Have you got a degree?

I have a BA. When I retired I worked with a mix of people who had BA BS MA and MS degrees. Our supervisor had just a High School diploma. But she had 20 years work experience. None of those with Masters Degrees had more than 5 years work experience.

I have an associates degree in information technology- programming. It helps with my GIS work and if I wasn’t less than 2 1/2 years away from retirement I would like to pursue a BS in GIS.

officialy-4 degrees but i think if i applied i would qualify for a 5th (and depending on how grad education degrees are done these days-maybe a 6th?). it was the same cost to do 18 vs. 12 units when i went to college so i maxed out each quarter.

Last edited:
Bachelor in Nursing. Turns out, this was not the career path for me.

I've been working in Health Information for years, and decided I wanted to dip my toes in getting credentialed. Now I have an Associates in Applied Science- Health Data and Information Management to be able to sit for a credentialing exam.

I think I'll do an associates-to-bachelors program to get one more credential, but likely not for another year or so.

But the nursing knowledge really helps !

Five; apparently I had no direction and no real clear goal in life, hahaha!
AAS in large animal science
AAS in food technology
AAS in human nutrition
BS is food science
MS in food science

No idea where any of them are, except the BS. Cornell gave big, fancy, colorful degrees in my day, definitely frame-worthy, although I've never had it framed. However, I know where it is. The rest? Who knows??

No degree and honestly sometimes through the years I would feel inferior to some who did. Especially when around classmates at reunions but I got over that long ago. I have been in the same industry in some form or fashion since 1978 and got to say in the end I have done just fine without one. On another note I have noticed that some other companies when advertising for the same type job i have been doing for 25 years have been known to prefer a degree.

Last edited:
PhD in English. I have a great job at a community college but I tell my students not to follow in my footsteps because of the collapse in the job market and the many crises in higher ed. Btw, I never correct grammar and never judge people based on education. I know i was lucky to be able to take the time to study-- didn't have kids or family relying on me. It was great to be able to dig so deep into what I loved, but I didn't pay off my federal loans on full until I was 46!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter