Have you tried "Vegetable Noodles"?

Love veggie noodles. I use spaghetti squash or zucchini. I just use a julienne peeler on the zucchini. I have found that I like my veggie noodles a bit crunchy so I always saute them up with a little olive oil and garlic. Then I add sauce.

A new one I tried this weekend that was a pinterest success was zucchini ravioli! I used a regular peeler to create long planks. I crossed 2 filled with ricotta and herbs, folded up sides to make a package. Bake in oven at 350. I added the step of dipping in a little egg and breadcrumbs (crunchy issues again) these were delicious!

Love veggie noodles. I use spaghetti squash or zucchini. I just use a julienne peeler on the zucchini. I have found that I like my veggie noodles a bit crunchy so I always saute them up with a little olive oil and garlic. Then I add sauce.

A new one I tried this weekend that was a pinterest success was zucchini ravioli! I used a regular peeler to create long planks. I crossed 2 filled with ricotta and herbs, folded up sides to make a package. Bake in oven at 350. I added the step of dipping in a little egg and breadcrumbs (crunchy issues again) these were delicious!
My wife made zucchini lasagna last week. Very good.

I eat spaghetti squash in place of noodles about 9 out of 10 times.

Yes, it takes a little longer to cook, but you don't need a special tool to make it.

I purchased a Vegetti tool that was "supposed" to be able to make noodles from squash, zucchini, etc. It was horrible so also looking for a better tool for this!
I had one of the hand Vegetti's and it was terrible. I bought a bigger one that suctions onto the counter and it's much better! I like zoodles, I should do them more often.

I make spaghetti squash weekly. Throw homemade sauce in crockpot, frozen, homemade meatballs, and a whole, washed spaghetti squash. Cook all day on low. Take out squash, slice in half and de-seed. Then shred. Easier, by far, than boiling noodles....and much healthier, too!

I love zucchini noodles, too. I have yet to meet a veg I don't love.

I make spaghetti squash weekly. Throw homemade sauce in crockpot, frozen, homemade meatballs, and a whole, washed spaghetti squash. Cook all day on low. Take out squash, slice in half and de-seed. Then shred. Easier, by far, than boiling noodles....and much healthier, too!

I love zucchini noodles, too. I have yet to meet a veg I don't love.
Does the flavor of the sauce cook into the squash when you make it that way?

I really like the flavor of a roasted squash. In fact, after starting to roast it, I haven't put it in the microwave since.

DH loves gadgets, so we got a Spiralizer. It's been a while. I tend to only use zucchini for noodles, they are so good sautéed in a bit of olive oil with garlic, then some protein. Usually when we have shrimp. I don't eat gluten, and we try to keep the carbs down, so it's our go to when we want pasta sauce.

We get Miracle Noodles. Low carbs and a very passable substitute.

Where do you find these?

I eat low carb so I always do zoodles in place of actual noodles. I just saute them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
I have the Vegetti plus (or pro, can't remember). Its the one with crank, works great.
I also use it to make carrot and cucumber noodles. I've used it to make potato spirals too to deep fry for the guys in the house that don't eat low carb.

We have an attachment for the KitchenAid that makes zoodles in record time. We had a Spiralizer that I liked but we use it at least once a week so we got the Kitchenaid one

We have the Veggetti Pro which we use quite frequently and like it. We've only used it for zucchini and yellow squash. It did not work well with a cucumber. It does come with 3 interchangeable plates so you can cut them thicker depending on how you like it, but we really only use one. It's also a bit annoying to clean. But I've seen some band reviews on the hand Veggetti, and I will say the Pro works great and is super easy to use.

Where do you find these?

I eat low carb so I always do zoodles in place of actual noodles. I just saute them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
I have the Vegetti plus (or pro, can't remember). Its the one with crank, works great.
I also use it to make carrot and cucumber noodles. I've used it to make potato spirals too to deep fry for the guys in the house that don't eat low carb.
They have their own website to order from.

We have the Veggetti Pro which we use quite frequently and like it. We've only used it for zucchini and yellow squash. It did not work well with a cucumber. It does come with 3 interchangeable plates so you can cut them thicker depending on how you like it, but we really only use one. It's also a bit annoying to clean. But I've seen some band reviews on the hand Veggetti, and I will say the Pro works great and is super easy to use.
THat's the one I use now. I saw it on sale at Walgreens for less than $10 so I snapped it up.

I tried the Veggetti device, but found it unsatisfactory. A separate interchangeable blade on my mandolin works much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter