• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Same sort of, I'm flying down for the event from Portland. I'll be there 2 nights though. A 1 day park hopper is $199!! I got lucky and found an AP who is going to give me one of their buddy passes but it would be really nice to have some kind of discounted something, park add-on, discounted or free parking, discounted hotel rate, etc. Or even if the entire DL park was open, not just a small portion of it.

Last time I went to DLR in April 2017, I went with a CM but I was only able to get into DCA so I haven't been to DL since 2013. I need to ride so many things!
So the response I got from Disney Events was "Admission to the park during the day is not included in the registration fee." which isn't exactly what I asked, but I do think it answers the question - no getting into the park a few hours before the event starts. Oh well, we're going to just hang out in Downtown Disney beforehand and have dinner and then be ready to line up for the event - no big deal. I am still super excited for this event - I will say, I can't believe it hasn't sold out yet, I was so stressed the day the tickets went on sale trying to get tickets for me and my mom on separate transactions and turns out there was no need to stress. Hopefully this means it won't be too packed.

I'm not interested in waiting an hour and a half in line to enter the park. Does anyone think it may be a good idea to wait that long? I figure it would be like waiting for the park to open in the morning. Only less people, I can hope.

I'm not interested in waiting an hour and a half in line to enter the park. Does anyone think it may be a good idea to wait that long? I figure it would be like waiting for the park to open in the morning. Only less people, I can hope.

Zero chance we'll wait that.

I really don't get an instruction to get in line at 11:30 for an event start at 1am with my $300 ticket? But I also don't get the unwillingness to let attendees in earlier to the park. It's such an odd decision IMO. I know it never said it would be allowed but the more I think about this whole event compared to others the more frowns I get on my face.

Zero chance we'll wait that.

I really don't get an instruction to get in line at 11:30 for an event start at 1am with my $300 ticket? But I also don't get the unwillingness to let attendees in earlier to the park. It's such an odd decision IMO. I know it never said it would be allowed but the more I think about this whole event compared to others the more frowns I get on my face.
I guess I was hoping that maybe it would be like other times like rope drop when they open things up a bit early. It's kind of confusing, but isn't the "kick-off show" at 1:00 a.m. supposed to be at the Rivers of America? So maybe the idea is that they'll be starting to admit people so people can be on the west end of the park by the 1 am start? Unfortunately I get the feeling there will be a lot of ambiguity regarding how this event goes - I kind of wish I got tickets for the second night instead to see how it goes for other people on the first night. I am planning on getting in line at 11:30 - what else do I have to do at that hour anyway? I am keeping faith that Disney is going to do a good job with this event given how expensive it is. The only other after hours event I've done at Disneyland was Sweetheart's Night and I loved it - since this event is way more expensive, I hope they will deliver!

Ok, so I have an AP so I can go in whenever, but what does that mean as far as the event is concerned? Do I need to exit the park to get in line for the event? Is there some advantage to being close to the front of the event line? I don't care about buying merchandise.

Disney is going to be the death of me.

Earlier I got the email that there was a problem with my card. I called and got that fixed. So I thought. I gave her the card number, she took it and told me it was all good. Now I have a new email.....

"We were unable to successfully process the payment for your merchandise order. Please see the detail for this transaction below."

The email even has an authorization code, so I looked at my credit card account online and the charge is there. It went through. So why am I getting notice that it was not processed? We have 2 RSPs and the other one had no problems and it is also there. The one that went through fine and we got a receipt for was almost $500, and the one with the issue is $1,300. Could it be that there are 2 ISPs on the same card? Was it too much for the Disney Visa discount? Have they flagged me as a reseller? Instead of a member of a local pin club that picked up stuff for other people that aren't going?

Disney is going to be the death of me.

Earlier I got the email that there was a problem with my card. I called and got that fixed. So I thought. I gave her the card number, she took it and told me it was all good. Now I have a new email.....

"We were unable to successfully process the payment for your merchandise order. Please see the detail for this transaction below."

The email even has an authorization code, so I looked at my credit card account online and the charge is there. It went through. So why am I getting notice that it was not processed? We have 2 RSPs and the other one had no problems and it is also there. The one that went through fine and we got a receipt for was almost $500, and the one with the issue is $1,300. Could it be that there are 2 ISPs on the same card? Was it too much for the Disney Visa discount? Have they flagged me as a reseller? Instead of a member of a local pin club that picked up stuff for other people that aren't going?

It definitely says unable? Because that's what my email says only "able" although at first glance I thought it said unable until I looked more closely. :)

Last edited:
I just bought my tix for the 2nd night. I just emailed them to see if I can put in my RSP order. Let's see what happens. I just want one of the tees being offered. Fingers Crossed!!!

I just bought my tix for the 2nd night. I just emailed them to see if I can put in my RSP order. Let's see what happens. I just want one of the tees being offered. Fingers Crossed!!!
I read you can order anything that they still have available.

Honestly, the commemorative item will probably be something plastic that was made on an assembly line at a high rate of speed in a foreign land. Sigh.....lol
Do you think we'll get a special HM celebration button? I know they usually give out commemorative buttons on the day of special dates...I'm hope they have one for HM's 50th....

If you look at the merchandise catalog, there are either a single * or a double **. Much of the merchandise looks to be regular merch after the event.

I'm expecting that only the limited edition pins and a few other things won't be everywhere in the park after the event.

If you look at the merchandise catalog, there are either a single * or a double **. Much of the merchandise looks to be regular merch after the event.

I'm expecting that only the limited edition pins and a few other things won't be everywhere in the park after the event.
The ultra-limited pin (edition 999) is already gone. I’m sure everything other than those really limited items will be generally available.

For those of you who are doing some form of dressing for the occasion, what is your plan? Are you going all out or just adding some touches?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter