Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone is having side effects from second vaccine dose what do you all recommend? ibuprofen and just rest? is there anything else you all recommend?

Report on the first dose (Pfizer). We were vaccinated at 8:45 am. Around 1:00 pm, my husband noticed his arm getting a little sore if he moved it in certain directions. Mine didn’t start until an hour or so later. By 5:00 pm, it was noticeable to both of us but not as sore as after a tetanus shot. He said his was more sore (about the same as a tetanus shot) by 8:00 pm. Mine was at its worse around bedtime (11:30 pm), but it want to sore for me to fall asleep. By morning, there was only a little residual tenderness.

got my 2nd Moderna shot this morning at 1010...sore arm shortly after and progressively more sore now 8 hours later, along with a very mild headache. My arm is more sore this time than it was after my 1st dose. I am hoping that's all I'll experience for side effects.

Edit to add...my arm continues to be very sore (much more than the 1st shot and worse than any flu shot I’ve received) and my headache got worse throughout the night last night and body aches and mild chills started about 10:00 last night. Tossed all night trying to get comfortable and I should have just got up and taken some Tylenol 🤦‍♀️My temp was 99 this morning. I’m hoping today’s the last day of symptoms since I have to go back to work tomorrow lol

Last edited:
For a normal thing, aka the measles, it's important to get vaccinated because kids can't be vaxxed until a certain age. And it's an extremely dangerous disease for kids.

The Ro is the exact opposite. It's not dangerous at all for young folks. So if you don't wanna get vaxxed, with an experimental vaccine, then you shouldn't care if someone else gets it.

I'm not telling anyone they should or should not get the vaccine, but I want to address the statement about it not being dangerous at all for young folks. While MOST young people do well with it, this is dangerous thinking, because not all do. I work in a children's hospital that's next to an adult hospital. Our pediatric covid unit has been full for a week now and now one of the adult covid units is half-pediatric. The sickest kids in our covid units (intubated) were healthy kids with no pre-existing conditions. MIS-C is no joke. I work in hematology/oncology, so my area treats children with blood disorders and cancer. We are seeing a huge spike in hematology patients because so many previously healthy kids who had mild covid have gone on to develop clotting issues, and we've had some kids end up with post-viral bone marrow issues. I realize that I see the worst case scenario, so this is not the norm, but covid can certainly be dangerous to young people.

I got my first dose (Pfizer) on Monday. It was administered by our county health department. There is a separate sign up for healthcare workers and I was offered a choice of appointments a few days after I registered. My arm was a little sore for a few days, but not as sore as I get from the flu shot. Not looking forward to the second dose, however, since that seems to cause the most adverse effects. My state opened up to the 75 plus crowd this week. I was able to register my mother last week and today we got the link to sign up for an appointment. She gets her first dose Wednesday.

It's cute that you think

= "things going back to normal"

Overtaxing the healthcare system does not equal "going back to normal"
There is nothing "normal" about not being able to get critical care for non-Covid ailments because the system and its workers are overrun with Covid patients.
Although this is a complex situation, this by itself not a difficult concept to grasp. Not sure what people aren't getting about it. Whatever happened to common sense?
Talk about taking a comment out of context. You didn’t even quote my whole comment. I was interpreting another poster’s comment which was about AFTER everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated. Really, it’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

Might be a dumb question, but does anyone know what happens if you are in the very early stage of covid (before symptoms should up )and then get a shot? Makes me wonder how some people are having the fever, chills, etc.

By the way, we are outside of Phila. We applied 1/16, no update or invitation to pick out appointment. We applied to PA main site and an individual provider.

Might be a dumb question, but does anyone know what happens if you are in the very early stage of covid (before symptoms should up )and then get a shot? Makes me wonder how some people are having the fever, chills, etc.

By the way, we are outside of Phila. We applied 1/16, no update or invitation to pick out appointment. We applied to PA main site and an individual provider.
you know i was thinking at these sites they should have rapid tests available and people can get tested prior to taking the shot which would first of all help with more testing and second of all save shots for those who need (if you have covid you won't be needing the shot that day).

I signed my parents (ages 85 & 89) up yesterday on-line. They were eligible because of their age. I got an email notification first thing this morning that their appointment was set for March 9th. Dh was able to sign up on Friday and his appointment is on 2/9. He was able to get in earlier because he has a serious heart condition.

Last edited:
If your blood type is O+

I have heard ,maybe rumors, O+, are less likely to contact COVID

With that said, do O+ people have less side affects from the COVID vaccine?

I am O+ and had no reaction to the Flu vaccine, my DH is AB+ and he had flu like symptoms fie first 24 hours after the flu vaccine.

If your blood type is O+

I have heard ,maybe rumors, O+, are less likely to contact COVID

With that said, do O+ people have less side affects from the COVID vaccine?

I am O+ and had no reaction to the Flu vaccine, my DH is AB+ and he had flu like symptoms fie first 24 hours after the flu vaccine.

Im O+ and also heard the rumors that you’re less likely to catch covid and if you do catch it it’s a mild case.

I had covid in October/November. Very mild case. Same with my daughter. I got the first shot January 8 and was pretty sick for 24 hours then lingering side effects for 3-4 more days. I think I had a stronger reaction because I had covid not long ago.

Last edited:
I'm asking here because I feel it's a lot easier to get an answer...........is there going to be a need for the Covid vaccine each year like the flu shot? And if so how soon after this vaccine should you get the next one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter