Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Has anyone had luck with ADRs for Halloween weekend at:
Blue Bayou
Plaza Inn

I’m in Central Time and was checking at 5:00am each morning with no luck for these 2 restaurants. I’ve read several pages back of this thread, so I see it’s a recurring problem. But I just want to make sure it’s not a lost cause yet. We haven’t been to DL since 2017, and it’s my best friend’s first trip. This is my top Must Eat place…not necessarily for the food, but the atmosphere. As WDW regulars, it’s one of the reasons I love POTC better at DL!
I'm still searching for 10/25 to 10/28 for BB myself. I've had alerts on Mouse Dining and Mouse Watchers set up since 65 days out and haven't heard a peep.

According to the DL website, it looks like Carnation Cafe will only be open for breakfast and lunch at first. Open 8 am - 2 pm!

With Carnation Cafe hours now being posted (even though no dinner hours), I’m guessing reservations will start any day now. I’m surprised because I didn’t expect them to start until the week of 9/13.

Has anyone had luck with ADRs for Halloween weekend at:
Blue Bayou
Plaza Inn

I’m in Central Time and was checking at 5:00am each morning with no luck for these 2 restaurants. I’ve read several pages back of this thread, so I see it’s a recurring problem. But I just want to make sure it’s not a lost cause yet. We haven’t been to DL since 2017, and it’s my best friend’s first trip. This is my top Must Eat place…not necessarily for the food, but the atmosphere. As WDW regulars, it’s one of the reasons I love POTC better at DL!

I don't think those have been released yet. Neither of those are available yet for mid October. Disneyland definitley doesn't release things at 60 days anymore :(. I got my Lamplight at 50 days out. I began searching about 5 times a day at 60 days out and Lamplight never showed up until the 50 day mark. I have not seen BB, Plaza, or Goofy's for October 15th and beyond yet.

Goofy’s now has hours posted for dates after 9/15, but if you click on check availability, it won’t let you enter a time. Also the restaurant page still says no characters. It’s good to finally see some progress being made though.

Trader Sam's also has hours posted after Sept 15th too. So it looks like reservations are expanded? DH freaked me out by thinking we missed it, but based on the posts about Carnation and Goofy's Kitchen it looks like we are gearing up for another round of reservations being released but have not yet.

Do people think they would drop midday or overnight at the typical time?

ah yes...the good old days when you could call disney dining and listen to disney music for a few minutes (not hours) and speak to a live person and make your ADR:cloud9:
Exactly!!

Even the website/app says you have to call to cancel, yet Disney terminated (after 18 months I'm not calling it furlough) the dinning phone line CM's so there's no one to call. 🤷‍♂️ 714-781-DINE
Thankfully I've not been charged a 'late cancellation/no show fee', so maybe they're waiving it for now.

Last edited:
************ is absolutely the way to go. I booked a last weekend and found out about this service. I have been able to book the following in the last 48h.

• 9/8
    • Trader Sam's @ 1:10 PM
    • Napa Rose @ 5:50 PM
  • 9/9
    • Carthay Circle Alfresco @ 12:40 PM
    • Blue Bayou @ 6 PM
  • 9/10
    • Plaza Inn with Minnie & Friends @ 9:20 AM
If you're really particular about your dining experiences it is worth the upcharge to get these ressies. I know it matters to me! Just got my Chef's Table ressie for Dapper Day.

I signed up for ************. They alerted me when there was an open reservation for Oga's but by the time I got to a computer it was long gone :(

Trader Sam's also has hours posted after Sept 15th too. So it looks like reservations are expanded? DH freaked me out by thinking we missed it, but based on the posts about Carnation and Goofy's Kitchen it looks like we are gearing up for another round of reservations being released but have not yet.

Do people think they would drop midday or overnight at the typical time?

And again, I was not on the computer all day today and now all the reservations are gone for Trader Sam's for the time I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I got up for days at 3 am trying for reservations but there were no times for the end of Sept. Now the times are there but no available reservations.

And I agree, Disney's level of customer service has really sunk low and it used to be so good! :sad:

For everyone suffering with dining reservations in this thread, please send in a comment about your frustrations to Disney. (Use the DL website -- look for the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.) Disney management NEEDS to hear about what a miserable experience planning a DLR trip has become, both for vets and newbies. They need to hear how valued the Dine Line CMs were and how many of us appreciated them. A manager once told me that for every comment received, Disney knows that there were probably 40 other guests who agree, but didn't write in. So send in those comments!

Goofy’s now has hours posted for dates after 9/15, but if you click on check availability, it won’t let you enter a time. Also the restaurant page still says no characters. It’s good to finally see some progress being made though.
[/QUOTE
Today I booked Goofys Kitchen for
Today I booked Goofys kitchen for
Monday 9/20.
I noticed that website said there will be characters starting Sept 16.
I am wondering if the menu is strictly buffet or if there is also table service.

Today I booked Goofys kitchen for
Monday 9/20.
I noticed that website said there will be characters starting Sept 16.
I am wondering if the menu is strictly buffet or if there is also table service.

Glad to see they are taking reservations now.
I don’t recall Goofy’s ever offering table service. It is strictly a buffet at the moment without characters. I don’t see that changing at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter