• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So, from reading this thread it looks like Disneyland dining reservations are available at 6am PST 60 days out. Is this correct? Just checking. I read somewhere that it was 6am EST, and I'm really hoping I don't have to be up at 3am tomorrow(I'm in Ca).

So, from reading this thread it looks like Disneyland dining reservations are available at 6am PST 60 days out. Is this correct? Just checking. I read somewhere that it was 6am EST, and I'm really hoping I don't have to be up at 3am tomorrow(I'm in Ca).
This appears correct. I also had 6 am EST in my head, which is why I was up at 4 am local time yesterday and then accidentally missed the actual reservation opening. For what it’s worth, I checked Trader Sams this morning at 5:30 PST and got the same error message I was getting when I tried too early yesterday, and when I checked again at 6:30 PST, they had opened.

It has been 6am Pacific time lately, yes! Hasn't been 3am since they changed it.

Disney makes it so much harder to book for large groups, I feel like they don't want our business. I promise we spend lots of money as a large group! We have 13. We have no problem booking different tables - we don't even necessarily have to sit at adjoining tables, but their 'helpful' software to avoid conflicts means I cannot even make the reservation at many restaurants. It is so much worse than the first large trip I planned where I just called in my reservations and the human being on the other end was able to reserve the right amount.

It is a pain but if you book with 2 different accounts ( I used my daughters) you can book 2 tables. But completely agree that it is a pain!
That's what we've been doing, but there isn't a way to link dining reservations in the Disneyland App unless you make them with your own account, so I can't share the plans with the other accounts either.

I love doing things online and hate having to call in to do certain things, but some things just are better done with a phone call. Reservations for large groups is one of those things! I really wish they'd open up the dining line again.

This appears correct. I also had 6 am EST in my head, which is why I was up at 4 am local time yesterday and then accidentally missed the actual reservation opening. For what it’s worth, I checked Trader Sams this morning at 5:30 PST and got the same error message I was getting when I tried too early yesterday, and when I checked again at 6:30 PST, they had opened.
You maybe have a minute for Trader Sam’s and reasonable Oga’s times. Set an alarm and consider using an atomic clock for the initial 6:00 a.m. search.

I have never been able to book dinner at Carnation Café for June 6. Any idea what is up? Did I just do a really bad job and miss it?

I have never been able to book dinner at Carnation Café for June 6. Any idea what is up? Did I just do a really bad job and miss it?
No - Carnation has only been dropping breakfast reservations lately.

I’m still trying to modify our May 26 10:30am CC to a lunch or dinner but nothing has been released yet (I’m signed up on a reservation watch site so I’ll be notified if/when openings happen).

May have to try walk up if they don’t ever drop any!

So I went to book dining at Disneyland at 60 days out and only Cafe Orleans was available for lunch or dinner. I like Cafe Orleans so I booked it. My question is are there Fantasmic/Electrical parade dining packages available and I already missed them, or have they not been posted yet?

So I went to book dining at Disneyland at 60 days out and only Cafe Orleans was available for lunch or dinner. I like Cafe Orleans so I booked it. My question is are there Fantasmic/Electrical parade dining packages available and I already missed them, or have they not been posted yet?
They haven't haven't announced the dining packages yet. We only know they are in the works. I think the Disney blog said they'll be posted by the 14th.

Nothing for Fantasmic yet as far as dining packages. Plaza Inn will have Electrical Parade dining packages. They will start becoming available on April 14th at I'd imagine 6am Pacific Time.

I was up and able to book Oga’s for 6 people in my group for June 11!
I am hoping to get Lamplight lounge res for 11 people. Will it work or should I aim for a lesser number? Do they book that large of a group on the app for that dining spot?

I was up and able to book Oga’s for 6 people in my group for June 11!
I am hoping to get Lamplight lounge res for 11 people. Will it work or should I aim for a lesser number? Do they book that large of a group on the app for that dining spot?
I don't think it'll take 11 for LL. I was able to grab for 8 and 5 though.

Carnation Cafe dinner reservations just became available for May 24th and I was lucky enough to grab one - there were more available times listed.

Just FYI they may be dropping some CC ressys over the next few days.
May 6th evening opened up too! I was able to switch our 130pm reservation to 6pm.

Carnation Cafe dinner reservations just became available for May 24th and I was lucky enough to grab one - there were more available times listed.

Just FYI they may be dropping some CC ressys over the next few days.

thank you so much for sharing! Got dinner for June 6. Now we just need either the dessert party or lunch at WCT for World of Color and a Fantasmic Dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter