Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
This thread concerns me. I know that any vacation, or even anytime we leave our house we are at risk. We went on a cruise for March break. Wore N95 masks when indoors and we were fine. We did hear though of a few crew getting it and main shows were shut down the next week.

We're coming to Disney end of August and although we can say that we'll stick to outdoor dining and Disney is mostly outdoors, it'll be stupid hot. So in reality, we'll want to be indoors when we can. We will have masks for indoors (but no way outdoors unless the rule is added back). We have 4 table service meals booked, rest will be QS so can try and grab seats that are "safer". We are flying as well so that in itself is a risk (we drove to the port for the cruise). But we'll just b as careful as can be and hope we can answer "no" to this thread when we return.

I wore masks outdoors in Disneyland California. I was in the parks Tuesday 28 June to Friday 1 July. It was hot my ears hurt but I just made sure to drink a lot of water. I changed masks halfway through the day.

Most times I forgot I was wearing a mask. I had an umbrella so I had my own shade. I went into shops for cool air breaks.

It is doable, to weak a mask 12 plus hours in the parks, but its not everyones comfort level.

Has anyone flown to WDW recently(within past couple months), or know of anyone who has? Did they take precautions such as masking indoors or whenever possible and did they get Covid?

We are supposed to be heading there very soon and DH isn’t too sure we should be going anymore due to all the risks. If we do cancel yet again (this was originally our March break 2020 trip), I honestly do not even know if this trip will ever happen at all.

I got Covid during Jan/Feb trip when masking was still required. I have been twice since then - while all restrictions were removed (Mar, May) and did not get Covid again during this trips. In addition, my Mom did not get it when I did in Feb, and my friend on the Feb, Mar and May trips did not get it. (Neither have got Covid before)

It's really hit or miss. Who knows why it hits some and not others (especially when we were all together - right until I tested positive) Right now you can get it anywhere - my aunt got it at her sewing group, a bunch of friends went to concerts - all ended up with Covid (good thing I had to skip!), another friend, her sister got it …so she got it. Like it can hit you anywhere. That’s why I’m ok with taking the risk and going to WDW.

I got Covid during Jan/Feb trip when masking was still required. I have been twice since then - while all restrictions were removed (Mar, May) and did not get Covid again during this trips. In addition, my Mom did not get it when I did in Feb, and my friend on the Feb, Mar and May trips did not get it. (Neither have got Covid before)

It's really hit or miss. Who knows why it hits some and not others (especially when we were all together - right until I tested positive) Right now you can get it anywhere - my aunt got it at her sewing group, a bunch of friends went to concerts - all ended up with Covid (good thing I had to skip!), another friend, her sister got it …so she got it. Like it can hit you anywhere. That’s why I’m ok with taking the risk and going to WDW.
When we went to wdw last Aug masking in rides and indoors was still mandatory. I found compliance was terrible. Either people had mask under nose or completely off once they past CM at queue entrance. We wore ours according to rules and didn’t get Covid.
Now they aren’t required but no difference to me as people weren’t compliant anyway.
We’ll still wear our mask on ride queues and inside shows, shops and places outside in close quarters like both Harry Potter areas at Universal.

I don't even know what is or isn't helping anymore. I've been to Disney 4 times, cuba twice and on a cruise and even flew home from florida without a mask cause we flew to buffalo and masks are no longer required. Never caught it. My fully vaccinated son is homeschooled and hasn't gone on any trips or anything during covid. 2 weeks ago he finally started in swimming lessons to get some socializing in and Sunday he had covid. No one else in the house is testing positive but I just feel like I've kept him the most protected and he's the one who caught it. Do what you're going to do you can catch it anywhere doing anything or you won't.

I was in WDW the last week of May and did not take all precautions and the day after I got home tested positive.

We've been to Universal twice and did not get covid.

First for March Break, high compliance with masking in queues and indoors, no indoor meals and got a hotel with kitchen to make this easier.

The second time was after we'd all gotten covid as it passed through my son's daycare. We felt we had immunity at that point so didn't really mask much and ate inside one restaurant.

Just got home late last night from a cruise and Disney, also have been to Universal and Disney 2 other times in the last 10 months and no precautions taken unless mandated and no Covid.

Been twice through the pandemic. both times we wore masks 99% of the time. only took them off outside when no one else was around and to eat. We ate most of our meals outdoors. Only ate at a table service on our last full day after our return test was done. neither time did anyone get covid. Not sure how we will approach our upcoming trip. both of us have had covid this past spring, and we are double boosted (getting it this week). It will depend on whether we still have to test to come home. If not, we will probably mask indoors in crowded areas and just stay away from most people. Wash our hands before we eat etc. Just use common sense precautions. I think we are at the stage where it's out there, you can catch it, but with the vaccines, treatments you will be ok.

Been twice through the pandemic. both times we wore masks 99% of the time. only took them off outside when no one else was around and to eat. We ate most of our meals outdoors. Only ate at a table service on our last full day after our return test was done. neither time did anyone get covid. Not sure how we will approach our upcoming trip. both of us have had covid this past spring, and we are double boosted (getting it this week). It will depend on whether we still have to test to come home. If not, we will probably mask indoors in crowded areas and just stay away from most people. Wash our hands before we eat etc. Just use common sense precautions. I think we are at the stage where it's out there, you can catch it, but with the vaccines, treatments you will be ok.
That’s our plan too. Use common sense precautions. Last thing I want is to spend part of my vacaction in my hotel room Sick.

Our trip is exactly a month away and myself, DS and DH just had/have covid. We will wear masks indoors and common sense (I've always been an over hand washer), but hoping recent covid gives us a bit more protection. Somehow my DD has escaped it (at least so far)...we were almost hoping she got it too (if light case) just so she would have a bit more protection too. The worst thing is being sick on vacation (or of course, just before and needing to cancel)

Returned Tuesday night. Wife tested positive today. Double vaxed, double boosted, and we all wore masks indoors, in lines and on rides. Ate one indoor meal the entire week. I had covid in April, both kids tested negative.

We got home July 29 after being at Disney 11 nights. Tested positive the next day. All double vaxed (adults boosted).
We did some masking in crowded indoor spaces (lines, shows, etc) but otherwise not so much. It's hard to mask when no one is (and basically nobody was). It's also hard hard to eat outdoors when it's 35 degrees outside. We were pretty diligent about hand washing.

This makes me anxious about future trips.

Knock on wood I don’t get it again (I mean it already happened to me on Day 12 off a 14 day trip in January, can I be that unlucky) …but if I was to test positive, I’d prefer after I got home. I have done the two trips done then. I got a second booster a couple weeks ago. Hoping that helps at least a little.

DH and DS were positive after a 9 day trip, although they weren‘t sick. (Triple vaxxed, no masks). I stayed another 5 days and my friend flew down for a ladies’ trip. (Triple and quadruple vaxxed, no masks). We both tested negative upon return. That‘s not to say that we didn’t have it asymptomatically while down there though.

We were at WDW July 29-Aug 7. Felt fine, not a symptom at all, until about 10AM on Aug 8 then Covid hit my husband like a freight train and daughter was also positve but with pretty much no symptoms. I am negative so far. We are all fully vaxxed. It's a risk we knew we were taking but hubby is having a rough go.

Be curious to know if any of the recent positives in this thread had what we lovingly refer to as “the swamp water” 🤣 (AZ / Pfizer mix).

I think studies showed last year that AZ-MRNA mix was providing the best resistance and am wondering if it still does against this newest strain. We leave tomorrow AM for 9 nights 😬

Be curious to know if any of the recent positives in this thread had what we lovingly refer to as “the swamp water” 🤣 (AZ / Pfizer mix).

I think studies showed last year that AZ-MRNA mix was providing the best resistance and am wondering if it still does against this newest strain. We leave tomorrow AM for 9 nights 😬
My husband and I have had: AZ/PF/MO. He got it (not at Disney mins you) and I did not 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter