Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know to many this may be very far fetched, but with the aid of DNA, does anyone ever think that Harry may possibly had found out that he is in fact, not Charles' son, and this was the beginning of his feeling not fully a royal and wanting and giving an out for pulling away, yet he can never say it since it would betray his mom?
I know Harry isn't the brightest, but I also think he's paranoid enough not to send his dna to a commercial company. If he has ever done that, it will be done in secret with a private lab.

I think Harry would think ignorance is bliss in this case. And maybe yes, doing the DNA test would mean, he has to acknowledge that his mother was unfaithful early on in the marriage (3,5 years after marrying Charles)

I know Harry isn't the brightest, but I also think he's paranoid enough not to send his dna to a commercial company. If he has ever done that, it will be done in secret with a private lab.

I think Harry would think ignorance is bliss in this case. And maybe yes, doing the DNA test would mean that his mother was unfaithful early on in the marriage.
That would require his father's cooperation, unless Harry pulled off some secret operation to obtain his dad's DNA without Charles being aware.

DNA testing wasn't really a routine thing at all when William and Harry were born.
DNA testing was very common and reliable in 1983 when Harry was born. What I am saying is because lineage is crucial to the basic tenants of the monarchy, as a routine matter they might have included it in a standard birth procedure -- like ink printing feet.

That would require his father's cooperation, unless Harry pulled off some secret operation to obtain his dad's DNA without Charles being aware.
It doesn't take paternal cooperation. It takes collecting a DNA specimen from any source where they are 100% certain the specimen came from Dad -- hospital blood work, a drinking glass etc. However, I'm sure if it was a standard part of the birthing process, Charles would have cooperated. As to the baby -- a cheek swab, diaper etc.

Harry could have done the royalty-adjacent sort-of jobs for nepo babies, like all the other inactives do. Finance, art, whatever. But maybe he doesn't have the chops for that. I actually think Meghan would be good in a role like that.

I guess his plan is to whine instead for the next few decades, until people get tired of listening. We aren't tired yet, so I guess it's working?

Great minds think alike, @HopperFan

James Hewitt
1673540405815.jpeg

Prince Phillip
1673540314875.jpeg

Prince George and Earl Spencer (Diana‘s brother, Charles)
1673540762663.jpeg

Prince Louis and Michael Middleton (Princess Catherine’s dad)
1673540859173.jpeg

Princess Charlotte and Lady Sarah Chatto, ie Princess Margaret’s (QE2’s sister) daughter
1673540969275.jpeg

Princess Charlotte and Prince William
1673541236396.jpeg

I always find family resemblances very interesting. With my own kids I can see different people in them at different times, and it’s evolved with age. And different people see things differently with them, too - some people think one looks like me and the other looks like DH; sometimes it‘s the exact opposite. So I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

It doesn't take paternal cooperation. It takes collecting a DNA specimen from any source where they are 100% certain the specimen came from Dad -- hospital blood work, a drinking glass etc. However, I'm sure if it was a standard part of the birthing process, Charles would have cooperated. As to the baby -- a cheek swab, diaper etc.
Yes, the second part of my comment stated that Harry could have obtained it without Charles knowledge or consent -- although that's not ideal. Personally can't imagine Charles participating.
DNA testing was absolutely not very common in the 80's.
True. Jeffreys' advances only occurred in 1984, the year Harry was born.

Moehringer went to social media to defend Harry (and himself) about inaccuracies.
The first might help. The second doesn't.

Harry: "I remember I was at Eton when my great grandmother died."
- "Eh no... you were skiing with your brother."
Harry: "My memory is my truth. And it is equally worth as your objective fact."

Harry gets more and more similar to other people who have their own truth ;) #alternatefacts

View attachment 731378

View attachment 731379
"fables we tell ourselves about the past."

Ah, there's the rub. Go and think for a second about what you said there, Harry.

James Hewitt
View attachment 731461

Prince Phillip
View attachment 731460

View attachment 731465

View attachment 731466

Princess Charlotte and Lady Sarah Chatto, ie Princess Margaret’s (QE2’s sister) daughter
View attachment 731467

View attachment 731468

I always find family resemblances very interesting. With my own kids I can see different people in them at different times, and it’s evolved with age. And different people see things differently with them, too - some people think one looks like me and the other looks like DH; sometimes it‘s the exact opposite. So I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder.
I'd only ever seen Charlotte compared to young Elizabeth, but the likeness to Margaret's daughter is incredible.

George does show quite a bit of resemblance to Diana's brother. Before his hair went gray wasn't he a bit of a redhead, strawberry blonde? I think at least one of Diana's sister's is as well. I always felt Harry took after the Spencers in that way and William had more of Diana's coloring, and especially a few of her mannerisms.

Harry could have done the royalty-adjacent sort-of jobs for nepo babies, like all the other inactives do. Finance, art, whatever. But maybe he doesn't have the chops for that. I actually think Meghan would be good in a role like that.

I guess his plan is to whine instead for the next few decades, until people get tired of listening. We aren't tired yet, so I guess it's working?
That’s normally the military for royal sons but H could pass the test for Major from Captain so he was stuck career wise in military. He could have done something like coaching kids or something. Sort what William did when he flew Air Ambulance and donated his salary. Harry really should have talked to Anne and Edward , but it’s obvious he thought he and his wife were the global stars of the family and rest of family was just jealous plotted with evil British media to drive them out. It’s like a bad fanfiction.

James Hewitt
View attachment 731461

Prince Phillip
View attachment 731460

View attachment 731465

View attachment 731466

View attachment 731467

View attachment 731468

Diana & Hewitt met 2 years after Harry was born, almost 3 from conception. I think that rumor is done.

BUT WOW the Philip & Harry one is amazing. Very often when you remove hair (add hat) you can focus more on the face.

Next review:

The New York Times - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/10/books/prince-harry-spare-review.html

Prince Harry Learns to Cry, and Takes No Prisoners, in ‘Spare’​

At once emotional and embittered, the royal memoir is mired in a paradox: drawing endless attention in an effort to renounce fame.

In the prince’s full-throated renunciation of fame and royalty with all its punishing invasions of privacy, he has only become more famous, if not more regal, trading his proximity to the throne for the No. 1 spot on cushioned chairs opposite Oprah and Anderson Cooper. With “Harry & Meghan,” the gauzy Netflix series preceding this book, he and the Duchess now might well be overexposed. (Maybe this is part of the grand plan, to drive away inquiring minds by boring them to bits?)

Mired in a “red mist” of grief and anger, the prince self-medicates at first with candy and then, as the hated tabloids report with varying degrees of accuracy, alcohol, weed, cocaine, mushrooms and ayahuasca. (More mildly he tries magnesium supplements, and I’m not sure anyone needs to know that this loosened his bowels at a friend’s wedding.)

Like its author, “Spare” is all over the map — emotionally as well as physically. He does not, in other words, keep it tight.

In an odd feat of projection, he gives the groom an ermine thong at the reception, then applies to his own nether regions the Elizabeth Arden cream that his mother used as lip gloss — “‘weird’ doesn’t really do the feeling justice”

And yet when his father advises of the unrelenting and often racist press coverage of Harry’s union to Meghan — “Don’t read it, darling boy” — it’s difficult not to agree. The prince claims to have a spotty memory — “a defense mechanism, most likely” — but doesn’t appear to have forgotten a single line ever printed about him and his wife, and the last section of his tell-all degenerates into a tiresome back-and-forth about who’s leaking what and why. Maybe a little more Faulkner and less Fleet Street would be helpful here?

Still bitter over the late author Hilary Mantel, unnamed here, comparing the royal family to pandas — “uniquely barbarous” and dehumanizing, he writes, while admitting “we did live in a zoo” — Harry then turns right around and calls three courtiers the Bee, the Fly and the Wasp. He seems both driven mad by “the buzz,” as the royals’ inexhaustible chronicler Tina Brown would call it, and constitutionally unable to stop drumming it up.

DNA testing was absolutely not very common in the 80's.
Hey! "Whad'ya Know." (Old RK radio show which later morphed into a statement of surprise "whaddayaknow." -- Now I'm showing my age! :crutches:) You are right. The standard of reliability for courts for admissibility of scientific tests is the Frye test. Apparently the first wave of using DNA in criminal cases started in 1986.

(I could have sworn we were doing research and writing briefs on admissibility of DNA testing in 1983-1984. I know we were doing research and briefs on the admissibility of polygraphs (lie detector tests) and the author of "Tremor in the Blood" testified. Nope. Not admitted. Didn't meet the Frye standards.) Anyway, I have to keep reminding myself that being well funded, we had access to cutting edge scientists and expert testimony so as to being "common" it would have taken a while after that anyway. Sorry to have doubted you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter