Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I agree that it seems a little odd we're all getting what we wanted for the most part. I was only expecting to get about half of the pins I wanted but I got all but one, and three of many. It sounded like there were thousands of people going for a lot of LE 999 or less pins but I got all but one of them. I was also able to get 3 Funko Pops which I wasn't expecting to get.

I'm in a few facebook groups and almost anytime someone mentions the event, there's someone who doesn't know what we're talking about.

So maybe there are a lot of people going who aren't really getting merchandise? Or maybe thousands isn't really the case? It is a rather expensive event for what you get (that we know of). Hopefully it just means not a lot of people are actually going lol

I agree that it seems a little odd we're all getting what we wanted for the most part. I was only expecting to get about half of the pins I wanted but I got all but one, and three of many. It sounded like there were thousands of people going for a lot of LE 999 or less pins but I got all but one of them. I was also able to get 3 Funko Pops which I wasn't expecting to get.

I'm in a few facebook groups and almost anytime someone mentions the event, there's someone who doesn't know what we're talking about.

So maybe there are a lot of people going who aren't really getting merchandise? Or maybe thousands isn't really the case? It is a rather expensive event for what you get (that we know of). Hopefully it just means not a lot of people are actually going lol

The duration of the event itself is my main concern. Exactly what may be done at a comfortable pace, in only 3 hours? What if 1,000's of people do attend? Who cares to wait in a long line at the cost of almost $300 for a 3 hour event? Sigh.....

The most RSP grumbling I am seeing is about pin #1 and the Harveys Shag Tote.

And more than a few people didn’t submit an RSP because they misunderstood the process. 🤨

I think a lot of people don’t even know of the event. I couldn’t find it on Disney.com. I don’t think I would of known of it if I didn’t watch this forum or followed a few Disney vlogs.

I just hope that Disney doesn't end up selling way fewer tickets than they wanted to sell and then decides to cheap out on the event. It better be worth $100 an hour.

I got 4 of the pops. and 4 of a few of the pins........

I was expecting maybe half of what I requested and a trader or 2. I feel like Disney will have alot of people removing stuff from their carts. Unless people actually pay the prices I'm seeing on eBay. Someone has a $100 pin set listed for $650.

Maybe some if these lots were huge? Sounds like everyone got a Funko. I’m regretting not getting the Madame Leota ears now. Wonder if any would be available on the day. It was difficult deciding on things from concept drawings. I really wasn’t expecting to “win” most of this times 2.

Maybe some if these lots were huge? Sounds like everyone got a Funko. I’m regretting not getting the Madame Leota ears now. Wonder if any would be available on the day. It was difficult deciding on things from concept drawings. I really wasn’t expecting to “win” most of this times 2.
I wasn't a fan of the Leota ears. I did put in for the hat ears but think I'm going to give it up. I recently grabbed the haunted mansion ears that were out last year on PoshMark and I like them so much better than either that were offered for the 50th. The seance room is my least favorite room in all of the haunted mansion.

I know this is going to sound kinda crazy but I was sort of hoping the merchandise would be a little harder to get because I think the value is going to go down because everyone got what they wanted for the most part. I was hoping to get some valuable traders from this but we'll see.

Now for the actual event, I'm nervous about the cost vs. what's available at the party. I really hope there's a lot more that will go on than what they say because it doesn't seem like much honestly for how much it is.

Considering there are tickets still available for both nights and its less than a month away, i'd say its less popular than they thought it would be. i feel like 2017/2018 they did a lot of after hour extra ticket events and it burned out a lot of people.

I am going off the idea that so many did not know these were coming out, and will only know about them after they have all sold out.

Hi, all!
Just wanted to let you know about my RSP payment. After receiving my corrected item list, I emailed Disney and asked if I could pay for everything with a Disney gift card. They said "Sure" and provided a number to call. I called this morning and they processed it. They gave me an option to pay immediately or wait until the 24th. They also said to keep the card on hand in case I have any returns.

Considering there are tickets still available for both nights and its less than a month away, i'd say its less popular than they thought it would be. i feel like 2017/2018 they did a lot of after hour extra ticket events and it burned out a lot of people.
I think it’s also a sign of almost no marketing on Disney’s part. It’s not even on their calendar for those days.

I think it’s also a sign of almost no marketing on Disney’s part. It’s not even on their calendar for those days.

I just hope the event isn't a disappointment.
I was so hoping for an anniversary event that would have exceeded the truly nice, quality of the 40th anniversary of the HM.
I'm concerned still about the tight, expensive, time frame of only 3 hours. I so hope I did not make a mistake by purchasing a ticket.

Do you think they will let us in at 11:30? It says we can start lining up. Maybe we can squeeze some more time with getting there right at 11:30.

I will be frank and say I'm very apprehensive about this. I guess if I was a local I wouldn't be so hesitant. I jumped the hype train and made the mistake of believing this was more exclusive then it was. Between hotel, airfare, etc this was an investment for us. We are still trying to decide what to keep from the merch lottery.

I've been watching and reading reviews of the Pixar VIP event, which is probably the closest type of event previously held. Every review talks about lines. I'm not going to be pleased if I spend my three hours in lines. There are very easy ways for Disney to avoid this. It is amazing how little is known so close to the event.

Disney: Rap on a table; it's time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond! 🎃

I will be frank and say I'm very apprehensive about this. I guess if I was a local I wouldn't be so hesitant. I jumped the hype train and made the mistake of believing this was more exclusive then it was. Between hotel, airfare, etc this was an investment for us.

Me too. We haven't ever done a paid event like this. Having now seen what was done for the 40th and comparing to the 50th and really looking at what they state is part of it I'm not feeling very good about it. I agree - if there are lines for the 3 hours It's going to go beyond being disappointed - I'll be pretty upset.

I'll have to find reviews of the Pixar event so I can start worrying even more. :sad2:

Oh geez - first thing I see is they allowed the Pixar event in at 3pm? And we're kept out until midnight?! When I first saw the entry time for this event I was surprised but figured it was either the norm at DL or they had some extra planned. Yep - worrying more.... And 6 hours..... And they had food included where ours is for purchase.....

I signed up for this on a whim when my niece contacted me the morning of the sign up about it. At that time I believed for $300 for 3 hours that it was certainly going to be quite an event so I said yes. Silly me. At least we were also trying to figure out a time to go down for a visit. Hopefully the general crowds are still lower during the rest of our stay.

Last edited:
The park doesn't close until midnight those 2 nights.

I want it to not turn out how I feel it will. Right now it looks like we'll be allowed 3 hours in part of the park, with the rides subject to close early. If that is the case, Disney WILL hear from me. We're flying down, getting a hotel and spending thousands for this. Looking back, even the exclusive merch kinda sucks. With everything they put out for the 40th and the 45th, plus what they're putting out for D23.........

Do you think they will let us in at 11:30? It says we can start lining up. Maybe we can squeeze some more time with getting there right at 11:30.

I will be frank and say I'm very apprehensive about this. I guess if I was a local I wouldn't be so hesitant. I jumped the hype train and made the mistake of believing this was more exclusive then it was. Between hotel, airfare, etc this was an investment for us. We are still trying to decide what to keep from the merch lottery.

I've been watching and reading reviews of the Pixar VIP event, which is probably the closest type of event previously held. Every review talks about lines. I'm not going to be pleased if I spend my three hours in lines. There are very easy ways for Disney to avoid this. It is amazing how little is known so close to the event.

Disney: Rap on a table; it's time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond! 🎃

I doubt it. Although I really like the idea. What I dislike is the idea of waiting an hour and a half, before being allowed in at 1:00 a.m.
Guess one may say they attended the event for
4 1/2 hours. (eye roll)

Since so many of us feel a lot of apprehension over the lack of information about this event, I was thinking maybe we could set up our own DIS get-together or figure out some fun things to do should the event fall flat. I plan to dress in some sort of nod to HM; maybe we could have a DIS photo together? It's too bad there's no alcohol in DL because we could have some nice deadly brews together but I suppose we could always try for a meet-up sometime prior to lining up for the event at Trader Sam's or something, and of course it can be non-alcoholic as well. Will we be allowed in Tropical Hideaway? I'm guessing it will be closed but do they block it off so you can't go in? Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share!

Since so many of us feel a lot of apprehension over the lack of information about this event, I was thinking maybe we could set up our own DIS get-together or figure out some fun things to do should the event fall flat. I plan to dress in some sort of nod to HM; maybe we could have a DIS photo together? It's too bad there's no alcohol in DL because we could have some nice deadly brews together but I suppose we could always try for a meet-up sometime prior to lining up for the event at Trader Sam's or something, and of course it can be non-alcoholic as well. Will we be allowed in Tropical Hideaway? I'm guessing it will be closed but do they block it off so you can't go in? Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share!

If the event is a fail, I suggest we take tiki torches and storm City Hall! Shouting we want a refund!
Or wait till another day, then send an email that would rival the best mini novella on Telemundo! Maybe both! Haha....no.... really!
A get together is a nice idea. Maybe at Trader Sam's or Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter