Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

All Swarovski crystals with a teal glitter base. It sparkles like crazy in the sun!!!

25hgv1e.jpg

This is absolutely STUNNING! I want to add some crystals to mine too (along the edges) did you just use super glue? E6000 craft glue?

This is absolutely STUNNING! I want to add some crystals to mine too (along the edges) did you just use super glue? E6000 craft glue?

I use insane amounts of clear nail polish, haven't lost a stone yet and I have 3 crystal bands. I prefer E6000 for fabrics.

Also, any concensus on what is the best way to get the band to glow in the dark? I bought what they had a Justice and Claires. Both are colored (pink, green, blue, orange) although I suspect they won't impart much color per se. I did get colors that go with our actual band colors. Is the paint from craft stores better?
I bought glow in the dark mod podge to paint over my band. I' on my 4th coat and am finally seeing a glow in the dark effect. I think that I am going to have one more quote and see what that does. Then I will spray acrylic sealer.

For those using Silhouettes/ cricuts - Which type of vinyl or paper are you using? Very excited to create my bands with my favorite geeky crafting gadget (my silhouette) I just want to make sure I purchase the right supplies. I have basic vinyl but I feel it would peel right off. Are you using outdoor vinyl or using a sealant? Thanks in advance!

Wanted to add an update on my band for those wondering about longevity.

I painted my band with acrylic paint and topped with OPI base coat mid-June.
I wear this band at least once a week and it usually travels with me hooked onto my purse, so it has plenty of opportunities to get banged up.

I noticed slight cracking along the bend about a month in, mainly on the side with the holes since that bends more. Last week some of the paint started flaking so I decided to repaint it today. For 2.5 months of pretty constant wear, it's done pretty good! For anyone just wearing them on a short trip (meaning anything less than 2.5 months) a basic painted band should hold up great.

DSC_0905.jpg DSC_0906.jpg
(so you can see the cracks and some of the flaking)

For those using Silhouettes/ cricuts - Which type of vinyl or paper are you using? Very excited to create my bands with my favorite geeky crafting gadget (my silhouette) I just want to make sure I purchase the right supplies. I have basic vinyl but I feel it would peel right off. Are you using outdoor vinyl or using a sealant? Thanks in advance!
I used Cricut brand vinyl and I think it's the kind you use for wall art. The back is adhesive and it stuck right to the band. I did have a a few layers of nail polish on the band, so I think the vinyl sticks to a painted band better than it would a smooth plain band. I'd at least put on clear base coat before applying the vinyl. I also put a layer of base coat over the vinyl to seal the edges. Hopefully it holds up, but I guess I'll know in another week!

I used Vinyl Ease that I bought from Amazon. It is a permanent, outdoor vinyl. I did not use a base coat nor did I use a top coat or sealer. Someone told me on another board not to cover it because the vinyl needs to breathe.

Yes, I cut them with a cricut and painted clear sparkle over them. It was SO easy!

Hi, can you explain how you created that shade of blue on your band? Is that a specific nail polish? I am waiting on the gold decals of Peter Pan and the kids to arrive (darn, I haven't been able to find a gold Tinkerbell silhouette decal) but I would love to know how to get the shade of blue that you created. Thanks,

I used water slide decal paper. I did not have success with inkjet paper but did with laser paper. I used white paper on colored bands and one of my bands I painted white and used clear paper. Then spray the top with Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic and no cracks and works AWESOME!

image.jpg
image.jpg

I did a video. On how I did it :)

Ghost from Target works but it isn't transparent so you will see it over any decoration you have on your band. In order to get the paint to glow, you have to keep it under some light for a bit...so it won't last too long. I'd like to see if anyone else has any advice on glow in the dark paint.
I used Krylon glow in the dark white spray. It was a smaller can at micheals. Didn't know I needed to paint my band white first lol. It came in other glow colors and Very translucent my bad color showed right through. So if you do it first before other decoration I bet it would work.it was hard to get a pic but turn out great! image.jpgimage.jpg

I used water slide decal paper. I did not have success with inkjet paper but did with laser paper. I used white paper on colored bands and one of my bands I painted white and used clear paper. Then spray the top with Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic and no cracks and works AWESOME!

View attachment 122371
View attachment 122372

I did a video. On how I did it :)
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. Where did you find the water slide paper? I'm watching the video now so if you say where I haven't gotten to it yet lol thank you again!

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. Where did you find the water slide paper? I'm watching the video now so if you say where I haven't gotten to it yet lol thank you again!
The link is in the description of the video but just in case http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-sheets-P...nsfer-paper-/231269343104?hash=item35d8ba1f80

Make sure to seal it. I used Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray (comes out A LOT thinner than other acrylic sprays and dries very very clear) I did about 4 coats to be sure :)

Last edited:
Got these from www.magicyourband.com Just wanted to give our input on these skins in case anyone is considering. We ordered five of their predesigned skins. They are so cool! Ordered last Wednesday and they arrived on Tuesday, so 6 day turnaround (including Labor Day Weekend).

Kids love them, and so do my wife and I. When you order a skin you end up getting two skins of that design (I assume in case one gets damaged or something.) They are easy to apply, but take a little bit of effort to remove any wrinkles or bubbles. (not too bad though, certainly manageable). They say they are waterproof. I found a great video on youtube from them on how to apply the skins.

Love the idea of having something a little different than the cookie cutter colors that are offered through Disney! Stylin!Bands.jpg

Dan

P.S. No, I do not work for magicyourband.com, nor was I asked to review them

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter