Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

I'm sooooo jealous! I love mimosa's. Loving your trip report too!

Glad you are having awesome weather. We had some tornados come through this morning, my brother-in-laws garage is gone and his son's new car was in it, but fortunately no other damage that I'm aware of yet. I did have a chuckle this morning though as we were in our basement and my 3-year-old dd asked me why we had to "hide from the tomato?"

We had some tornados come through this morning

Glad everyone is safe, and the garage and car can be replaced, you all can't.

Enjoying spending time at the pool. Went to the settlement for some refreshments and so DD can play. While there we made a last minute reservation for tonight at TE. This will be our first time eating there in 14 yrs.

We had some tornados come through this morning, my brother-in-laws garage is gone and his son's new car was in it,
Where's your b-i-l live? We had tornadoes south of here last night. Perryville, MO had a ton of damage.

j

Glad everyone is safe, and the garage and car can be replaced, you all can't.

Enjoying spending time at the pool. Went to the settlement for some refreshments and so DD can play. While there we made a last minute reservation for tonight at TE. This will be our first time eating there in 14 yrs.
A review would be appreciated.

Went to TE for a 5:50 dinner reservation. got there at 5:30 and only waited about 3 minutes to be seated. Our server/waitperson, how ever you want to look at it was a guy from Chicago named Kevin who has been working at TE for 1 yr. and before that he was at ESPN. Told him we have not been to TE for about 14 yrs. and he told us everything that was on the buffet. He recommended the brisket and the first piece was delicious, the second time around not so much, it was still tasty but chard real bad. They had Clam Chowder, steaming hot and oh so good. Then they had the usual, chicken pork ribs, corn bread the works. Kevin kept the sweet tea flowing, I think we had 6 glasses total. And then there was the dessert bar, WOW, I had the strawberry shortcake, DW the bread pudding and DD had a brownie and gummie bears.

Then came the bill. :faint: I knew going in it was going to be expensive, but there charging FULL price for a 10 year old, hello.:confused: 2 strawberries, a drum stick and a brownie with gummie bears. :sad2: Anyway, for 3 people the total was 95.85, I tipped Kevin 1 hr of my pay so now he can retire. :rotfl:

And that is my official review of TE.

Went back to the Springs after dinner to weaken the liver some more at Dockside. Tomorrow we will be going to Aquatica waterpark til about 1 then back to camp to tidy up and do laundry.

I'm in Northern Kentucky and so is my bil, they are now saying we just had bad winds and no actual funnel clouds touched down. I keep hoping a tornado will come through and carry off my broken piece of crap camper, but no such luck. We think we have it figured out now, we've taken out the slideout motors that don't want to work for more than a week at a time and are now pushing it out manually and using winches to pull it back in (and we are calling each other Fred and Wilma while we do it). Never buy anything with a Schwintek slide system!!

snowmedic- I hear you on the age thing! This next trip will be our first with having youngest dd require a ticket and have to pay for her at the buffets when I know darn well she is only going to eat one noodle total, and I've been looking at the prices and weeping. We really enjoyed TE for breakfast last time and that is cheaper so we may stick to that.

Then came the bill. :faint: I knew going in it was going to be expensive, but there charging FULL price for a 10 year old, hello.:confused: 2 strawberries, a drum stick and a brownie with gummie bears. :sad2: Anyway, for 3 people the total was 95.85, I tipped Kevin 1 hr of my pay so now he can retire. :rotfl:
I hear ya on the bill thing. I know Disney is expensive but sometimes......
My DD12 does not eat ANYWHERE near an adult portion but that's what we have to pay.

Last time we were there we did the Garden Grill breakfast to get seats for the Candle Light Processional. For 5 of us (Me, DW, DD11, DD19 and her BF21) we ended up paying over $230. Could not use our AP discount, could not use our TIW discount.... Nothing because of the CLP reservation. Never again on that....

I know the feeling. My DS was the same way when he was young, but is now making up for it. He is 19 now, but at about 17 he started eating as much as three adults, so I figure in a few years, all the money lost will be made up.:tongue:. I also think this is the main reason he likes to cruise with us, all you can eat, all the time.

Good evening. Today had us hanging around the camp until about 10:30 when we headed out for our day at Aquatica. Had a wonderful time there. Came back to the Fort at about 3 for pool games and so I could get in a little nap. Had dinner at the site, that saved me a lot of money compared to yesterday. Did some looping and then back to the site for the night. Tomorrow we will be getting up and walking the trail to Wilderness lodge to get Mickey Waffles, the armoured car is going to meet me over there. :rotfl2:

Then we will hang around the Fort for our other ressie that DW and DD don't know about, the weekend golf cart rental.

Got some looping and picture taking to do in the morning so it is off to bed.

Oh my. Now you're a high roller with that surprise! Sounds like you are having fun.... I would love to go to hit up TE someday. Personally I am good with a few plates then a few cocktails. Magic band is my weakness while walking around the Food and Wine festival. Nothing like drinking my way around the world. The last time I was the Wilderness Lodge, it was 24 oz Yeungling! yeah bud

Oh my. Now you're a high roller with that surprise! Sounds like you are having fun.... I would love to go to hit up TE someday. Personally I am good with a few plates then a few cocktails. Magic band is my weakness while walking around the Food and Wine festival. Nothing like drinking my way around the world. The last time I was the Wilderness Lodge, it was 24 oz Yeungling! yeah bud

FB_IMG_1487787328629.jpg

Ah... Yuengling.... My main "Go To" beer.

I say main because, unfortunately, I have expensive Beer Tastes. I like a good Hefeweizen or a Dopplebock (or similar beers along these lines). I love a beer called "Aventinus" which is German (from Schneider Weisse). It's hard to find (by the case) but there is a place not far from me that sells it. Last time I bought a case (over a year ago) it was over $110 :eek:. Needless to say, I savor each one.

Otherwise, if I am buying beer (for the house) it's Yuengling. Good beer and the price is right. It helps that the brewery (the original one, which is the OLDEST operating brewing company in the US) is only about an hour from home.

So, we took the bus to the Settlement then walked over to Wilderness lodge to have Mickey waffles at Roaring Forks, but it was closed, so we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon instead.

Did not need a ressie and was seated right away. Our servers name was Craig from Dallas Texas who has worked at that restaurant for 3 yrs. and a total of 6 at Disney.
We ordered our drinks, I, a coffee, hot tea for DW, which was brought out in a nice case and she could have her choice of about 10 or 12 different flavors, and apple juice for DD. LIl medic had the Mickey waffles with sausage, and DW and I had the All You Can Eat Breakfast Skillet. The food and atmosphere was amazing, this was the first time we ate there. We had to laugh at all the antics that was going on. A family of four that was sitting near us wanted some ketchup, so they brought some out, 2 bottles for each person. Then some one wanted some water and it came out in a huge mason jar. It was all pretty funny. At the end of it all it was a really good time and a great breakfast, and at a great price. For the three of use we paid 52.38 plus tip.

After breakfast we took the boat back to the Fort and the bus to our loop. We have laundry going and waiting to go get our GC. For now the 1600 loop, and I'm sure the others are emptying out but soon will be full for the weekend.

You should have ordered Ketchup with your meal SM. You want to see some fun. Whispering Canyon is always on the hit list when we are in town. We have done Dinner and Breakfast. The first time the family and I were at WCC it was just fall out of your seat funny. Heck i had to be a my little tea pot with all the dads in the section. Yes the food is excellent and I thought the portions are large. The wait staff is really having a fun time. If you didn't know what you were getting into you would think otherwise. I'm glad you finally made the stop to this place.

My well devised plan worked. We are getting a golf cart before our next trip. :dogdance: We picked up our cart at 1 and could not get enough looping. On a full charge, with a tailwind we hit a top speed of 14 mph :car:. We were out in the 900 loop with all three of us up front, DD wanted to see where see was going and not where she has been, and hit the switch and put the cart in neutral. You should have seen the panic when we thought the batteries died because the cart just stopped. Luckily, I remembered what the CM said and that was the first thing I checked.

Today was one of the coldest days, even for this northern boy, since we have been here. DW and DD wore pants all day, and I was in shorts until about 5. I have been wearing sweat pants and my light weight work jacket since then. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. We are doing another Fort day so we can get our $$ worth out of the cart.

We arrived this morning around 2 am, , fifth wheel was on site 1003. Our apologies to anyone on 1000 loop whose sleep we may have disturbed. Have been to MK this morning and will return this evening.

We arrived this morning around 2 am, , fifth wheel was on site 1003. Our apologies to anyone on 1000 loop whose sleep we may have disturbed. Have been to MK this morning and will return this evening.

Glad you made it back, Boomer1. We stayed on 1003 the one time we've been in 1000 loop. It backs right up to the 900 Comfort Station as I recall. You'll like it.

Say hey to your DH for me. Enjoy your stay and go visit snowmedic. He's cool.

Bama Ed

Was by your site this afternoon Snowmedic, you must have been out enjoying the Disney Magic. I will try to catch you later. By the way, you have a great looking site.

you have a great looking site.

Thank you. We went over to Cocoa to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner and finally made it back, (9:15). Tomorrow will be resort hopping and getting dole whips at the Poly. Thanks for posting that @bama_ed. We went by your site last night but found nobody around. I'm sure we will meet up by Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter