeks ago and get even remotely what i want.

I agree that's totally unacceptable. Especially since some who booked onsite for EMH privileges are past the point at which they could move off-site without a penalty.

You are right about the 26th. I was going by the DIS calendar that has the 26th as a morning EMH, but the official website has it listed as evening. So they went from originally having 5 days in July to 4, not 3. Still bothers me.

I was wondering that as well.

Is that calendar still the old one?

It shows 9 nights in July are 1 hour less at MK closing compared to WDW. :confused3

Did they add one hour to 9 nights in July at MK?

We are in the same boat. I sent an email to WDW today expressing my disappointment in their decision. The late night at MK is always one of our favorite evenings, and I am very unhappy that they will not have one during our one week stay.
If you are interested in sending an email as well, here is the link in case you don't have it:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

The idea that someone could be there for 12 straight days and not get a single EMH evening is unimaginable. Certainly "unmagical". Case in point...

Totally unacceptable. There was a day Disney never would have pulled this sort of nonsense. I can't help but envision a room full of MBAs or CPAs computing what the acceptable level of collateral damage will be with every move they make.

There are only 3 evening EMH at Mk in September. None at all the first weekend when they are having NOJ. Of course, that is the weekend I will be there!! NO evening EMH at MK from August 30-Sept 13. I would guess they are starting the painful process of doing away with the EMH. Make sure you write them and let them know if you are annoyed!! :furious:

The earliest MK is now closing is 11 pm. And many nights it is open until midnight. From what is posted on the front page of the Disboards, they took away emh but extended the regular park hours. They didn't just take but added too. Not all negative.

The earliest MK is now closing is 11 pm. And many nights it is open until midnight. From what is posted on the front page of the Disboards, they took away emh but extended the regular park hours. They didn't just take but added too. Not all negative.

I don't think I need to get into all of the negatives, because those of us who mapped out our vacation an woke up at 6am 180 days in advance for dining & 60 days in advance for fast passes in order to schedule everything to fit where we will be those days based in the EMH are already aware. That is my biggest complaint, but there is now another issue. Disney has been advertising, and as a DVC member we were sold on the fact, that travelers staying in property will have extended hours, which although busy will be reduced since only those staying on property will be admitted in. All of us who have watched the rush when EMH end and the gates open to everyone know the difference. The issue is not only the amount of time in the park, but also the amount of time in the park with peak crowds.

Does anyone think that this change in EMH may have something to do with the new Monorail Hours?

We just got back from a early June trip so I don't have to deal with this, but I can really empathize with the frustration of planning ADRs and Park days 180 days in advance only to have them change the EMH. Especially those who are going in July.

Maxiesmom, I know you are trying to be positive but for some, this stinks. We planned around those EMH so that we could arrive later in the day, meet friends from Michigan which we only see once a year, planned an ADR with them and then late park fun. The reason for the afternoon arrival is that they will be coming in that day from a 4 day Disney Cruise. Like I said, some of us cannot switch things out. Our vacation was strategically planned according to Disney's ADR rules, FP reservations at 60 days out and Disney's calendar. Disney does have the right to change things but if they are making it so that guests have to "PLAN" out their vacation then Disney should NOT be changing things like EMH less than 180 days out. The bottom line is, if we knew 180 days ago, we could have planned our park touring differently. I fail to see the positives. It's not like we can take our entire vacation and simply switch things around. ADR's for popular dining is pretty much gone and the same goes for FP's. Switching the days one tours each park can be near impossible this late in the game, especially if you do not have hoppers.

Yep, we're among the "lucky" ones who booked at BLT for the monorail (which is now limited) and scheduled our trip around EMH (which are now changed) and shuffled around impossible to get ADRs and FPs so that we could make the most of our trip. We leave in two weeks, right in that magical 12 day period where there is no EMH evening for MK, and I REALLY hope the DIS calendar, which lists DHS as an 8:30 close on 7/12 is just a typo (Disney still has it as 10).

Needless to say, I'm writing my letter now. We've been stressed out enough trying to fit the puzzle pieces, and moving hours around - even if they added them elsewhere - is like adding new pieces into the pile complicating it even further.

I don't think I need to get into all of the negatives, because those of us who mapped out our vacation an woke up at 6am 180 days in advance for dining & 60 days in advance for fast passes in order to schedule everything to fit where we will be those days based in the EMH are already aware. That is my biggest complaint, but there is now another issue. Disney has been advertising, and as a DVC member we were sold on the fact, that travelers staying in property will have extended hours, which although busy will be reduced since only those staying on property will be admitted in. All of us who have watched the rush when EMH end and the gates open to everyone know the difference. The issue is not only the amount of time in the park, but also the amount of time in the park with peak crowds.

It simply cannot be said any better than that. For the past five months, in conjunction with the rollout of FP+ and MDE, we have been bombarded with ads touting the benefits of staying on site. Locking in FPs and exclusive hours are chief among those perks. And on the heels of that advertising campaign we get this??

Well, if you call and complain, they might let you cancel your trip without a penalty...

I hate to admit it, but even though we'll be there for 10 days in July with no EMH in the evening for Magic Kingdom, I guess I'm a bit confused as to why this is such an issue. Yes, it sucks that it's another cutback and I find it absurd that they would go more than a full week with no EMH at the most popular park. However, every day of our trip, the MK is open until at least 11:00PM, some nights 12:00 or 1:00. I guess I just don't see how those extra 2 hours we're losing is going to mess up any ADR's.

However, every day of our trip, the MK is open until at least 11:00PM, some nights 12:00 or 1:00. I guess I just don't see how those extra 2 hours we're losing is going to mess up any ADR's.

During my trip, the park will only be open until 9pm on each night. I was looking forward to staying at the park until at least 10 or so; if the regular hours went until at least then I wouldn't mind too much. Ah well, life will go on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter