Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted to this thread before but can't find my posts so don't know the last time. DH and I got our first Pfizer on Feb 24th and second on Mar 19th. First shot, no real reaction except a slightly sore arm. Second, DH had no reaction. I had typical-mild headache, 99.5 deg temp, a few aches and exhaustion between about 18-40 hours after, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I only had a temp for about 8 hours. Shot was on Friday. Sun early afternoon, when the symptoms stopped, they literally magically disappeared and I felt completely normal.

My husband’s first stung, and his second didn’t. I was like you. I didn’t feel the first dose, but the second stung. We were wondering if it had anything to do with the temperature of the dose. We were in the trials, and the trial vitals held two doses. The first dose, he went first, and the second dose I went first. So, we wondered if the shot had a little more time to warm. Or maybe it’s just where/how the needle went in.
I think you might be onto something. I do monthly injections of Cosentyx for psoriasis and it is refrigerated. It is recommend for it to sit out for 15 minutes before injecting. Sometimes (most times lol) I do not have the patience to wait 15 minutes so I do it sooner while it is still cold. I do notice a difference so I think you are right.

My husband’s first stung, and his second didn’t. I was like you. I didn’t feel the first dose, but the second stung. We were wondering if it had anything to do with the temperature of the dose. We were in the trials, and the trial vials held two doses. The first dose, he went first, and the second dose I went first. So, we wondered if the shot had a little more time to warm. Or maybe it’s just where/how the needle went in.

I regularly self-inject. Stinging can happen due to:

*like you said temperature of substance
*sometimes a drop of substance on top of needle
*Antiseptic wipe on arm not having time to dry

Injections can be felt more -

*not relaxing the muscle

*If two needles not used for drawing and injection (it appears on tv that they are using one with this vaccine, each syringe I mean) well with one needle if the nurse touches the vial inside while drawing - which is easy to do to get it all out, it blunts the needle. Blunt needle = feeling it more on injection.

Still haven’t gotten my period since before my first Pfizer vaccine. Normally my schedule is 26 days, max. Going on 35 now.
I was only 2 days late after Johnson and Johnson but period was 2 days long. I’ve had 5-7 day periods for a decade. The shots are definitely doing something. They’re doing the studies now so we will see. I’ll take two day periods forever if it doesn’t affect my health.

I was only 2 days late after Johnson and Johnson but period was 2 days long. I’ve had 5-7 day periods for a decade. The shots are definitely doing something. They’re doing the studies now so we will see. I’ll take two day periods forever if it doesn’t affect my health.
The Pfizer vaccine seems to have fixed my periods. They've been incredibly long, heavy, and painful since my very first one...just bad genetics, it's been true of every woman on my mom's side for generations. But my periods after both my first and second shots were much lighter, shorter, and easier to manage. I just started my next one, and it seems to be holding true again this month. I'll be thrilled if it just stays like this right up to menopause!

So excited!!! DD15 and DD13 got their first doses today! DH and I both only had sore arms, so hopefully they’ll fare well

My 2 (same age as yours) are going tonight. I am so excited. So are they. I originally had them signed up at the clinic that will be at their school on the 20th but was able to get them in today at Walgreens. I am worried about fevers with DS15. He always gets high fevers if he is going to get them. There have been a few occasions that he has gotten to 105.

Anyone's family or friends expressed that they are now willing/scheduled to get the vaccine with the updated CDC guidelines? I know this was something people hedged could lead to more vaccinations wondering if people knew holdouts who were stepping up now especially with the 12-15 age group now able to get vaccines.

Anyone's family or friends expressed that they are now willing/scheduled to get the vaccine with the updated CDC guidelines? I know this was something people hedged could lead to more vaccinations wondering if people knew holdouts who were stepping up now especially with the 12-15 age group now able to get vaccines.

I have not heard anything. Here in Ohio the governor is giving out an incentive. If you have had your first shot by a certain date (sometime in the next few weeks) you will be put into a drawing. If you are over 17 it is a $1,000,000 prize. If you are under 17 it is a full scholarship to a state college/university in Ohio. 5 winners will be picked for each.

I'm 60 and in good health, but I have not gotten the vax. Over the years, I've had extreme reactions to various chemicals ingested or injected, that ranged from an anaphylactic shock, hospitalizations, 911 calls and a six year localized reaction. All those crazy things are making me approach this with extreme caution.

Not antivax at all. After researching the various vaccine, I like what the data say about the Novavax vax.

I am now 1 week out from my 2nd Moderna shot, all I can say is two things. 1. With my first shot, all I had was a stiff arm and even that wasn't that bad (I get stiff arm after many different vaccinations, and when I need to have blood drawn including the flu shot and other different vaccinations) and 2. I wished I used the special needs card to get in the priority group ahead of mine (I would of qualified most likely), but since I waited I now have to wait 1 week to get the 2nd shot, so it's gonna be a long week ahead while waiting for that 2nd shot/week following in case I have reactions (hope I don't).

Ugh. Someone I know died 2 days ago. She was extremely overweight, and out and about and living her life, active. And she wasn't getting a vax. I"m so sad and can only think if she had gotten the vax back in Feb, she would be alive today. I don't understand why this virus seems to be especially harsh with bigger folks, but it is. I'm so very sad today.

Fully vaccinated as of 5/4/21 & just got back from my first maskless grocery trip (at Publix) for the first time in over year 👍😊!
I haven't braved it maskless indoors yet, but I'm thinking about it (fully vaxxed for three weeks now). How did it feel? Normal or weird? Was everyone else unmasked too?

I haven't braved it maskless indoors yet, but I'm thinking about it (fully vaxxed for three weeks now). How did it feel? Normal or weird? Was everyone else unmasked too?
About 50/50 on masks in the store. Had a moment of weirdness when I parked & automatically reached for my mask, LOL - then nothing but awesomeness when I realized I didn't have to do that anymore 😄

Sorry to here about the shingles. I had the two shingles vaccinations finally September and November 2020. My husband did his earlier, when they were scarce around here. My mom and my sister both had them years ago. My sister had hers on her face near her eyes in 2004 when she was 47. She was in the midst of undergoing a surgical biopsy for a breast cancer scare (turned out benign), and I had just been diagnosed with invasive breast cancer myself. Lots of stress all around. I have often wondered if stress can contribute to triggering shingles. Hopefully I won‘t ever personally find out. I hope your friend’s shingles aren’t too painful for her.

Thank you, she got the second Pfizer shot last week and developed fever, chills, headache. I feel so bad for her.

(off topic: My first dog's name was Snappy)

Has anyone experienced psychological symptoms after the shots? I swear DH and I are so cranky with each other since getting the J&J shot two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter