Have I understood correctly about the DDP?

razamataz

Earning My Ears
That tipping is included in the price of the DDP? For those of you who have done this before, what is the percentage of the tip?

So, let's just say that it is 18%, does the server get the whole 18%, or do they get 15% and Disney get the other 3%?

Thanks razamataz

The tip is included in what you pay.

We did the dining plan last fall and the tip was 15%. It looks like Disney has increased the tip to 18%.

My understanding is that the tip goes to the server. Others may know better.

I asked under last year's plan because I was worried that the servers split all dining plan tips equally and my server would not get his full intended amount (he was phenominal, I wanted to be sure he got the DP tip plus my extra) and the manager at Sci Fi assured me that each server gets the full tip . . . which is why they always encourage the DP folks to order the most expensive things on the menu. ;)

I've read that the tip was raised to 18% in response to concerns expressed by servers themselves.

Per several servers on our 5/5 - 5/13 trip, they get the actual 18% tip. That is 18% of what is ordered, not 18% of the cost of the dining plan. Thus, the more expensive thing you order, the bigger their tip.

And yes, all taxes and tips are included in the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter