Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Anaheim?

DeniseJH

DIS Veteran
We are going to be staying there in the fall and would love any thoughts about the place. For one thing, I read that the best way to get to the parks from there is to cut through a parking lot to catch a tram. Is it going to be obvious to us where to go? Would it be easier to just take a cab? Thanks in advance!

I stayed there about a year and a half ago. We took an Uber one evening over that direction, and it took forever for him to arrive. I'm sure that was just situational though. We walked over in the morning because I wanted to be first at a gate, haha, but I'm sure Uber/Lyft would have worked too. The walk wasn't bad. 15-20 minutes, and we walked over through the Convention Center and then down Harbor. We took the Toy Story bus back at the end of the night and it was an easy walk over to the Hilton.

We’ve stayed there several times. It’s very easy to access the Toy Story lot. The Hilton is right across the street from it. When leaving the hotel, you just walk to Harbor Blvd via Convention Way, cross Harbor at the light, and then you’re at the entrance to the shuttle lot. The whole walk takes maybe 8 minutes.

The lobby is nice, but the rooms themselves are on the shabby side. That hotel definitely needs a refurbishment. I had no reservations about the cleanliness, though, so I would definitely stay there again if the price was right. After a couple of stays, I do prefer the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Place because they are much nicer. The walk from the Hilton is perfectly fine.

The lobby is nice, but the rooms themselves are on the shabby side. That hotel definitely needs a refurbishment. I had no reservations about the cleanliness, though, so I would definitely stay there again if the price was right. After a couple of stays, I do prefer the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Place because they are much nicer. The walk from the Hilton is perfectly fine.

Oh, maybe we should look into the other two you mentioned. We do have reservations at the Hilton, but they can easily be changed.

Thank you!

We’ve stayed there several times. It’s very easy to access the Toy Story lot. The Hilton is right across the street from it. When leaving the hotel, you just walk to Harbor Blvd via Convention Way, cross Harbor at the light, and then you’re at the entrance to the shuttle lot. The whole walk takes maybe 8 minutes.

Thank you - will it be easy for us to figure out how to get to where the tram picks up?

We've stayed there numerous times. The lobby Starbuck's can get very crowded if there is a convention there, but otherwise we love being able to get our coffee before heading out in the morning.
The cell signal is terrible for us in the lobby, so just don't rely on that.
We usually walk to the parks in the morning going straight down Harbor or walk to the DL hotels going through the Convention Center, across Katella to Disneyland Dr.
At night we take the Toy Story shuttle back.
If you can snag a corner Disney View room, the ones we've gotten have been huge.
It does probably need a refurb, but we've never had any maintenance or cleanliness issues.
The breakfast buffet is great, but pricey unless you get it free because of your Hilton status.

Last edited:

Thank you - will it be easy for us to figure out how to get to where the tram picks up?

It’s super clear. When you enter the parking area, you just keep walking on the sidewalk and it’ll be right in front of you, very clearly marked. And you’ll see a line of people waiting to board.

It’s super clear. When you enter the parking area, you just keep walking on the sidewalk and it’ll be right in front of you, very clearly marked. And you’ll see a line of people waiting to board.

Excellent - thanks again.

We've stayed there numerous times. The lobby Starbuck's can get very crowded if there is a convention there, but otherwise we love being able to get our coffee before heading out in the morning.
The cell signal is terrible for us in the lobby, so just don't relay on that.
We usually walk to the parks in the morning going straight down Harbor or walk to the DL hotels going through the Convention Center, across Katella to Disneyland Dr.
At night we take the Toy Story shuttle back.
If you can snag a corner Disney View room, the ones we've gotten have been huge.
It does probably need a refurb, but we've never had any maintenance or cleanliness issues.
The breakfast buffet is great, but pricey unless you get it free because of your Hilton status.

Thanks for all the info!

We do have a Disney View room reserved. Did you ask for the corner, or is it up to luck?

Thanks for all the info!

We do have a Disney View room reserved. Did you ask for the corner, or is it up to luck?

We've never asked for one, just lucked out. I'm not sure if all the corner rooms are like that or if we were getting a small upgrade because of Hilton status or empty rooms or something. Never hurts to ask though.
If you get the Hilton app, you can choose your room and check in using it before you show up. You could see if those corner rooms are available. But there is no opportunity for random upgrades at check-in that way.

We've never asked for one, just lucked out. I'm not sure if all the corner rooms are like that or if we were getting a small upgrade because of Hilton status or empty rooms or something. Never hurts to ask though.
If you get the Hilton app, you can choose your room and check in using it before you show up. You could see if those corner rooms are available. But there is no opportunity for random upgrades at check-in that way.

Oh wow, thanks for that.

We've stayed there multiple times, but only when receiving a convention rate or booked on a special they were running. The lobby is gorgeous, but the rooms seriously need refurbished. If I ever paid rack rate I would not be happy with the rooms. The corner rooms are larger, and we picked that one (not thru an app, as a PP suggested, but when we booked they gave us the option of picking our room on line) last time we stayed there. The view was lovely, but the stains on the carpet were beyond disgusting.

You can not use the Starbucks app to preorder, and anytime we went there in the mornings it was packed. TS parking lot is convenient, but the walk is not bad. We always rode back to the hotel and walked to DL about half the time.

Stayed there July 2016 and a few times before that. If we are not staying on property that is where we stay. It is a bit further away than your across the street ones, but we just grab a ART bus or grab the Toy story shuttle back. We like more of a hotel than a motel. Their pool is nice and they have a small water park kind of thing for kids. Starbucks is on site and they also have two shops at least and a few quick restaurants with like pizza or sandwiches kinda food. .

We stayed there in early Feb. of this year. Loved it. We could see Paradise Pier area from our room. It was clean and updated. We just walked to and from the parks down by the Grand and into the downtown Disney security area in the morning. On the way back at the end of the night, we cut through the Grand. The way home was hard with the kids. DS9 barely made it. LOL. Loved that they had a mini fridge now (it had been awhile since our last stay). Also, having a bar in the lobby is nice too! Be aware of the parking fees. We paid for valet because they would charge our electric car, so that was nice! I think this hotel is one of the biggest on this side of the Mississippi.......so it can be quite the walk from the elevator to your room. Just FYI for tired feet at after a full day at the parks. Have a great trip!

I’ve stayed a few times. We just walk.

I haven’t taken a shuttle because I have no interest in that AND I’ve nebet seen the lot. So I disagree with the easy comment above.

I also go up harbor and in the main entrance to the esplanade.

But those hallways are, in fact, long.

We’ve never stayed at the Hilton but have been inside. I wold estimate that it is about 1/4 mile from there to the park entrance gates For what you’ll pay for a room at the Hilton, why not stay someplace closer? There are so many hotels on Harbor blvd. that are closer with all kinds of price ranges. Look at online hotel reservation sites. Pull up their map of hotels listed and you’ll see.

check wh
We are going to be staying there in the fall and would love any thoughts about the place. For one thing, I read that the best way to get to the parks from there is to cut through a parking lot to catch a tram. Is it going to be obvious to us where to go? Would it be easier to just take a cab? Thanks in advance!

Check when the tram starts running. I heard they don't start until the park opens so if you want to be there before roe drop then it wouldn't be beneficial

Check when the tram starts running. I heard they don't start until the park opens so if you want to be there before roe drop then it wouldn't be beneficial

The Toy Story busses from this lot start running 90 minutes before park opening (30 minutes before MM).

We stayed there in early Feb. of this year. Loved it. We could see Paradise Pier area from our room. It was clean and updated. We just walked to and from the parks down by the Grand and into the downtown Disney security area in the morning. On the way back at the end of the night, we cut through the Grand. The way home was hard with the kids. DS9 barely made it. LOL. Loved that they had a mini fridge now (it had been awhile since our last stay). Also, having a bar in the lobby is nice too! Be aware of the parking fees. We paid for valet because they would charge our electric car, so that was nice! I think this hotel is one of the biggest on this side of the Mississippi.......so it can be quite the walk from the elevator to your room. Just FYI for tired feet at after a full day at the parks. Have a great trip!

Sounds like the updates must have been recent - good to know! Yeah, the bar was a big draw for us. We'll definitely be taking the shortcuts at the end of the night, sounds like the tram to the parking lot is probably our best bet. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter