Haunted Mansion Refurb December 1-19th

ELLH

DIS Veteran
Just read this on wdwmagic.com and I'm so sad! This is our 3 year olds favorite ride and it will be down our entire trip!!! Say it isn't so!! :(:(

Now I'm really bummed out. I have missed it on our past two trips and it was on the top of my list to do this December.

We'll this is awful news to wake up too! My trip starts on November 30th but I wasn't planning on going to a park that day. Do they ever start refurbishments a day early or am I safe to add a day to my ticket?

Noooooo! This stinks. I have been really lucky that my last two trips nothing has been on the refurb list, but HS is one of my favorites. With such a short refurb I wonder why they don't do it in September/October/November BEFORE the busy holiday season.

Noooooo! This stinks. I have been really lucky that my last two trips nothing has been on the refurb list, but HS is one of my favorites. With such a short refurb I wonder why they don't do it in September/October/November BEFORE the busy holiday season.

It is a poor time to close a big attraction. I usually don't get upset when this stuff happens but i can't help it this time.

December 5th to 14th here. No ghost to follow me home this time.:sad:

ETA..and yes I understand things need to be refurbed, and yes I am a big girl and will get over it. It's just disappointing.

I don't think they would close that ride during Fall/Halloween/MNSSHP. I understand your pain, it's my favorite ride too!

I don't think they would close that ride during Fall/Halloween/MNSSHP. I understand your pain, it's my favorite ride too!

Yeah, makes sense. Maybe November 1-19. That would get it finished before the Thanksgiving week crowd. Oh well. Something to look forward to even more next time. Hope it doesn't negatively impact the crowds much.

I'm seriously considering adding a day to my ticket but i worry they will start a day early.

So gutted, the Haunted Mansion is my favourite! My trip is Nov 30th-Dec 19th, if my flight isn't too late into MCO I'm going to try and head over to MK.

They will have the new store open though! :)

No, now that's not opening until Jan 2015! I was looking forward to shopping in it in October, oh well, at least the ride will be open!

Bummed for all who can't ride it. :guilty:

I understand but that is disappointing. My whole family loves that ride and it will be closed our entire trip. Just have to start planning another one I guess.

Ugh! Another disappointment here :sad: Love love Haunted Mansion. Going Dec 13-20. I guess we´ll add a day to go saturday morning before our flight. Or... maybe that justifies a quick weekend trip to Disneyland and take advantage of the nightmare before xmas overlay :scratchinpixiedust:

I finally convinced DS this wasn't a scarey ride and he wants to go on during our trip! :headache: And I was planning on going to Disneyland when they close their HM! :sad: RATS!!

My trip starts on November 30th but I wasn't planning on going to a park that day. Do they ever start refurbishments a day early or am I safe to add a day to my ticket?

We arrive late on the 29th, but were only tentatively thinking of going to a park that evening. Our first day in the parks is November 30th, and we were planning on the Magic Kingdom in the morning, and Epcot in the afternoon/evening. I'm just worried that the lines for Haunted Mansion will be extra long if people realize it's the final day before refurb. We'll have to see how it is and perhaps just resign ourselves to missing it this time around; it's not like we haven't ridden it before, but like so many are saying, it is a favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter