Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Do you folks think using vinyl cutouts would work then put either clear nail polish or the clear glow in the dark polish over them to seal them in?

Finally figured out how to upload pictures!! Got back a week ago yesterday :(. Our bands worked great and we were constantly stopped and asked how we did it. Even the cast members were in awe!! Used Essie nailpolish, Sally Hansen pen for around the Mickey head on the pink one and Essie top coat. No problems!

Finally figured out how to upload pictures!! Got back a week ago yesterday :(. Our bands worked great and we were constantly stopped and asked how we did it. Even the cast members were in awe!! Used Essie nailpolish, Sally Hansen pen for around the Mickey head on the pink one and Essie top coat. No problems!

Love Jensen's band:thumbsup2 So simple, yet it stands out and really catches your eye

Thanks! I liked jensens too - but had to do the bling for the girls. Meant to add curly q mustaches all over for my hubby's - brought the sally Hansen pens and just got so distracted I forgot!

Those of you that put designs on your bands, but didn't color the entire band...did you top coat the entire thing? I'm not interested in making it glow in the dark or anything, but I'm wondering how this will hold up? I just used nail polish to color the Mickey head and added a couple other things. I think I would rather not top coat it, but I don't want it to chip easily either. ;) Any thoughts?

Any ideas on what to do for 11 year old DS blue band and 8 year old DS green band? I'm stumped. Not interested in adding glue-on items, just nailpolish or sharpie design stuff.....

Buzz lightyear? Eeyore, Star tours?

kaybird said:
Buzz lightyear? Eeyore, Star tours?

I actually did a buzz-ish green one and my 11 year old went for a Frozone-ish themed blue one. Posted photos earlier in the thread.

Just got back from Disney with our decorated bands!! We had so many people stop us and ask about them...from CM's to resort guests. One guy even thought we paid extra for them!!!

The LSU nail art tattoos held up great. We didn't have any problems with any of our bands chipping or cracking.

Someone asked how we did the LSU one. It was originally a yellow band but I didn't like the yellow so I painted over it with another yellow. I painted the outside lines with the purple polish. Then we painted the purple tiger stripes. After that I put the tattoos/stickers on them. I let dry for over 24 hours and painted a clear coat on it.

Chip and Dale were the funniest ones about our bands. They made us take a picture with them holding up our wrists! I went in to talk to a CM's at guest relations one night and I said "I have a question for you about our Magic Bands" He looked at me and said "First I have to a question for you and how did you get your band to look like that with LSU!?"

It was so funny. One guy even tried to buy it from me! LOL

Anyway here are our other bands we did. Nothing too crazy like my LSU one but we still got loads of compliments. The purple one in this picture got an extra coat of purple and some glitter on it as the final product.

1533965_10102975556872205_1558391579_n.jpg

Can you tell me what color your purple one started out as?

I currently have green ordered but thinking of changing it to pink and then coloring it purple, but wondering if I could just change green to purple. I really want a somewhat sparkly purple. Thinking purple with glitter nail polish on top.

Those of you that put designs on your bands, but didn't color the entire band...did you top coat the entire thing? I'm not interested in making it glow in the dark or anything, but I'm wondering how this will hold up? I just used nail polish to color the Mickey head and added a couple other things. I think I would rather not top coat it, but I don't want it to chip easily either. ;) Any thoughts?

I haven't done my MB yet, just responding from nail polish experience. Every year I put little sticker gems on my pedicure in the shape of a Mickey head. I put a top coat over them to 'seal it.' With all the walking (in flip flops) all week, swimming, etc...I've never lost a single gem. So putting on a top coat should help your design stay put I would think!

Can you tell me what color your purple one started out as?

I currently have green ordered but thinking of changing it to pink and then coloring it purple, but wondering if I could just change green to purple. I really want a somewhat sparkly purple. Thinking purple with glitter nail polish on top.

It was pink. I took 3 coats of purple to get it a deep purple. The picture has two coats on it and you can still see the pink through it. After that I did the glitter on it. I don't have a current picture of it since it was my grandmother's and I don't have it with me. It came out great though.

I haven't done my MB yet, just responding from nail polish experience. Every year I put little sticker gems on my pedicure in the shape of a Mickey head. I put a top coat over them to 'seal it.' With all the walking (in flip flops) all week, swimming, etc...I've never lost a single gem. So putting on a top coat should help your design stay put I would think!
Okay thanks, maybe I will do it just to be safe. :thumbsup2 Here's what we did last night (just used nail polish on ours):
11948172054_5abcaf002b.jpg
I don't have a very steady hand, and will probably need to get a fine point sharpie to go around the black mickey head on my Minnie themed one.;) I'm going to bring my undecorated pink one from last Oct for backup just in case mine doesn't hold up!

pArKsFaN said:

My DH's Tigger band (posted photo earlier) has no topcoat, just the Tigger stripes in polish. We don't start Disney for a couple days, so I don't actually know how it will wear, but my impression is that it will do well. We'll see.

My DH's Tigger band (posted photo earlier) has no topcoat, just the Tigger stripes in polish. We don't start Disney for a couple days, so I don't actually know how it will wear, but my impression is that it will do well. We'll see.
Ok, good to know. I don't really want ours to be shiny all over, or end up with the polish cracking like someone else mentioned…but if it helps them from chipping I'll do it.:thumbsup2

Okay thanks, maybe I will do it just to be safe. :thumbsup2 Here's what we did last night (just used nail polish on ours):
11948172054_5abcaf002b.jpg
I don't have a very steady hand, and will probably need to get a fine point sharpie to go around the black mickey head on my Minnie themed one.;) I'm going to bring my undecorated pink one from last Oct for backup just in case mine doesn't hold up!

Super cute!

I get so excited seeing all the new bands. My daughter already has her Little Mermaid theme design worked out for the most part. I'm wavering on mine and my husband is still thinking, too. My favorite color is purple, so I was bummed they didn't have a purple band. I'm thinking of doing a purple/green Merida, or a Minnie Mouse. I might do Minnie for the baby if I don't do it for mine.

My son's favorite character is Captain Jack Sparrow- and he loves pirates. I'm having a hard time coming up with something other than brown/orange color scheme for that. I don't like that idea, because he's almost 4 and fickle. ;) He likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates, too, but not as much as Captain Jack. His favorite color is green, so for right now I have a green band ordered. We have until May 7th to confirm our colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter