Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

We got our Magic Bands today and blinged them out and are so excited to wear them in 24 days!!!

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

We used the nail polishes in the above pictures. The jeweled stripes are Kiss Nail Artist Stickers that I cut into strips. We are very happy with our bands and are so excited to wear them. We both have small wrists, so we were able to remove the outer grey band.

These are incredible. I'm hoping to do something like this!

Ok....I have to ask.... If a mistake is made with nail polish on the bands, will nail
Polish remover take it off WITHOUT ruining the band? Just wondering...

On clear coat or not. I painted all of our bands (after trip, just for the kids to play with). I didn't do a clear top coat on any of them, all but one has held up to my DD (7) and DS (2) playing with them. The only nail polish that didn't hold up has been the platinum silver color that I put on his gray band.
That being said, when hubby and I go next month I will be clear coating my band once I get it in and styled.
Has anyone tried applying stickers? I'm wanting to put rose stickers on mine.

I put some of the raised stickers you can get at michaels on my Xmas one, and just needed to superglue the edges. stayed on the whole trip. I had snowflakes, my friend had gingerbread men.

We have 3 different hotel stays on our upcoming trip, so we got 3 sets of Magic Bands to decorate!

I started out pretty conservative:

20140115_182735.jpg

20140115_183133.jpg

Then got a little bolder:

20140115_183056.jpg

Dg4tsVC6MzBH7dqzaEHe1LZrSCLHxY5T-jBrE9Mvif3T=w810-h608-no

By the time I was done, I could only be glad that my fiancé is secure in his masculinity - he likes pink, but really?!?

20140115_182937.jpg

20140115_183144.jpg

I'm so excited to rock these - the glitter pops so much more than in the pictures! I think the blue pearl one is my favorite.

I thought the Mickey Head on the band had to touch the sensors? They always made me touch the band to the sensor?

I thought the Mickey Head on the band had to touch the sensors? They always made me touch the band to the sensor?

I thought so too. I'm pretty sure I read some early reports of customization attempts that ruled out rhinestones on the face because of that.

It was pink. I took 3 coats of purple to get it a deep purple. The picture has two coats on it and you can still see the pink through it. After that I did the glitter on it. I don't have a current picture of it since it was my grandmother's and I don't have it with me. It came out great though.

Thanks! I bet it looks great with another coat on it!

I thought so too. I'm pretty sure I read some early reports of customization attempts that ruled out rhinestones on the face because of that.

I saw pictures of some with rhinestones and such on the face, so it might work. If not, I can always either pop them off, or use another band.

I love seeing all of the pictures! Everyone did a great job...now, to bling or not to bling? I've got 13 days to decide, lol...can't wait to see more pictures!

Sunday I was able to decorate my DD magic band n she loved it! Can't wait to have more time and decorate my DH n mine.
82F5175F-33B8-44BD-BFAA-0F917C781BFF.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter