Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Anaheim?

I’ve stayed a few times. We just walk.

I haven’t taken a shuttle because I have no interest in that AND I’ve nebet seen the lot. So I disagree with the easy comment above.

I also go up harbor and in the main entrance to the esplanade.

But those hallways are, in fact, long.

Yeah, the hallways are starting to sound like a real downside. I guess we just have to hope that we're not too far down.

We’ve never stayed at the Hilton but have been inside. I wold estimate that it is about 1/4 mile from there to the park entrance gates For what you’ll pay for a room at the Hilton, why not stay someplace closer? There are so many hotels on Harbor blvd. that are closer with all kinds of price ranges. Look at online hotel reservation sites. Pull up their map of hotels listed and you’ll see.

We have plenty of time to change, and we'll probably look around a bit. We made the reservation a few months ago so it's hard to remember what exactly convinced us. I know the facts that we could get "Disney View", and that they had a bar and restaurants were important. I think though that we did believe the distance to the parks was shorter.

I’m at the Hilton now. The walk isn’t bad at all! The rooms on the other hand desperately need renovations done. The room I’m staying in actually has a good sized hole in the wall.

I’m at the Hilton now. The walk isn’t bad at all! The rooms on the other hand desperately need renovations done. The room I’m staying in actually has a good sized hole in the wall.

Oh geez, I'm so sorry. Would you say that you are overall unhappy? (Might be a dumb question, considering.)

Oh geez, I'm so sorry. Would you say that you are overall unhappy? (Might be a dumb question, considering.)
Well, there are also about 1000 teenagers here for a convention so the hotel is loud all the time! Im more annoyed at that vs the room. I’m at Disneyland right now and when I get back, I’m going to see if they have a different room.

Well, there are also about 1000 teenagers here for a convention so the hotel is loud all the time! Im more annoyed at that vs the room. I’m at Disneyland right now and when I get back, I’m going to see if they have a different room.

I hope they can find you something better.

It's not bad there and can be cheap, at least it has indoor hallways. Just make sure you get a room close to the elevators. It can be a maze in there and take forever to get to and from your room. The Hyatt seems closer and faster to me and the rooms are nicer. But, it's usually quite a bit more expensive so I would say not worth a price difference. If they're the same price, I do prefer the Hyatt. Remember to take resort fees into account when comparing.

Last edited:

It's not bad there and can be cheap, at least it has indoor hallways. Just make sure you get a room close to the elevators. It can be a maze in there and take forever to get to and from your room. The Hyatt seems closer and faster to me and the rooms are nicer. But, it's usually quite a bit more expensive so I would say not worth a price difference. If they're the same price, I do prefer the Hyatt. Remember to take resort fees into account when comparing.

Thanks - I'm looking at changing to the Hyatt Place (there are 3 Hyatt's there!) as the rates are about $100 difference per day. The place looks nice, and they have a bar and food available. According to another thread it's not far from the (Toy Story ?) parking lot to catch the tram. My husband thinks it looks "sterile" though, so I'm not positive yet. The other Hyatt's are too pricey for this trip.

Uber or lyft is $5 one way for the whole car from the Hilton, so if it's a lot cheaper, you could do that instead of the long walk or tram. The Hyatt we stayed at was above the Walgreens (the Hyatt house maybe?). Some of them are far away so check Google maps.

I'm not sure what your hubby means by "sterile," but the Hyatt Place rooms do look like the photos. Immaculate, clean, and brand new. (I have no idea how new the place actually is.) My family gave me grief because it wasn't "high end" enough, but I just laughed at my spoiled crew as I chowed down on my free breakfast. Annoyances were the thin door between rooms where I could hear everything the obnoxious neighbors said one morning, and the parking fee. Everyone seems to charge for parking, but it's still annoying. Not annoying, but weird was how I had to ask the front desk for lotion. There was shampoo, conditioner, and soap in the room, but no lotion.

I'm not sure what your hubby means by "sterile," but the Hyatt Place rooms do look like the photos. Immaculate, clean, and brand new. (I have no idea how new the place actually is.) My family gave me grief because it wasn't "high end" enough, but I just laughed at my spoiled crew as I chowed down on my free breakfast. Annoyances were the thin door between rooms where I could hear everything the obnoxious neighbors said one morning, and the parking fee. Everyone seems to charge for parking, but it's still annoying. Not annoying, but weird was how I had to ask the front desk for lotion. There was shampoo, conditioner, and soap in the room, but no lotion.

I think he means just a lack of color. Kind of tan and bland. We won't have a car so parking fees aren't an issue for us. Thin doors however, not good.

That Hyatt Place is actually a bit closer to the Toy Story lot (maybe by a minute). If it’s $100 less a night, I would probably switch hotels. We usually just stay at Hiltons when we stay offsite, because we are diamond members and we like the free Starbucks

Check out the Homewood suites. It is right next to Toy Story and also a Hilton Property. It is a newer hotel and the rooms weren't bad there. They also have a free breakfast which gets pretty crowded with all the people going to Disney. It is not a bad place to stay. Have also stayed at the DoubleTree a little further up the block. Rooms were big, not great, but less crowded during breakfast. I am Hilton Diamond as well so always try and stay at a Hilton property. Have not stayed at the main Hilton mainly due to the size of it and number of people who can be there.

We are Hilton Diamond also and have stayed at most of the Hilton properties around DL. We are at the Doubletree in June this time around. Needs a update but we like the size of the rooms and the separate bedrooms. Hilton Anaheim is ok but wouldn't be in my top 3 Hilton properties in the area.

I’m staying there at Christmas as I couldn’t pass up the rate (about $130 a night) but I have stayed very close by and the walk is not an issue. The other thing is they will be doing security checks at the Disney Toy Story Parking lot across the street by then which could (?) be a timesaver first thing in the morning as the security lines at the Harbour entrance can get quite long.
All the best.

We've stayed there a few times (Hilton Honors members) and it's been just fine. Especially the theme park view rooms with floor to ceiling windows. Very large suites.
It is a convention hotel, so huge with long waits for the elevators at peak times. Not a lot of Disney magic, if any at all.

With on property rates blowing through the ceiling this summer and fall because of Star Wars, we decided to stay there on points instead. Plus, it includes a free breakfast so that's a nice perk.
It's an easy walk across the convention center property to the pearly gates. The ART bus system is a joke.

Well, due to a lot of the responses we have switched our reservation to the Hyatt Place. I think (hope) we've made a good choice.

Well, due to a lot of the responses we have switched our reservation to the Hyatt Place. I think (hope) we've made a good choice.
Just FYI, at the moment MouseSavers and I think Undercover Tourist have links to the Hilton Anaheim beginning at $99 a night. You should check into it. It might be worth it to save some money.

We’ve stayed there a few times (also Fiamond and stay with points). It’s ok...rooms are big and beds are comfy. But, it’s huge and the walk from the lobby to your room can be convoluted. We prefer the Homewood Suites...closer to Toy Dtoru, smaller and brighter.

We Uber in the mornings for rope drop and walk or ride the Toy Story Shuttle back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter