Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

This was so tough. We just got done with a trip and the only thing I could find was a two-person reservation at Cafe Orleans. When I rode past Blue Bayou on Pirates, it seemed like there were much fewer tabels and less people eating. I assume they are just limiting things while everything passes.

This was so tough. We just got done with a trip and the only thing I could find was a two-person reservation at Cafe Orleans. When I rode past Blue Bayou on Pirates, it seemed like there were much fewer tabels and less people eating. I assume they are just limiting things while everything passes.
Yeah, I had read at one time, only 10 or 11 tables were available. But when we were there this week, it was easily double that amount, but I didn’t count for sure

For those looking at character meals, I wanted to let you know at Storytellers, the characters are not coming back throughout the after close time. I know I read in the past, characters would have more fun together when only a few guests were left, so wanted to let you know that wasn't happening if you plan a late breakfast.

The food is really good though, so still absolutely worth it! We had a 10:45 reservation today, but had plenty of time to get seconds and Even thirds if we wanted. We also saw the characters as we first came in, which I guess was close to 11, we were running a little late, then one additional time around 11:20. I did ask our server later if they were done for the day and he confirmed that was all the appearances they would make.
Can you describe what the character interaction is like? Do characters come to your table anymore? We have a reservation for our trip next week and I want to manage expectations:)

Can you describe what the character interaction is like? Do characters come to your table anymore? We have a reservation for our trip next week and I want to manage expectations:)
Yes, they do come by your table, but it’s really quick, maybe a few quick poses before going to the next table. Definitely not any hugs or playing with the kids. They still make it fun, it’s just not like the old character meals

Last edited:

On the small chance that this has not been already mentioned, I found a FB post last night informing that Blue Bayou reservations were only showing up when you searched a time not a meal (ie 3pm vs Lunch). As I had no luck seeing BB come up in my searches I gave it a shot and got a reservation. Just want to pass along the helpful info in case it hadn't been mentioned.
I have found this to always be true for any dining res whether during the pandemic or not. I just begin entering times even if they aren't anywhere near where I want them and times will often pop up. I don't know if it is because someone "just canceled" their res while I was choosing a different time or what it is, but it has always seemed to work rather than choosing a loose time frame like "lunch"! I am trying to book right now for the 2nd week of September for just 2 people in Carthay and can't find anything. It is my b'day that day for pity's sakes! I am hoping we can go to the door and beg for mercy the day before or day of. :(

I have found this to always be true for any dining res whether during the pandemic or not. I just begin entering times even if they aren't anywhere near where I want them and times will often pop up. I don't know if it is because someone "just canceled" their res while I was choosing a different time or what it is, but it has always seemed to work rather than choosing a loose time frame like "lunch"! I am trying to book right now for the 2nd week of September for just 2 people in Carthay and can't find anything. It is my b'day that day for pity's sakes! I am hoping we can go to the door and beg for mercy the day before or day of. :(
Carthay reservations haven’t been released yet. Read the thread—hours were just posted today so reservations will likely be released overnight. Check back at 2am est

Carthay reservations haven’t been released yet. Read the thread—hours were just posted today so reservations will likely be released overnight. Check back at 2am est
Yep! Lamplight Lounge hours went up yesterday afternoon, and the actual reservation availability dropped at - wait for it- 2 a.m. Pacific time! :faint: It’s so crazy. People were saying they usually drop at 3 pacific, but sometimes midnight… so I checked at midnight and again at 3, when I got the slot I wanted. Then again, I’m still seeing availability now, 16 hours later. So your mileage may vary.

So if I can only choose one, Carthay or LL? Carthay seems it would be too much time during OBB.

I also have a Ogas reservation I’m going to release. This one is for 3 people on Saturday August 7th, so this Saturday. Let me know if you want it by tonight and we can coordinate. We went on Monday, so don’t need to go again. Thanks!

if that’s for the late afternoon/early evening on Saturday, I’d like to try to snag it.

It's 3:12 a.m. Pacific, and 10/6 isn't clickable yet but 10/4 and 10/5 are still NO availability for any restaurant, any time of the day. I've never felt more pessimistic about a DL trip. [redacted] this, I'm going back to bed.
The waiting is frustrating. But at least you know they aren’t all gone, just not released yet?

It's 3:12 a.m. Pacific, and 10/6 isn't clickable yet but 10/4 and 10/5 are still NO availability for any restaurant, any time of the day. I've never felt more pessimistic about a DL trip. [redacted] this, I'm going back to bed.
Yeah I had a similar experience at my 60-day out mark. I'm on the east coast so got up at 6 a.m. local time but still, basically nothing (or at least nothing good) was available. Turns out that's because they hadn't released the good stuff (Blue Bayou, Oga's, etc.) yet for my dates, and that continued to be the case for a few weeks. It's frustrating for sure, but stick with it. Ultimately I was able to get Napa Rose, BB, Oga's, LL and Riverbelle Terrace. Now just waiting on Trader Sam's availability on Aug. 11....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter