Have you tried "Vegetable Noodles"?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
They are not actually noodles, but they are cut like noodles & they seem to be the new craze. We bought squash & zucchini "noodles" tonight & served them in a stir fry with sesame oil & I have to say I really enjoyed them! They have sort of a soft texture like noodles. We served the dish with brown rice. I"m thinking of buying a vegetable spiral tool to make them myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has delved into the world of vegetable "noodles" & what other recipes you've tried?

Oddly enough we're having dinner tonight of veggie noodles (squash, sweet corn & carrot) with ground turkey in a garlic sauce. It's super healthy and the kids love it - with the benefit of the veggies hidden in the spaghetti :)

Which tool do you use to spiral the zucchini?

I just have one of the little hand held spiralizers. I don't remember the exact brand but they're all over Amazon for $9-12.

If I made the noodles more often or was doing more than about 6 such in at once I may look for a tabletop version with a crank. The little ones are a workout!

Which tool do you use to spiral the zucchini?
I purchased a Vegetti tool that was "supposed" to be able to make noodles from squash, zucchini, etc. It was horrible so also looking for a better tool for this!

The Veggetti works fine for me. I've also used a julienne peeler.

There is a deluxe Veggetti model with a crank and many other more expensive "spiralizers" you can buy.

I love the zucchini noodles; I sauté them with olive oil and garlic and add diced tomatoes. Served by itself or mixed with real pasta (spaghetti, linguine or fettucine) and a little parmesan cheese. I've also done carrots, sweet potatoes and apples.

Last edited:
The Veggetti works fine for many other more expensive "spiralizers". lI've also used a julienne peeler.

I love the zucchini noodles; I sauté them with olive oil and garlic and add diced tomatoes. Served by itself or mixed with real pasta (spaghetti, linguine or fettucine) and a little parmesan cheese. I've also done carrots, sweet potatoes and apples.
This sounds like a really good idea - by themselves the "strands" of squash are just not similar enough in texture to pasta for my liking. (They're fine on their own as a vegetable side dish, just not as an interchangeable substitute for pasta.)

I have a hand held tool I got off Amazon. I think it's called a zoodle. I have a recipe for veggie noodle pasta salad I have to try.

They were dinner the last 3 nights. I made a batch on Wednesday using my mandolin slicer. I looked at the vegetti, but decided just to use what I had. I just get more ziti size pieces versus spaghetti strands.

I've been slicing them at 3/8's of an inch, toss them with salt, pepper, and garlic than bake them at 250 for 30 minutes. Then they can be either heated in a frying pan or in the microwave.

I'm in the midst of a 21 Day Fix so they've become a dinner essential the last 2 weeks.

I buy Broccoli slaw from time to time, shredded broccoli. I use it with cole slaw dressing, I use it with regular dressing, I've cooked it and served it as a vegetable side dish, guess you could use it with spaghetti sauce. My doctor swears broccoli is a miracle food.

I made some zucchini noodles a few months back - they were a failure.
Friends swear by veggie noodles but they're obviously much better in the kitchen than me.

I'm obsessed with my Spiraletti contraption! Zucchini is my fav, but carrot, cucumber and sweet potato work great too. Next I want to try beets, just need to find a recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter