Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

Have a safe trip home, Vince. :drive:

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Bama Ed

You are the gold standard for trip reports. Well I anointed the gold standard on the March thread. LOL Rest up and tell us all about it when you can.

On our check out day we got up at 6:30 to finish breaking camp then took the bus to the Lodge for our last ressie. There was only 2 other families at the resturant. Our server did a great job at making us laugh on our last day. When he was not busy he would come over and talk with us for awhile. Pics to follow, they are on my I-phone.
After we headed back to the site to get our car and head out. We took the last of the gear to storage and then hit the road. Traffic leaving Orlando was a nightmare. We left the Fort at 10:30 and made it out of Orlando at 11:20 with all the road construction, spring break and bike week. Once outside Orlando the drive was not to bad, until we hit the GA/SC line. It took us 1 hr. to drive 16 miles in SC because of a accident. After we passed that the drive picked up. We made it to exit 20 in NC at 7:30 and decided to call it a night. It wasn't were I wanted to stop but it was all I could handle, we where only 550 miles from the Fort, 950 more miles to go. We left the hotel at 9:00 and drove to Albany where we stopped at Cracker Barrel for a 8:00 dinner, the service was not even close to what we had at Disney. After dinner we had another 3 hr. drive till home, and walked in the door at midnight.

The Fort and all the people that we encountered everywhere we went were great. It was wonderful to have a golf cart for a weekend, but I still enjoyed walking the loops in the morning and at night. We where at the Fort for 11 days and 12 nights, and loved every minute of it. Out of the 11 days we only did 2 park days, Aquatica, the rest of the time had us running all over Cocoa, Orlando and just enjoying the Fort.

Hoping everyone enjoyed reading along as I have been updating. Like I said earlier, we do have another trip planned for later in the year, keep watching for that one.
Hope to see even more of you at the Fort, be safe in your travels, and have a GREAT TIME!!

Snowmedic.

Unpack, thaw out, and book another trip.

Thanks tiggerdad, the car is unpacked, and ready to make a grocery run and the next trip has been booked for over a year. Keep me updated on your dates for your next trip and maybe we will see ya there. :thumbsup2

Very cool. Exit 20 in NC is really bad Mojo for me. I avoid with a passion. I will get fuel high in NC just to avoid that area. My spidey senses where tingling after almost getting jacked or whatnot at that exit. However, I am bummed out I will not get a chance to run into this year. I am still wondering if you got my text though. Interesting thought huh? ;) Reply back in text though.

Snowmedic & Family, Your trip report was WONDERFUL!! I felt as though I was at the Fort. Sad for Grumpy & myself. My Boss said I could not take off end of May for the Dis meet. We take inventory on the 31st. I normally have nothing to do with it, but being the accounting dept, I have to get all the monies posted, etc. We will make next year for sure - if God willing & the Creeks don't rise. Reservations going in very early. SEE Y'ALL REAL SOON!!

Well, hate you won't be able to join us in May. Work can be a bother sometimes but we have to be thankful for its presence.

We'll try to live up to Snowmedic's standards as far as trip reports go.

We'll try to live up to Snowmedic's standards as far as trip reports go.

That won't be to hard. I would love to go to that met but May is when work really ramps up and 'Lil Medic has her end of year field trip for homeschool, they try to stay within 3 hrs. of here so GSP would definitely be out of the question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter