Harboring a Rebel Spy - 9 days at the YC, many firsts for these vets - Updated 12/22

Here is a whole mess of FoF pics:

DSC_0938_zpse90393f1.jpg

#FoFselfie

DSC_0941_zpsd02e14c7.jpg

We never fell under Frozen-Hysteria as many houses with female children did, but here ya go for those of you that did.

DSC_0943_zpsb3fb5260.jpg

Love this guy from Tangled.

DSC_0949_zps3f28bb74.jpg

I don't know what this is, but I know I like it.

DSC_0952_zps3ed0d990.jpg

DSC_0962_zpsd5c9e23a.jpg

DSC_0964_zps6422b6ad.jpg

DSC_0965_zpsd61e48db.jpg

DSC_0970_zpse1f669bd.jpg

DSC_0988_zps44dad6d9.jpg

I don't know this little girl but I wish I did so Icould give her mom this pic!
DSC_0994_zps8795cd2f.jpg

Maybe it was just because we had seen Celebrate a Dream Come Trou 107 times, give or take, but I really really loved this parpade. No one complained or aske dwhen it would be over, so I assume the kids liked it too. Actually, they always enjoy parades. Hubs is the hold-out, but he knows better than to say one word against them in front of me. :lovestruc

I'm in! I found your TR on the BC/YC thread. Heading to the YC for the first time next Aug, so I was hoping for a good TR.

Totally enjoying it so far, but I should have kept a notepad beside me as I was reading as there were so many things I wanted to say but now I forget!

It's so fun to try new things! I love Nemo too. I hadn't realized that the left side of PW is more hurlish though. LOL I love riding that with others if they flip out or get scared (not actually get sick though!).

I love the Peoplemover, and FoF parade. Looking at your pictures made me think I want to see it more than once on my next trip. I am BIG into photography, especially at Disney (I took about 8900 pictures last trip) and now I want to watch the whole parade with different lenses on my camera. Once with my zoom, once with my wide etc.

Totally annoying about the wait at BOG, but it's so beautiful, isn't it? Did you try the strawberry cupcake? That is delicious too! They didn't have the one with the grey stuff when I was there. That means next time!

I'm in! I found your TR on the BC/YC thread. Heading to the YC for the first time next Aug, so I was hoping for a good TR.

Totally enjoying it so far, but I should have kept a notepad beside me as I was reading as there were so many things I wanted to say but now I forget!

It's so fun to try new things! I love Nemo too. I hadn't realized that the left side of PW is more hurlish though. LOL I love riding that with others if they flip out or get scared (not actually get sick though!).

I love the Peoplemover, and FoF parade. Looking at your pictures made me think I want to see it more than once on my next trip. I am BIG into photography, especially at Disney (I took about 8900 pictures last trip) and now I want to watch the whole parade with different lenses on my camera. Once with my zoom, once with my wide etc.

Totally annoying about the wait at BOG, but it's so beautiful, isn't it? Did you try the strawberry cupcake? That is delicious too! They didn't have the one with the grey stuff when I was there. That means next time!

We did have the strawbeerry! We had one of each. They were all pretty strong contenders - not really a flop in the bunch.

I only took 1407 pictures. That is a major fail compared to you! Wow!!!! I love to look at my Disney pictures... I find I look through the odler files more than themore recent trips. So fun to see my kids so small enjoying Disney.

Thanks for joining in!

So it is now around 3:30 in the MK and we just finished watching the fabulous FoF for the FIRST time. We decided to scratch another first from our list: Country Bear Jamboree.

I don't know just what I was expecting here. But I felt like I was at Showbiz pizza. Or in Branson. Or at a Showbiz in Branson. The crowd was laughing to beat the band and the five of us were just looking at each other like, what? Really? You're laughing at that? As we exited AJ looked at me and said, "Liverlips? Really?" We busted out laughing and kind of agreed without words that once was enough inside CBJ. It wasn't terrible or torturous, just not us, I guess. Which is odd because we LOVE the Tiki Room. We really really love it. We are not normal people.

Time for a tried and true. Again. We just really love this ride. We even like the queue. The posted wait time was 30 minutes. disneywaittimes.com said the actual was 17. The time we aited was 27 minutes. We tested this many times and always found the actual wait time to be pretty close but always under the posted time. however, we found the posted time and the time on the MDE app to almost always be different from each other, while disneywaittimes.com always had the correct posted wait time. So there is that.

DSC_0997_zpsb69804b0.jpg

DSC_1000_zps9c4e813c.jpg

DSC_1002_zpscefcafaa.jpg

After this we decided to wait in the HM line, posted wait time of 30 minutes. We find this line almost always goes faster than posted. but after about 3 minutes of waiting we had one of Those Moments. Unhappy kids didn't want to wait. It was about 4-4:30pm and we had been up since 6am, so we gave in and said, ok what do you want to do? AJ wanted to play more Time Suck Card Game (SOTMK) and the girls wanted to shop. So we did these things. We ended up meeting the boys at the train station as they were finishing up their last portal, and we went to the top for the first time. Yes, we had never been up there, and I really wanted to check it out.

DSC_1009_zpsacba099a.jpg

I bet this is an amazing place to watch fWishes. I also bet it fills up quickly. Anyone have experience with this?

Leaving the train station we hit this:
DSC_1032_zps5f41ccb6.jpg

We did not see any pictues up on the floats as part of the "Play It!" experience, but we all sang, "Vamos!" for the rest of the day. And we were still singing "in the big bluuuuuue worrrrrrrld" from yesterday at AK. I am sure we were annoying the pants off everyone around us.

Flat Gram said hello to Goofy, her main man:
DSC_1041_zpse75b2afc.jpg

It was about 5:30pm and we had a 6:25pm ADR for a restaurant we were trying for the FIRST time - WCC. I was interested to see how my peeps would enjoy the hijinks over there. Sometimes we are the type to join in, and sometimes we prefer to smirk at the antics around us. What would it be tonight??? Stay tuned to find out.
We next went on a hunt for one of those Minute maid iced lemonades for Leah, who had been saving her daily snack for it. (No need to save - we always end up with a dozen or so extra). Troy and I grabbed a sbux (sorry - we are weak), and we all went into the Confectionary.

Loving your trip report! You have such an awesome family!!
Two questions for you :)
Where did you sit for the parade? It looks like maybe frontier land? Would you say that is a good spot? I am dying to see the new parade!!! I've been three times now since they started it and it just never works with our schedule or the weather!!!???!! Grrrr

Also, did you have a stroller for Paige? How did she make out at the end of the day? Just wondering as we are planning on taking our daughter for what I refer to as "5th Birthday blowout" and don't want to have to use the stroller everyday!! Just wondering how your 5 year old handled it

Thanks in advance and looking forward to more!!

Loving your trip report! You have such an awesome family!! Two questions for you :) Where did you sit for the parade? It looks like maybe frontier land? Would you say that is a good spot? I am dying to see the new parade!!! I've been three times now since they started it and it just never works with our schedule or the weather!!!???!! Grrrr Also, did you have a stroller for Paige? How did she make out at the end of the day? Just wondering as we are planning on taking our daughter for what I refer to as "5th Birthday blowout" and don't want to have to use the stroller everyday!! Just wondering how your 5 year old handled it Thanks in advance and looking forward to more!!

Hi! Thanks for joining in!

I should've said this.... We sat in Frontierland for the parade. We got our spot about 20 min before 3pm and it was front-row on the rope. We say right in front of the shooting arcade. It was a good spot because it was last minute and front row. The drawback was that you couldn't see the floats coming without stretching out and craning your neck past the rope. That said, when they passed you they were very close.

We did not use a stroller for the first time. My older two kids started walking at 5. Paige did great. She got piggy backs from dad and brother from time to time. Her only complaints were walking to and from Epcot from YC. It's a very easy walk. I think it just felt long to her because you couldn't actually SEE the final destination ahead of you. If we'd had a stroller, I think she would've sat in it happily! We enjoyed not having it, especially on buses.

We did have the strawbeerry! We had one of each. They were all pretty strong contenders - not really a flop in the bunch.

I only took 1407 pictures. That is a major fail compared to you! Wow!!!! I love to look at my Disney pictures... I find I look through the odler files more than themore recent trips. So fun to see my kids so small enjoying Disney.

Thanks for joining in!

I get looking at old pictures. I don't have children of my own, but I do have my sister's Florida trip pictures on my external hard drive and I get a kick out of peeking at them every once in a while. Especially the first one when the kids are about 2, 4 and 6 (now 7, 9 and 11).

I get looking at old pictures. I don't have children of my own, but I do have my sister's Florida trip pictures on my external hard drive and I get a kick out of peeking at them every once in a while. Especially the first one when the kids are about 2, 4 and 6 (now 7, 9 and 11).

pretty close in age with my brood...

I absolutely love that shot of the girls looking out over Main Street!

I have about 30 more where that came from... haha. Plus I made each girl look out alone. Capturing it first oganically was pretty awesome though.

Country Bears is definitely one of those things you either love or don't - I think the fact is was one of the last attractions Walt had direct input on makes it special for a lot of people. I do love that a lot of the lyrics in it would never fly if they were making that attraction today

Great pictures from on Big Thunder :thumbsup2

Country Bears is definitely one of those things you either love or don't - I think the fact is was one of the last attractions Walt had direct input on makes it special for a lot of people. I do love that a lot of the lyrics in it would never fly if they were making that attraction today

Great pictures from on Big Thunder :thumbsup2

That is definitely true. I love that they keep these things aorund for nostalgia, so Ihope it stays. We love to pop into CoP for just this reason.

I think if the audio had been a bit louder we mau have enjoyed it more. Much of the time we couldn't quite mkae out the lyrics. We could be hard of hearing from hollering at each other all the time, though! Ha! ;)

We were leaving MK for WL to have have dinner at WCC. Wow, that was a lot of acronyms.

We took the boat across the lake, and it was a quick and easy trip. We had not been to the WL lodge before, and I was really anxious to check it out. I had it in mind for our next stay - either that or AKL. (In actuality I just booked our next trip for June 2015 and it Features neither of those places.... :confused3 - I will make a separate post about that for those who give a hoot what we are doing in June 2015)

Since you come in through the back door when taking the boat across you don't get the "wow" factor of the WL lobby in the same way you might if walking in the front door. But we still loved the look of this resort. We were a bit early for dinner so we checked out the lobby and the gift shop. It was in this gift shop that I saw mugs for WL. I later saw BC mugs at the Marketplace. I knew I wanted a YC mug as my souvenir this trip - I always get a mug as my souvenir. Unless we are cruising DCL, then I get a tervis tumbler. But Fittings and Fairings did not carry YC mugs. The nice CM did not tell me if they were out or if they just never existed, but he was clear in the fact that I would not be able to take home a YC mug. :sad1:

But I digress.

DSC_1048_zps5c6c68d4.jpg

DSC_1050_zpsbcf24f65.jpg

DSC_1052_zps2512fab8.jpg

Yes, my son is picking the totem guy's nose.

DSC_1059_zps4d31438c.jpg

"It's a two-headed dog!" -- Paige

We finally headed on up to WCC and gave them our name. We sat and played some Lincoln Logs. I actually had to demonstrate how to build a cabin with these. My kids hadn't seen them before. I felt like a negligent parent. I was ashamed that all three could build an entire city on Minecraft in less time than it took me to explain Lincoln Logs. We finsihed a nice little fort before our buzzer buzzed.

Right as we were seated the unfortunate family next to us made the mistake of asking for ketchup. You all know what happens next. AJ and Leah burst into laughter, and we flipped that disc to green, baby.

Our waitress, Gypsi, was sweet as can be. But not too sweet, because that wouldn't fit the theme, now would it? The kids availed themselves of all you drink milkshakes, and given the environment, I availed myself of this:
DSC_1065_zps42410bed.jpg

Mama's grape juice makes everything better.

My kids pretty much wanted to do anything and everything they could to get "in trouble." They asked for spoons (our neighbors had the big spoon but we were just told to let the shake melt for awhile), napkins, and of course, ketchup.

DSC_1062_zpsc4cea7da.jpg

We kept this for quite awhile before we finally got to dump it off on some other poor family.

They were trying to find boys around the room a date, but A.J. did draw the line at that. Our favorite part was when the dad at the table beside us got in trouble and had to eat the remainder of his meal in a Wanted poster. Yes, his head was sticking out of a wooden frame marked "wanted." We have never laughed so hard. I want DH to build me one so when one of my varmints starts acting up at dinner I can stick that little you-know-what in a wanted poster.

DSC_1067_zps864892ca.jpg

Daddy had to do the Little Teapot.

We loved this meal. It was fun and pretty yummy. The kids really liked the chicken drumsticks, so Gypsi brought out several, which was nice. I loved the dessert - some kind of crumble in a mason jar. It was so good. The salad here was great, too. My kids talk about this meal daily still, and really want to take Gram and Pawp there in June 2015. I explained mama is not buying the DDP for that trip and thus we may not be eating all that many sit-downs. This place ain't cheap.

What followed next was the oddest and worst experience with Disney transportation I have ever had. Actually, it is probably the only truly bad experiecne with Disney transportation I have ever had.

It was about 8:30pm and freezing cold out (ok.... 48 degrees - freezing to Texans) and we were waiting for the boat back to MK. The couple waiting when we got there said they'd been waiting 20 minutes so it should be there any minute. Um, no. Boat after boat came by for the campground. After awhile, we asked the captain of the campground boat when a boat would come from MK. He radioed and said, he is on his way. Well, he arrived about 10 minutes later (about 30 minutes of waiting at this point) and said, folks I am the MK boat, but I have to drop people at the campground first. So, if you want to go to the campground, hop on. Then if there is room the MK folks can board. So this occurs. And there is room for two more. So the couple ahead of us gets on. The dad waiting behind us is not having this. He asks when the MK boat is going to come to actually go to MK? The captain goes inside the boat to radio something. He was gone a solid 5 minutes on his radio. I can understand why the people behind us are getting upset - it was a party night and their time was slipping away. So the CM comes abck out and says, "ok we will go to Mk first but we have no more room so after we drop people at Mk (the two ahead of us) we will drop the campground folks and come back for you." I asked, "are you the campground boat or MK?" because they were in the MK slip. He says, Mk. I had no response because it made no real sense to me. But about 20 minutes later he was back with an empty boat and we all boarded and went to MK. Total wait time - 65 minutes. Very very odd. I can only guess something was going on over the campgrounds... But that long of a wait on a party night was just not right. We were cold, too. But not nearly as cranky as those going to MVMCP, and I have to say if I were them I would not have been a happy camper (bad pun!), either. Of course, I also would've arrived at the party WAY before :30 (when we started waiting for the boat), but that is just me.

So we were finally back at the YC about 10:15 and we all took hot showers and drank hot tea and coffee and we were so happy it was after 10pm and that meant Duffy bedtime stories was over for the night.

I've never eaten at WCC but it looks so fun! And I've never seen the WL either, but that's on my list of places to at least go visit! Looks like you had a great night. Too bad you had to wait so long for the boat.

I've never eaten at WCC but it looks so fun! And I've never seen the WL either, but that's on my list of places to at least go visit! Looks like you had a great night. Too bad you had to wait so long for the boat.

It was fun and I would recommend it! I hope we stay at WL someday... some of my urgency to do so has faded after visiting. Maybe this is just because we loved YC so much. but I would still like to spend some time at WL at some point.

I am heading over to your TR now... I want to know what was left on the toilet...

I love the name "Nate!" It was on our short list for Paige, but, you know... she ended up being a girl. :-)

Ok -I am going to post it in the thread now! And I don't get why I don
t have borders on any of my rides. :worried: I want my free borders!!!! :confused3

We struggled when we were trying to come up with names for our long-awaited firstborn, who arrived 13 years after we were married.

We heard the name Nathan, which means "Gift from God" and we loved it.

The rest of our family, however, did not. My mom asked "What else is on the list?"

And as it turns out, Nate has interpreted the meaning of his name to be "God's Gift" as he has quite a healthy appreciation of himself.

:goodvibes

I have never gotten the Memory Maker with ride photos, but I thought the borders came automatically. We had photopass with rides in Disneyland this summer and I didn't have to do anything extra.

:confused3

We stood on line for the PP photo we all know we must have:
MK_ENTR_7101197257_zps7580cd24.jpeg

Btw, THIS is the Christmas card pic this year. :thumbsup2

OK, great picture!!! Totally Christmas card winner.

:santa:

That's a LOT of Buzz!

I'm loving the mitten saga... waiting for it to be discovered.

::yes::

As I alluded to earleir in this TR you are currently reading, we are planning a June 2015 trip to WDW with my parents. I had a grand plan to stay in a 2-BR villa, either AKL or WL. We were all leaning towards AKL. We ahve never visited in summer before - nope, never - so we figured we would be spening more time at the resort in the hot afternoons than we ever have before. So a ncie resort with things to do would be great. AKL seemed like the ticket.

At this latest visit - the one about which this TR is being written - it became clear that Aj and leah are ready for the next generation of rides. Yes, my friends, I am talking about the-park-that-shall-not-be-named. I have been putting it off for the past 2-3 years. I have this fear that once my kids ride the thrill rides of Universal they won't love Disney anymore. :( I have not been myself since before they were born, so there will be so many new things to experience.

The plan was 6 nights at AKL with my parents, then three nights at a Hilton or something for Universal with just us and the kids. My parents top out at Barnstormer when it comes to thrills and chills. Though my Dad does enjoy ToT.... Upon doing research for the hotel it became apparent how cheaply we could all stay in an off-site condo. And we quickly decided to spend 10 days off-site at Windsor Hills. I have rented a three bedroom townhome for basically pennies, relatively speaking. We are super excited about the room to stretch out, full kitchen, splash pool, etc.

We have stayed off-site just once before... In September 2013 hubs had a conference so we tagged along to the Orlado Peabody and just went to MNSSHP (for the 2nd time) and Epcot for a day. It was a quick trip and we felt off-site was weird, but kinda nice. Orlando has a lot going on that we checked out for the first time. So we are looking forward to exploring a bit more, and enjoying haveing a rental car for groceries, the Univesal trip etc. In June we wil lalso do something else for the first time - a Disney waterpark! All those November visits never boded well for waterpark days. Not for Texans. We always figured those people taking the Blizzard beach bus are from Wisconsin or something and this 63 degrees seems just awesome for a day at the waterpark.

So the plan for June 2015 is 4 day park hoppers plus water park and more, two days at universal, and two days to chill at the condo/play mini golf/explore Orlando. We are all super-excited!!!! With 4 days in the parks we have decided to skip one park so we can go to MK twice. This is a must for us. So we are torn. Leah, Troy and I want to skip Epcot. As sad as that sounds, I just feel there is more for everyone at other parks. A.J. and paige want to skip HS - probably because they both hate ToT! So no idea how that will turn out... I am sure we will get it decided before June!

OK, great picture!!! Totally Christmas card winner.

:santa:

That's a LOT of Buzz!

I'm loving the mitten saga... waiting for it to be discovered.

::yes::

Thanks! We all managed to keep our eyes open, smale, and stamd still simultaneously. A Christmas miracle.

It will be discovered (kinda) in my next update! Darn that mitten!

DSC_0886_zps97d2c9c3.jpg

I think they might be twins. Separated at birth.

If I post the video here, will it work?

We all headed off to our FIRST EVER ride on something that may surprise you. The truth is, the line was always too long and we told the kids it was "boring" and "hot." Can you guess what it is?

I apologize if I am repeating info- I am responding as I read along.

What do you call the opposite of a photobomb? Almost didn't see your daughter hiding behind the gargoyle.

You should be able to post the video. Upload to Photobucket and then post the link.

I'm guessing Peter Pan with Fast Pass.

:)

As I alluded to earleir in this TR you are currently reading, we are planning a June 2015 trip to WDW with my parents. I had a grand plan to stay in a 2-BR villa, either AKL or WL. We were all leaning towards AKL. We ahve never visited in summer before - nope, never - so we figured we would be spening more time at the resort in the hot afternoons than we ever have before. So a ncie resort with things to do would be great. AKL seemed like the ticket.

At this latest visit - the one about which this TR is being written - it became clear that Aj and leah are ready for the next generation of rides. Yes, my friends, I am talking about the-park-that-shall-not-be-named. I have been putting it off for the past 2-3 years. I have this fear that once my kids ride the thrill rides of Universal they won't love Disney anymore. :( I have not been myself since before they were born, so there will be so many new things to experience.

The plan was 6 nights at AKL with my parents, then three nights at a Hilton or something for Universal with just us and the kids. My parents top out at Barnstormer when it comes to thrills and chills. Though my Dad does enjoy ToT.... Upon doing research for the hotel it became apparent how cheaply we could all stay in an off-site condo. And we quickly decided to spend 10 days off-site at Windsor Hills. I have rented a three bedroom townhome for basically pennies, relatively speaking. We are super excited about the room to stretch out, full kitchen, splash pool, etc.

We have stayed off-site just once before... In September 2013 hubs had a conference so we tagged along to the Orlado Peabody and just went to MNSSHP (for the 2nd time) and Epcot for a day. It was a quick trip and we felt off-site was weird, but kinda nice. Orlando has a lot going on that we checked out for the first time. So we are looking forward to exploring a bit more, and enjoying haveing a rental car for groceries, the Univesal trip etc. In June we wil lalso do something else for the first time - a Disney waterpark! All those November visits never boded well for waterpark days. Not for Texans. We always figured those people taking the Blizzard beach bus are from Wisconsin or something and this 63 degrees seems just awesome for a day at the waterpark.

So the plan for June 2015 is 4 day park hoppers plus water park and more, two days at universal, and two days to chill at the condo/play mini golf/explore Orlando. We are all super-excited!!!! With 4 days in the parks we have decided to skip one park so we can go to MK twice. This is a must for us. So we are torn. Leah, Troy and I want to skip Epcot. As sad as that sounds, I just feel there is more for everyone at other parks. A.J. and paige want to skip HS - probably because they both hate ToT! So no idea how that will turn out... I am sure we will get it decided before June!

This I am reading (and posting about) out of sequence.

We LOVE the Dark Side!!! Our Disney-loving family is going for the 3rd time in February. Our last trip was a split stay in July 2013, Universal 3 nights and 4 nights at Disney.

The Harry Potter stuff is amazing and a lot of the other rides are a blast. Definitely a trip that it is important that the kids be willing to try some of the thrill rides.

There are some great trip reports out there, but if I can answer any questions for you, let me know!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter