Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Now, while we are on a reservation thread, anyone know the secret to getting into Oga's Cantina the2nd week of September?😂
I had a reservation for the Carthay al Fresco lounge last week and when I was seated I was taken to the the bar downstairs. It didn't bother me because I was hot and the AC was nice, plus I love the background music. But if you book the al fresco thinking it is outside only there is a chance that you will be seated inside somewhere downstairs so if you want to be outside make note of that and check in with a real person and not on the app.
Thanks for the heads-up on the al fresco. I had assumed since the name and description said outside...but I should know never to assume with Disney and definitely not assume with Disney during a Pandemic...😃 I was able to get a dining reservation for inside later that day so I may be inside after all. I am letting one of them go back into the draw pool in a few minutes once DH decides if he wants to chance bar food inside 🤔 🤣 on my bday🥳

Ok so what am I missing. Whenever I look for reservations for any date nothing seems to be available at any restaurants. My first park day just opened today. I was checking at 530am eastern time and no times were available anywhere. It just seems odd to me that I've never seen any available times. Am I doing something wrong? I'm particularly interested in blue bayou on October 6.

Ok so what am I missing. Whenever I look for reservations for any date nothing seems to be available at any restaurants. My first park day just opened today. I was checking at 530am eastern time and no times were available anywhere. It just seems odd to me that I've never seen any available times. Am I doing something wrong? I'm particularly interested in blue bayou on October 6.
If you look up thread a bit, you’ll see why this thread exists- the angst and agony of DLR’s completely illogical reservation system. Yes, it’s supposed to be 60 days out. No, it’s nothing like as consistent as WDW’s system. Half the time, esp post Covid, they don’t even know what hours they’ll open the parks till a few weeks before. So your best bet is to START checking at 60 days, and click right through the times- not just “breakfast, lunch, dinner” time periods. Some stuff will start showing up, and often the most hard to get ones (Blue Bayou, Oga’s Cantina, Lamplight Lounge, Napa Rose) will be very inconsistent, like 50, 45, 42, or fewer days before your date. One method is to look at the restaurant’s description page- not the app’s reservations widget- and look for the calendar icon. Click on your dates. If it’s not showing hours for that day, they’re not posting reservations yet. People watch for those hours to go up, because usually that means that the reservations are going to drop within 24 hours for that date.
Hope that helps.

October 6 has not opened yet. So far the latest I have been able to get is October 2.

Thank you avalon451...I felt like that is what I was piecing together going through the thread but seeing it spelled out really helps!

If you look up thread a bit, you’ll see why this thread exists- the angst and agony of DLR’s completely illogical reservation system. Yes, it’s supposed to be 60 days out. No, it’s nothing like as consistent as WDW’s system. Half the time, esp post Covid, they don’t even know what hours they’ll open the parks till a few weeks before. So your best bet is to START checking at 60 days, and click right through the times- not just “breakfast, lunch, dinner” time periods. Some stuff will start showing up, and often the most hard to get ones (Blue Bayou, Oga’s Cantina, Lamplight Lounge, Napa Rose) will be very inconsistent, like 50, 45, 42, or fewer days before your date. One method is to look at the restaurant’s description page- not the app’s reservations widget- and look for the calendar icon. Click on your dates. If it’s not showing hours for that day, they’re not posting reservations yet. People watch for those hours to go up, because usually that means that the reservations are going to drop within 24 hours for that date.
Hope that helps.
!

I have been looking for a Disney place for my sisters birthday on Aug 17 and I noticed that Plaza Inn Dining packages are showing up now but with not available in the reserved time screens. Anybody else see that? Is this for Firework packages or Fantasmic.

I have been looking for a Disney place for my sisters birthday on Aug 17 and I noticed that Plaza Inn Dining packages are showing up now but with not available in the reserved time screens. Anybody else see that? Is this for Firework packages or Fantasmic.
I heard someone saw this for Hungry Bear too. I really think Fantasmic is coming back soon.

I gave up on the 5th. The only thing I can guess is that perhaps they are in the process of some kind of capacity change, so they don't know how many tables to book. This is purely a guess, but our booked cruise just notified us that we have to pre-test and wear masks, so some things aren't stable.
Agree with others...subscribe to the notification service. It works. When the reservations load, they will let you know. Logging in to check the DL website repeatedly gets old fast.

I just got a call from LL. They wanted to confirm that I had OBB tickets for the night I made a reservation (9/11). They wanted to offer me an earlier booking if not. She mentioned that their system left reservations "open" a little longer than it should have.

So I managed to snag a LampLight for October 7 just now. Oga's, Blue Bayou, and the character breakfast at Grand Californian all come up empty. I'm *hoping* those just aren't released yet. I signed up at Mouse Dining for alerts for those - thanks for the tip wildekatza!

I just made a reservation for lunch @ Craftsman Bar for 9/30. These weren’t open yesterday.

Oga’s looks booked through 10/9 tho :( Keep trying.
Thank you for the info about Craftsman Bar opening. I was able to go out and grab a dinner slot for that same week. We're still hoping for a table at Napa Rose instead, but if that doesn't happen, GCHCB would be quite nice, too.

This is both crazy and ridiculous. Disney planning is tough enough already. But when you need to look online for dining reservations 5 times a day, hoping your restaurant has opened more availability, there is something wrong with the process.

Thank you for the info about Craftsman Bar opening. I was able to go out and grab a dinner slot for that same week. We're still hoping for a table at Napa Rose instead, but if that doesn't happen, GCHCB would be quite nice, too.

This is both crazy and ridiculous. Disney planning is tough enough already. But when you need to look online for dining reservations 5 times a day, hoping your restaurant has opened more availability, there is something wrong with the process.

ADRs in general are not my favorite because I don't love spending so much time sitting down and I like the flexibility of deciding when I want to eat when I'm hungry and not...you know...months beforehand. Agreed that their system is not ideal, especially since at WDW at least everything is open at 60 days, this piecemeal adding different restaurants on different weeks for different time periods is a little insane.

All that being said, good luck getting what you want! I second (third? fourth?) the use of ADR finder tools ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter