HEADS UP... Disney just changed the EMH schedule for July all the way thru Dec...

Bummer I had planned on Nov 18th for extra evening hours at MK ; ( oh well just have to make it work : )

This changes my plans for Monday September 29 which USED TO have PM EMH so I'm moving MK to Saturday the 27 I LOVE MK at 12-1am!
Just wish it stayed for Monday :/

I'm in the 12 day July window. We're there 7 days and not a single evening MK EMH. The lone morning EMH is the day after we arrive, a day where we will have been up since 3am traveling and will be unbelievably difficult to get 15 people awake and ready for RD, let alone EMH. While MK is open until midnight four days during our trip, they're all weekdays (one the day we leave) and make no logical sense to me at all... Why would you purposely try to curb weekend traffic by closing the park at 11pm Fri-Sun during your peak season?

Maxiesmom, I know you are trying to be positive but for some, this stinks. We planned around those EMH so that we could arrive later in the day, meet friends from Michigan which we only see once a year, planned an ADR with them and then late park fun. The reason for the afternoon arrival is that they will be coming in that day from a 4 day Disney Cruise. Like I said, some of us cannot switch things out. Our vacation was strategically planned according to Disney's ADR rules, FP reservations at 60 days out and Disney's calendar. Disney does have the right to change things but if they are making it so that guests have to "PLAN" out their vacation then Disney should NOT be changing things like EMH less than 180 days out. The bottom line is, if we knew 180 days ago, we could have planned our park touring differently. I fail to see the positives. It's not like we can take our entire vacation and simply switch things around. ADR's for popular dining is pretty much gone and the same goes for FP's. Switching the days one tours each park can be near impossible this late in the game, especially if you do not have hoppers.

The poster I had quoted was talking about the night time EMHs. One of the front pages of the Dis states that many park hours were extended when they took away the night time EMH. So, depending on when you are going, you may have actually gained a few hours.

I just don't want people to see this thread and automatically assume they were shafted. We all really need to look at the details. Some people may have gained more than they lost. That is all I was trying to say.

Thank you OP for the news. I checked ourEMH hours and the evening MK hours changed nights. Fortunately, it only impacts us slightly, but I had hoped if the kids were feeling awake we could speak another couple hours in.

So I get up at midnight to set up fast passes sixty days in advance to plan exactly what park and what ride I want to be on two months from now (around the EMH no less)- and now the hours change? I am so less than thrilled (to say the very least)! I had already skipped renewing my APs this year after experiencing FP plus. Not sure what my breaking straw will be to make be go somewhere else- but I feel that straw starting to poke me.

I don't understand having to get up at Midnight to do FP+? I think a lot of people are making more of a palaver of it than it needs to be.

We're staying on site and actually schedule our parks to MISS EMH days... :crazy2:
I'm hoping the moves don't change the 'recommended' days as our parks, ADR's and FP+'s are all scheduled around them.

I don't understand having to get up at Midnight to do FP+? I think a lot of people are making more of a palaver of it than it needs to be.

Well- I got up at midnight and still couldn't get the fast passes I wanted for my first two days on site. Have you tried to get Anna and Elsa or 7DmT fast passes for the first couple of days during your trip? Luckily, I was able to get them later in my trip. When I tried to switch then to a different time, just two days later- those experiences were not available at all. Do you understand now? I stopped going to ADR restaurants because I didn't want the hassle of being at a certain park at one certain time of the day. You think I want to plan out what ride I want to be on three times a day during vacation- months in advance- just so I can not stand in a line for an hour... And get up at midnight two months in advance to do it??? If so- you are mistaken.

I hate to admit it, but even though we'll be there for 10 days in July with no EMH in the evening for Magic Kingdom, I guess I'm a bit confused as to why this is such an issue. Yes, it sucks that it's another cutback and I find it absurd that they would go more than a full week with no EMH at the most popular park. However, every day of our trip, the MK is open until at least 11:00PM, some nights 12:00 or 1:00. I guess I just don't see how those extra 2 hours we're losing is going to mess up any ADR's.

For my trip in December it went from showing EMH from 10:00pm - 12:00pm to now showing it's open till 10. I still feel like there will be a mad rush to leave after Wishes is over. And even if people do stay till closing, there's not a whole lot of time to do much of anything. For me it stinks because I love that feeling when a park closes, and you get to stay!!! The lines are close to non-existent, and you can ride your favorites over and over again!!! That's the best part for us that we will miss.

Well no evening EMH at MK for my 8 day trip in September. Parks are not open until midnight every night in September either. In fact, MK closes at 7 PM 3 times during those 8 days due to Night of Joy.

The idea that someone could be there for 12 straight days and not get a single EMH evening is unimaginable. Certainly "unmagical". Case in point...

I'm not saying that it's acceptable. If I was going during that time, I might be upset too. I'm just saying that Disney is not technically reducing EMH. And during that time in July, the MK will be open until midnight or 1 am most of that time, which is later than it was open during the same period in 2013.

There are only 3 evening EMH at Mk in September. None at all the first weekend when they are having NOJ. Of course, that is the weekend I will be there!! NO evening EMH at MK from August 30-Sept 13. I would guess they are starting the painful process of doing away with the EMH. Make sure you write them and let them know if you are annoyed!! :furious:

Probably becuase they are offering EMH on Sunday August 31st. They are keeping MK open til 10 pm on several nightduring your stay, which is later than it will be open most of time that I am there.

This changes my plans for Monday September 29 which USED TO have PM EMH so I'm moving MK to Saturday the 27 I LOVE MK at 12-1am!
Just wish it stayed for Monday :/

We will be there then too. Would love to stay until 1 am on the 27th, but we have BBB reservation for 8 am the next morning.

I'm not saying that it's acceptable. If I was going during that time, I might be upset too. I'm just saying that Disney is not technically reducing EMH. And during that time in July, the MK will be open until midnight or 1 am most of that time, which is later than it was open during the same period in 2013.

Probably becuase they are offering EMH on Sunday August 31st. They are keeping MK open til 10 pm on several nightduring your stay, which is later than it will be open most of time that I am there.

We will be there then too. Would love to stay until 1 am on the 27th, but we have BBB reservation for 8 am the next morning.

But isn't one of the big reasons some stay onsite so they can have access to the parks at a time it is not available to everyone staying offsite? I could see this making offsite people happy. But seriously, Disney must think their onsite people are stupid, or perhaps their onsite bookings are high enough they don't care........

Just checked for our trip the last week of July. Only change for us is that they added MK evening EMH on Sat, Aug 2. That's a change I can deal with!

But isn't one of the big reasons some stay onsite so they can have access to the parks at a time it is not available to everyone staying offsite? I could see this making offsite people happy. But seriously, Disney must think their onsite people are stupid, or perhaps their onsite bookings are high enough they don't care........

I'm going with the bolded part.

Again, I'm not saying that it's acceptable and as a an uber-planner myself, I can understand why people are frustrated. But some people are making it sounds like Disney is cutting onsite benefits for everyone, which is not true. These changes do leave gaps during some stays. Everyone stays onsite for different reasons. We like to stay onsite, but EMH is not a deciding factor for us, especially once they reduced PM EMH to 2 hours. I heard somewhere that most people book their Disney vacation 14 weeks in advance. I think Disney knows that the uber-planners are in the minority and just assumes we will come anyway.

I realize now that I have chosen the absolute worst seven day window possible for my trip. All of the changes begin during our trip. In addition to having no evening EMH at MK (which is why I booked our last 3 nights at BLT to begin with), there are no 1:00 nights either. All MK hours are either 11 or 12, and the only MK 12:00 night while we are staying at BLT is the same night that they are offering EMH evening hours until midnight at HS. How nice that we are spending our first 4 nights at BWV, without any EMH nights at HS.

I have cancelled an ADR for Narcoossee's, which was scheduled for the evening of our EMH night at MK. No time for that now. I've also rearranged the FP's that I could, though some have no more FP's available.

Not much else I can do with our trip being only 11 days away, except hope for a little :wizard:!

We will still have a great time, but I can't help but feel disappointed in Disney's lack of consideration for their guests.

Again, I'm not saying that it's acceptable and as a an uber-planner myself, I can understand why people are frustrated. But some people are making it sounds like Disney is cutting onsite benefits for everyone, which is not true. These changes do leave gaps during some stays. Everyone stays onsite for different reasons. We like to stay onsite, but EMH is not a deciding factor for us, especially once they reduced PM EMH to 2 hours. I heard somewhere that most people book their Disney vacation 14 weeks in advance. I think Disney knows that the uber-planners are in the minority and just assumes we will come anyway.

Well, my onsite benefits got cut and I don't consider open later at night to compensate at all for EMH. Glad it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me!!

I am frustrated for all of you that have trips in a few weeks. The changes impacted our schedule and our trip isn't until Sept. I can only imagine how upsetting it is if your trip is in July. I am sure you will still have a great time, but that isn't the point...IMO the frustration you are feeling is justified and should be acknowledged and not dismissed.

We have a trip in August and December that I have carefully planned and they both are affected. It will make us park hop more for EMH which doesn't matter cause we are AP. I'm not happy about it but I'm rolling with the punches and adapting. It's not gonna ruin our trip... It does upset me though... Resort booked 12-10 months out... Dining booked 180 days out.... FP booked 60 days out... Oh but disney can change anything when ever they want...

Is the dis calendar from 2013 correct?

It says for this July, the MK is open 28 regular hours after 11PM, and for July 2013 MK was only open 3 regular hours after 11PM.

That's an increase of 25 extra regular park hour evenings over last year.

Each year had 4 evening EMH-not sure if last year was 2 or 3 hours-so they at best could pick up 4 hours-or 21 hours more this year than last year.

2013 (open 3 hours after 11PM)

11PM 29 nights
12AM 1 night
1AM 1 night

2014 (open 28 hours after 11PM)

11PM 10 nights
12AM 14 nights
1AM 7 nights

2013 EMH 4 nights in addition

2014 EMH 4 nights in addition

Still should not be moving around the EMH nights on short notice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter