• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused3One wonders how anybody is ever going to get their second shots. 1.69 million first doses have been administered since January and as of yesterday Alberta opened up eligibility for everybody 12 and over with Pfizer. I don't think I know anybody (except maybe the residents of LTC facilities who were in Phase 1 back in January) who is fully vaccinated.
Yeah there is a lot of the hospital worker still waiting on that second dose. Sad I would gladly let them have it .

Yeah there is a lot of the hospital worker still waiting on that second dose. Sad I would gladly let them have it .
:( Ah, yes...the ethics of vaccine distribution. Canada's delivery of Pfizer expected this month is apparently being taken from the Covax bank. I really don't even know how to feel about it.
COVID: Which countries still have no vaccines? | Coronavirus and Covid-19 - latest news about COVID-19 | DW | 11.04.2021
More than 130 countries haven't received a single Covid-19 vaccine, while 10 countries have administered 75% of all vaccines, the UN says - CNN

Just curious, why the decision of the opposite arm for second dose?
I switched arms because my first arm bruised, and even though the pain dissipated, my bruise lingered for quite a while. At around the three-week mark, I had decided that if it was still there a week later, I would give them the other arm, only because I was going to feel pretty silly giving them what would basically be a built-in X-marks-the-spot.

The bruise actually faded during the last week of waiting, but the decision was still in my head when they asked me what arm. And since it was early in the morning, and I still wasn't fully awake, it didn't occur to me to rethink it.

Was doing great after second shot. Went to bed and started shivering. I could not gt warm. I didn't sleep well and today have a headache.

Had my second Moderna shot on Wednesday am. Came home and continued to work the rest of Wednesday with only a sore arm. Around 8:00 pm I started getting some fatigue and mild aches. Went to bed earlyish and actually slept pretty well - had the second shot in my right arm because I sleep on my left and that was annoying for a few nights after the first shot. Woke up feeling like a slug, had a low grade fever all day, dull headache and aches mostly through my hips and thighs. Took the day off, rested on the couch and felt it all starting to lift around 9:00 pm Thursday. Woke up Friday morning good as new. Was a much easier experience than I expected based on the vomiting and killer headache I had after the first shot and now I am counting down the days to May 19 when those antibodies will be at full strength. Get the shot!

Had my second Moderna shot on Wednesday am. Came home and continued to work the rest of Wednesday with only a sore arm. Around 8:00 pm I started getting some fatigue and mild aches. Went to bed earlyish and actually slept pretty well - had the second shot in my right arm because I sleep on my left and that was annoying for a few nights after the first shot. Woke up feeling like a slug, had a low grade fever all day, dull headache and aches mostly through my hips and thighs. Took the day off, rested on the couch and felt it all starting to lift around 9:00 pm Thursday. Woke up Friday morning good as new. Was a much easier experience than I expected based on the vomiting and killer headache I had after the first shot and now I am counting down the days to May 19 when those antibodies will be at full strength. Get the shot!

Yes, this. I had Pfizer but am feeling mostly what you felt, aches, headache etc. I had aches through my right thigh from my hip to my knee. It's gone now thankfully. Hoping I feel better tomorrow.

Update to my post from Thursday (I think): I still felt very tired and achy Thursday until Saturday and only yesterday was I feeling better. I also had some brain fog too. Also the injection site still hurts a little bit.

I expected some side effects but not for this long. I will have to time a third booster for a weekend. I am glad to be double vaxxed and of course as others have said its better than getting Covid.

Still haven’t gotten my period since before my first Pfizer vaccine. Normally my schedule is 26 days, max. Going on 35 now.

We are 60 hours+ since Pfizer shot #2. DH & I are in our early/mid 60s. Day one was a sore arm. Second day sore arm was less. We both felt a bit chilled but not sure how much was a side affect or the weather here was more like early March. We both were hungry. I had a slight headache but not sure if it was the shot , my sinuses or a cut down on my caffeine. We drank a lot of water along with some Gatorade.
We were tired yesterday but neither of us slept well the night before. Every time I rolled over I woke up due to the soreness in my arm. Same with DH.
Both times we got our shots before 9:00AM . We ate a regular breakfast then had lunch & dinner .
My Mom (late 80s) had the Moderna shots. Only side affects were sore arm & being hungry.( especially after #2).She said she was no more tired than normal😉.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter