Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So dinner after 4pm seems to be open but not the lunch hours for June 4th for Carnation Cafe. So weird.

Napa Rose opened up right at 6am on the 60 day mark this morning. I was able to get the time I wanted with no problem. I did sign up for dining alerts and kept getting alerts all morning, so either more times kept getting added or people were canceling/modifying reservations throughout the morning.

So dinner after 4pm seems to be open but not the lunch hours for June 4th for Carnation Cafe. So weird.
Lunch was booked up weeks ago - Dinner's freshly available. As recently as last week, Dinner was walk-up only.

Last edited:

Napa Rose opened up right at 6am on the 60 day mark this morning. I was able to get the time I wanted with no problem. I did sign up for dining alerts and kept getting alerts all morning, so either more times kept getting added or people were canceling/modifying reservations throughout the morning.
That gives me a little hope for booking it on Father’s Day evening. I made a back up reservation offsite just in case. Luckily, going to WDW for many years has prepared me for the current DLR madness. Also, a lot of our local hot restaurants are going this route. Please give me patience🙏

Lunch was booked up weeks ago - Dinner's freshly available. As recently as last week, Dinner was walk-up only.
Lunch for June 4th never opened up. There's some weird thing about before May 31st and after May 31st. Lunch was readily available before May 31st when those ADRs opened. I've never gotten any alerts for Carnation Cafe when all the others I put in for were sent to me. Carnation Cafe has been weird for over a month now.

Lunch for June 4th never opened up. There's some weird thing about before May 31st and after May 31st. Lunch was readily available before May 31st when those ADRs opened. I've never gotten any alerts for Carnation Cafe when all the others I put in for were sent to me. Carnation Cafe has been weird for over a month now.
They've clearly been experimenting with walk-up for the last few weeks. (DLGirl was told as much by a CM in recent weeks.) Breakfast seems to be readily available for June - which makes me wonder if they've decided to make Lunch the new "walk-up only" timeframe. (I can't imagine walk-up only Dinner was working all that well for them - it seems like it had a 15 minute wait every time I looked.)

Goofy’s dropped this morning. The browser was a mess, sometimes appearing in Spanish and sometimes in English and would not let me book with my credit card on file. Interestingly, it did book when I entered a different card.

Then I went into the app and booked a second reservation (cancelling the first) for five minutes later and it took my credit card on file just fine. So you know… fun morning :)
Someone said in another thread she kept getting error messages and her cc co was blocking. I wonder if Disney’s it issues were causing your and her problems with on file card.

Disney makes it so much harder to book for large groups, I feel like they don't want our business. I promise we spend lots of money as a large group! We have 13. We have no problem booking different tables - we don't even necessarily have to sit at adjoining tables, but their 'helpful' software to avoid conflicts means I cannot even make the reservation at many restaurants. It is so much worse than the first large trip I planned where I just called in my reservations and the human being on the other end was able to reserve the right amount.
I used dh account and my sis too when needed.

Someone said in another thread she kept getting error messages and her cc co was blocking. I wonder if Disney’s it issues were causing your and her problems with on file card.
At one point, I had to re-enter my card info. It started erroring on me for no apparent reason (I missed out on a few desireable ADRs because of it), so I switched cards to book. But, eventually, I deleted the original one and re-entered it - after that, no issues. I can only guess that the authentication might expire after a certain point of time.

At one point, I had to re-enter my card info. It started erroring on me for no apparent reason (I missed out on a few desireable ADRs because of it), so I switched cards to book. But, eventually, I deleted the original one and re-entered it - after that, no issues. I can only guess that the authentication might expire after a certain point of time.
I also had that issue this morning with my cc that is on file (booked my ressy on another card). Glad to know there appears to be a solution.

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at Carnation cafe but I do see availability during my trip. Is it a really good restaurant? I guess we could try it..
I don't think it's a "really good" restaurant but it's good for people watching and food seemed decent enough but I've only been once for breakfast post COVID but used to eat there more regularly moreso for location (at the park already) than food pre COVID.

Has anyone seen Lamplight Brunch drop for June? I’ve had alerts set for the first weekend in June. I was able to get everything on our list except that one. Never got an alert for it, and never saw it drop.

6/15 Reservations for both Lamplight Lounge and Oga’s dropped at 6am PDT today. I went for my dinner reservation at Lamplight lounge first right at 6am, but then started looking for a noon-ish Oga’s reservation and there was only a 10:15 available. I kept refreshing and a 1:00 did finally pop up. So don’t give up immediately! People might realize their time won’t work for one reason or another.

Here now! Weather is perfect and it’s packed which was expected. Had dinner at Trader Sam’s last night (one of the reservations I Really wanted) and now just wondering what the hype is? Maybe it was an off night (Friday at 9:30). We would of rather sat outside as more atmosphere. It was very quiet with empty tables even tho they were turning people away. Food was great! So if you can’t get a reservation go to the take out window for the food and drinks! Chicken wings were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter