Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

6/15 Reservations for both Lamplight Lounge and Oga’s dropped at 6am PDT today. I went for my dinner reservation at Lamplight lounge first right at 6am, but then started looking for a noon-ish Oga’s reservation and there was only a 10:15 available. I kept refreshing and a 1:00 did finally pop up. So don’t give up immediately! People might realize their time won’t work for one reason or another.
Agreed! I had the same type of success a few weeks ago when planning the majority of our ADRs.

Grab any available time slot for fast going places like Ogas, Lamplight etc. and then modify, modify modify.

I'm seriously frustrated. We're a pair of east coasters coming in next week on a last minute trip, so we completely missed the window for ADRs. I've been flailing around like crazy for the last two weeks, trying to book Oga's, Lamplight, or Trader Sam's for the two days we'll be there but having zero luck. I've never had this much trouble even on a last minute trip to WDW. Is it always this hard or is this a result of too few restaurants being open comparatively?

I'm seriously frustrated. We're a pair of east coasters coming in next week on a last minute trip, so we completely missed the window for ADRs. I've been flailing around like crazy for the last two weeks, trying to book Oga's, Lamplight, or Trader Sam's for the two days we'll be there but having zero luck. I've never had this much trouble even on a last minute trip to WDW. Is it always this hard or is this a result of too few restaurants being open comparatively?
We are coming home today from a 4 day trip. We decided to go after the 60 mark, so I had to troll for my ADRs, just like you are! But I did get them all eventually. Got BB, LL brunch and LL lunch/dinner, Oga’s, Naples (had to do walk up list, they said 1 hour 45 minutes, but it was really 25 minutes; you can see where you are on the list on the Open Table link in the text when you get on the walk up list). Could have had Napa, Trader Sam’s and everything else many times over. Stalk the site (dining reservations alert service was not performing well for me). Night before or day or two before is best Time to snag them though stressful with park reservations and all. Good luck!!! I think you will get them!

Stalk the reservations starting 48 hours in advance, so many things will pop up. You can also try to walk up to all these places. They seem to be holding back advance reservations more than they used to and offering more walk ups.

Thanks, this is all good to know! I've been stalking reservation availability in general each night for the following day, just to get a feel for the timing of reservations being dropped the day before. Walk-ups will definitely be the course of action if this keeps up. Dining reservation text alerts have been a major failure so far.

You haven't? Places popular like Ogas at WDW are always booked within minutes of being available….

Not to the extent that I'm having issues with Disneyland.
Definitely make sure you are trying right at 6am PDT 60 days prior to the day you want to go. I had no problem finding the exact times I wanted at Oga's when logging on and making reservations at that time for two separate days. But if your 60 days is past, as others have mentioned, it sounds like a walk-up wait list is available pretty much daily. And definitely start checking about 5 days prior to when you want to go as people will start cancelling reservations if they aren't sure they will make it.

thank you so much for sharing! Got dinner for June 6. Now we just need either the dessert party or lunch at WCT for World of Color and a Fantasmic Dining package.
Any updates on dining packages/dessert party? Anyone been able to book Plaza Inn package for week of June 6?

I was only able to manage a 2:10 res for LL on the same day we have a 4:30 res for WCT. Does it seem worth it to keep the LL if it is just going to be snacks/apps for us? We've never been so I was mainly hoping for some ambiance. Was very surprised I couldn't get anything later for WCT (I'm booking for a party of 13, so I have to do all kinds of tricks to make anything work).

I was only able to manage a 2:10 res for LL on the same day we have a 4:30 res for WCT. Does it seem worth it to keep the LL if it is just going to be snacks/apps for us? We've never been so I was mainly hoping for some ambiance. Was very surprised I couldn't get anything later for WCT (I'm booking for a party of 13, so I have to do all kinds of tricks to make anything work).
I could see getting a drink and maybe 1 app to share. Otherwise, that's just cutting too close for me, unless you don't mind not leaving a clean plate or not eating a ton at WCT. I don't eat a lot though, so that probably clouds my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter