Have California Grill booked for our adult only trip next month

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Hi! Just wondering if there are any recent reviews? We are going for dinner and would like to know if there are any stand out cocktails as well. Everything looks so good hard to decide! Would love to hear about your favorites?

As I've stated in the past California Grill was our go to place for many years, never went to WDW without dinner there. Then during their last renovation Yoshi who was the master sushi chef and was also the first female to train in Japan retired and it's never been the same.The last 2 times we went there we left disappointed.
Now they do make amazing Margarita's, probably the best I've ever tasted.

Drinks-wise, I really like the blackberry sour. I've had it the last few times I've gone there. I've been a few times in the past few months, and each time, the food has been stellar and the service has been excellent.

We went two weeks ago and it was awesome. The blackberry sour is my favourite cocktail. Like anywhere, not just WDW. A definite must have. For dessert I had the creme brûlée and it was a very different take on it (more panacotta-esque) but it was phenomenal. We loved everything we had.

The Mango Margarita is my go to. It was good there, but nothing "special" about it!

This is my husband app. He LOVED it. I dont like seafood, so didnt steal a bite.

My app. YUMMM!

My daughters app. She is picky, didnt like it. I tried a square. It was good. Again, nothing super special.

My filet..yes I order it well done..shame on me.. Sometimes its nice a juicy and still cooked all the way through, sometimes not. The last time (Aug 2019), not :( I got this all the time at the old Artist Point too and they never failed to cook it perfectly. Cali Grill is 50/50. Still good though

Some seafood dish..again he loved it...

Desserts...nice presentation, but nothing homemade or special about them. No chef created these in the kitchen!

Atmosphere...cant be beat. And the staff A+++++ This is why we return often. **Good** food, GREAT service and ambiance.

I usually go with a nice wine there since they have a good list. For food I recommend the pork tenderloin. It’s been on the menu since the restaurant opened. That’s how good it is. Normally I wouldn’t order pork, but this dish is devine !

We ate there in November for the second time and it was fantastic. I believe for drinks we just had wine and bourbon, so nothing to exciting.

Our food was fantastic. I had the short rib won tons and they were really good. DH had the charcuterie board it was fantastic. For our dinners I had the bison and DH had a steak. The server suggested that we order them medium rare and I was a little nervous about that because I generally order meat medium, but her suggestion was right on both of our pieces of meat were delicious.

Our absolute favorite at California Grill is the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli!! I go there specifically for that and then decide on an entree. I really like the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta - have ordered that twice. Last time I tried the scallops. They were very good, but I haven't had them anywhere else to compare. When the elevator cm asked us all what we had, she said the scallops are her favorite and the best of anywhere she has ordered them. For the upcoming trip, I'm deciding between the Oak-fired Filet of Beef because I've read good things about the Aged Gouda Macaroni and Cheese (and the filet) and the Black Grouper. I've never had black grouper, but was thinking about trying something lighter. Sorry I can't help with a favorite cocktail. I usually just choose a wine.

We ate there for my DH's birthday in January (our first adult only trip). It was hands down the most disappointing restaurant I have ever been to on Dis property. I would look at some menus and see if there is someplace else you would like to try instead. That being said, the drinks at the bar were great, but once we moved to our table, everything went downhill. We got sushi as an app and it was mediocre at best and my entree was a fish shrimp dish and it was practically inedible. Awful and dry. We planned a trip this May with my parents and had CG booked for the 2 of them. I cancelled it as soon as I got home and booked Topolino instead.

Sushi was a letdown but everything else is always great. View, service, drinks. Best appetizer menu for sure. I typically like scallops but they’re often mistreated or gritty, but their scallops were incredible. Hard sear, butter soft on the inside. Filet has quite a smoky flavor but I love it. They also do a great maple bourbon Old fashioned if you’re a bourbon lover.

Our absolute favorite at California Grill is the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli!! I go there specifically for that and then decide on an entree. I really like the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta - have ordered that twice. Last time I tried the scallops. They were very good, but I haven't had them anywhere else to compare. When the elevator cm asked us all what we had, she said the scallops are her favorite and the best of anywhere she has ordered them. For the upcoming trip, I'm deciding between the Oak-fired Filet of Beef because I've read good things about the Aged Gouda Macaroni and Cheese (and the filet) and the Black Grouper. I've never had black grouper, but was thinking about trying something lighter. Sorry I can't help with a favorite cocktail. I usually just choose a wine.
I love the goat cheese ravioli as well!

California Grill is one of our favorites and we visit almost every trip. For us, the food, atmosphere, and service are always great. It’s pricy, of course, but we feel it’s worth it. My DH always gets the spicy kazan roll paired with a flatbread. Weird combo, but he loves it. I typically do the Plant-based unplugged, almost always choosing the cheesy polenta as one of the 4. Before I was vegetarian, I really enjoyed the pork dish. And we always share a bottle of red wine. Every restaurant has its critics, but I don’t hear as much criticism for CG, overall. Hope you enjoy!

Gouda Mac and cheese! I’ve been a few times and always get it. I love my Mac and cheese and it’s some of the best I’ve had

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter